Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

03/09/2013 Weekend Update

gappy

Re: 03/09/2013 Weekend Update

Post by gappy »

This past week marks the first time since March 23, 2012 that the LSSI has indicated a market that is due for a correction, and at that time the S&P almost immediately climbed into the 1400s, only to fall below the 1300 mark a few weeks later.
LSSI-March-8-2013.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRxqYoZiYPU
‘the petrodollar is our currency and our problem’....Gappy
Apple

Post by Apple »

nightlyhawk wrote:Let's see if this *fun* chart going to play out..... Else, it will head into the trashing bin in nearby future. :lol:
Very, very cool... don't remember seeing anyone do this before (here). :mrgreen:
nightlyhawk

Post by nightlyhawk »

Harapa wrote:
nightlyhawk wrote: ... I played with the currency pair EURUSD, but I couldn't come up with what Tom McClellan gets.
Tom's analysis used EURJPY . :geek:
It was late at night & I forgot what currency pair that he used. :lol: Anyway, I did a lot of researching and twisting data on those currency pairs as well as others, but I couldn't find any edge. So, I gave up the rest.
Apple

Post by Apple »

nightlyhawk wrote:
Harapa wrote:
nightlyhawk wrote: ... I played with the currency pair EURUSD, but I couldn't come up with what Tom McClellan gets.
It was late at night & I forgot what currency pair that he used. :lol: Anyway, I did a lot of researching and twisting data on those currency pairs as well as others, but I couldn't find any edge. So, I gave up the rest.
If I recall correctly, someone here posted reference to this ( http://time-price-research-astrofin.blo ... tions.html ) last year.
nightlyhawk

Post by nightlyhawk »

jademann wrote:
nightlyhawk wrote:Blue line from top part is TLT and bottom part is USD. The idea came from David Larew (on Public ChartLists), who showed me how to fast forward the lines. I played with the currency pair EURUSD, but I couldn't come up with what Tom McClellan gets. Maybe you could with your excellent charting skills. If you're interested, pm me & I will give you the settings so you could play with it.
Nightlyhawk, Well thats a little ironic because I PM'ed you twice last week to ask about another of your charts, but you didnt even reply, not even a message to say its propreitry..
First of all, forgive me that I didn't respond back your messages and some others. Blame my current day job, which is too busy and stressful as I have to deal with ton of compliance stuff.

Secondly, I don't want to display charts that are deceptive because it is against my ethic values. However, for some charts that I don't like to display settings, I might not be willing to share the settings since these charts (i.e. very reliable setup charts) took lots of time to develop. Maybe you think that I am selfish, but in order to get to where I'm right now I lost a lot of money from trading years ago and also, it took me many sleepless nights over last few years to do research (as a hobby) to get to this stage. The main reason why I participate into this forum is because of Cobra's master and generous works over the years that put me into the right shape. So, by participating in this forum and voting for him, I hope it'd help a bit to return his favors.

Overall, I don't mind to display those reliable charts on here to help you to make some profits (hopefully) and to keep this forum more alive, fair enough? There are some other very reliable setup charts that I haven't displayed on here yet. All of these works allow me to make many winning trades over last 2-year, which I haven't had a single losing trade since then while trading in ST and MT time-frame.

Well, I got to run. I typed this message in hurry and if I made any mistake due to my poor english, then forgive me. :D It's Sunday and the weather is nice outside, I hope you all enjoy it.
nightlyhawk

Post by nightlyhawk »

Apple wrote:
nightlyhawk wrote:
Harapa wrote:
If I recall correctly, someone here posted reference to this ( http://time-price-research-astrofin.blo ... tions.html ) last year.
Thx Apple. I shall have a look into it later this evening as I got to run now.
TradingJackal

Post by TradingJackal »

Hi Guys,

I am back! Its been an amazing 6 months. Not a day spent looking at the market. Then the urge came strong again. Had to visit my favorite forum :D Spent yesterday typing away. So much has changed and so little has changed.

Back to picking the top :P

Posted about GLDand some SPX fib extensions I found interesting.
There are no bulls or bears in the market. Only wolves and sheep.
Twitter @TradingJackal
http://tradingjackal.blogspot.com/
knock

Post by knock »

Apple wrote:
nightlyhawk wrote:
Harapa wrote:
This analogy has failed. I replicated the chart in my Excel and refresh it from time to time, but SPY and EUROdollar have had big divergence since then.
knock

Post by knock »

TradingJackal wrote:Hi Guys,

I am back! Its been an amazing 6 months. Not a day spent looking at the market. Then the urge came strong again. Had to visit my favorite forum :D Spent yesterday typing away. So much has changed and so little has changed.

Back to picking the top :P

Posted about GLDand some SPX fib extensions I found interesting.
Master Jackal!!! Welcome back!!!
TradingJackal

Post by TradingJackal »

We had an almost perfect Wolfe setup till about 2 weeks ago. It failed. Sharing what could have been.

