Post by MrMiyagi »

745.png
BullBear52x

Re: 03/14/2013 Live Update

Post by BullBear52x »

double top with reversal candle on SMH
Attachments
1.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
KENA

Post by KENA »

Mark wrote:I am very eager to see an update to this chart, can somebody help? tomorrow can be a big down day if it confirms.

Give me 5 to clear up some items and I will post a new one.
Denali92

Post by Denali92 »

VERY honest and very appropriate.

We are squeezing, squeezing, squeezing during an opex week let alone a quad witch .... like we have never done in the past 6 years... there have been more than a few opex weeks and quad witch weeks that have gone straight up.... but none that started the week with very high stochastics on both a weekly and daily basis that has kept on going.....

There have been 16 opex weeks where SPY's weekly stochastic was 90 or higher the week before.

Most of these had elevated daily stochastics, but only did not correct at least somewhat during the week. Here are the months that share some similarities to this week:

Feb 2013: Mon low and a Wed high and then a top post opex

May 07: Mon Low, down on Thursday, but then a gap up on Friday and a minor top the Wed post opex, but we had sold off a bit to start the week (unlike this week and we had also had a 23 pt correction the previous week)

Mar 2010: What to me is the closest to what we have experienced - but we had a Monday low, a Wednesday top and then a Monday after bottom

Aug 2012: This is possibly the closes comparison to this current opex week - Mon low (though an inside day to Friday's range and almost touched the lows of the previous Friday) and then a sharp move up on the Thursday and a slightly higher high on Friday before we minor topped out on the Tuesday after....

Anyway, it is an unusual opex week for certain and while I still expect a top of some sort between tomorrow and next week around the FOMC, I must admit that the playbook on post employment and opex week hourly sell signals has not worked at all this week.. so I will just keep providing the stats and let people make up their minds on the possible scenarios.

-D

Cobra wrote:I have no idea what the market is doing.
skittlesmds

Post by skittlesmds »

Hi All,

I know I haven't posted in a while and wanted to let yall know why. I got an offer to work back in the oil & gas industry and it was like a "Godfather" offer. It was something that I couldn't refuse. I don't have time to trade anymore but still look at the live updates as much as I can which for now is very little as I'm busy. The work that I am doing is near OK City.

Just wanted to come on here to say hello while I had a few minutes during trading hours. :D :D I miss posting and talking with all of yall.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

testing the day high indeed. the pattern looks good, just 20 min to close now.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
gappy

Post by gappy »

skittlesmds wrote:Hi All,

I know I haven't posted in a while and wanted to let yall know why. I got an offer to work back in the oil & gas industry and it was like a "Godfather" offer. It was something that I couldn't refuse. I don't have time to trade anymore but still look at the live updates as much as I can which for now is very little as I'm busy. The work that I am doing is near OK City.

Just wanted to come on here to say hello while I had a few minutes during trading hours. :D :D I miss posting and talking with all of yall.
X-lent for you Skits! Keep in touch now. :D
‘the petrodollar is our currency and our problem’....Gappy
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

746.png
gappy

Post by gappy »

Denali92 wrote:VERY honest and very appropriate.

We are squeezing, squeezing, squeezing during an opex week let alone a quad witch .... like we have never done in the past 6 years... there have been more than a few opex weeks and quad witch weeks that have gone straight up.... but none that started the week with very high stochastics on both a weekly and daily basis that has kept on going.....

There have been 16 opex weeks where SPY's weekly stochastic was 90 or higher the week before.

Most of these had elevated daily stochastics, but only did not correct at least somewhat during the week. Here are the months that share some similarities to this week:

Feb 2013: Mon low and a Wed high and then a top post opex

May 07: Mon Low, down on Thursday, but then a gap up on Friday and a minor top the Wed post opex, but we had sold off a bit to start the week (unlike this week and we had also had a 23 pt correction the previous week)

Mar 2010: What to me is the closest to what we have experienced - but we had a Monday low, a Wednesday top and then a Monday after bottom

Aug 2012: This is possibly the closes comparison to this current opex week - Mon low (though an inside day to Friday's range and almost touched the lows of the previous Friday) and then a sharp move up on the Thursday and a slightly higher high on Friday before we minor topped out on the Tuesday after....

Anyway, it is an unusual opex week for certain and while I still expect a top of some sort between tomorrow and next week around the FOMC, I must admit that the playbook on post employment and opex week hourly sell signals has not worked at all this week.. so I will just keep providing the stats and let people make up their minds on the possible scenarios.

-D

Cobra wrote:I have no idea what the market is doing.
:geek: :D
‘the petrodollar is our currency and our problem’....Gappy
KENA

Post by KENA »

The chart for Mark
chart by stocktiming
chart by stocktiming
joeynickels