Perhaps it can be salvaged in another way at 161.8 extension.
Attachments
^SP500 (Daily)  8_22_2011 - 3_8_2013.png
There are no bulls or bears in the market. Only wolves and sheep.
Twitter @TradingJackal
http://tradingjackal.blogspot.com/
jademann

Post by jademann »

nightlyhawk wrote:
jademann wrote:
nightlyhawk wrote:Blue line from top part is TLT and bottom part is USD. The idea came from David Larew (on Public ChartLists), who showed me how to fast forward the lines. I played with the currency pair EURUSD, but I couldn't come up with what Tom McClellan gets. Maybe you could with your excellent charting skills. If you're interested, pm me & I will give you the settings so you could play with it.
Nightlyhawk, Well thats a little ironic because I PM'ed you twice last week to ask about another of your charts, but you didnt even reply, not even a message to say its propreitry..
Overall, I don't mind to display those reliable charts on here to help you to make some profits (hopefully) and to keep this forum more alive, fair enough? There are some other very reliable setup charts that I haven't displayed on here yet. All of these works allow me to make many winning trades over last 2-year, which I haven't had a single losing trade since then while trading in ST and MT time-frame.
Well thats ok, I can understand why you wouldnt want to give away too much.
Are you not even able to name an indicator which is really this reliable in this choppy market?
What are you expecting for next week breakout highs or a small correction?
My main fear about going long with much capital is that you may think your indicators are good but then you find that the markets just keep dropping until they get oversold and then even more oversold, eg. flash crash or similar to 2008 again. It is hard to imagine an indicator so perfect that it can prevent you getting hurt as the markets really start to accelerate down, getting more and more oversold.
My comments were dictated to me by homie the clown
nightlyhawk

Post by nightlyhawk »

jademann wrote:
nightlyhawk wrote:
jademann wrote:

Well thats ok, I can understand why you wouldnt want to give away too much.
Are you not even able to name an indicator which is really this reliable in this choppy market?
What are you expecting for next week breakout highs or a small correction?
My main fear about going long with much capital is that you may think your indicators are good but then you find that the markets just keep dropping until they get oversold and then even more oversold, eg. flash crash or similar to 2008 again. It is hard to imagine an indicator so perfect that it can prevent you getting hurt as the markets really start to accelerate down, getting more and more oversold.

I'm typing this on my tablet from outside. So, I'll keep my message short. Yet, there are great traders on here that I don't want to make fun of myself. My trick is to trade extreme levels while bearing bigger time frame in mind so I won't trade against the trend.

I agree with Umpel that equity market is topping in MT time frame, which are supported by lots of evidences. What I am waiting for is signals to confirm before shorting using SPXS. For next wk, I believe market is going to pull back as early as tomorrow, which might last for days.
ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

Mr. BachNut wrote:
ClarkW wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on Corn? Lots of overlap on these waves down. Looks like it MIGHT be ready to change course
I am told it will be weather sensitive. Stocks are on the low side after last year's drought. If weather is on the dry side this planting/growing season, there will be a big move.
Thanks for your comments Mr. Bachnut! Much appreciated
jademann

Post by jademann »

I have often tried to understand this chart of UUP vs SPY especially leading up to the big 2007 correction
sometimes one leads sometimes the other, sometimes same direction and sometimes opposite..

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=spy# ... =undefined;
My comments were dictated to me by homie the clown
Harapa

Be careful with analogues

Post by Harapa »

According this analogue (first reported by Tom McClellan) markets should have entered significant correction ~Jan 3rd, 2013, but didn't.
http://time-price-research-astrofin.blo ... tions.html
Attachments
spy_eurusd cot.gif
Last edited by Harapa on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Above is provided for informational purposes only and shouldn't be considered an investment advice or recommendation to buy or sell anything.
ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

BullBear52x wrote:XLE and XLK is still lagging
Nice! I like the XLE in particular. Great work as always BB
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

When NASDAQ breadth pops above its upper bolinger, it usually pulls back a bit.
A sell signal occurs when it drops below the bolinger centerline.
EDIT: It’s Sunday, vote snake: https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859
310nas breadth.png
Last edited by Al_Dente on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
uempel

Post by uempel »

Nightlyhawk, I did not write that a medium term top is close :D I'll repeat what I wrote yesterday:

"If SPX keeps on climbing higher the index will negate these long term weekly patterns. In my view this is highly unlikely. Intraweek the index might shoot higher, but by Friday 15th (Triple Witch) SPX should be back under the blue line"

And in the chart I write:

"SPX should be near some kind of a top".

This "some kind of a top" could be heads-up for any kind of correction, perhaps only down to 1525 which is less than two percent down :geek:
79.png
StudentBill

Post by StudentBill »

jademann wrote:
Don't want to blow up anyone's spot but I figured out how to do that time shift chat on stock charts. I have been wanting to easily do this myself for awhile and just never thought it could be down with out a spreadsheet. I'm sure a lot of people would like to play with this.

You can time shift a moving average by putting a comma after the ma period and then entering the number of bars you want to shift the moving average, positive or negative. Set the moving average to 1 and turn the opacity of the unshifted line to 0. This chart is not my idea of a good alignment of the Euro and SPX, just an example of how to use the time shift.

http://blogs.stockcharts.com/mailbag/20 ... hift+chart
shiftdata.JPG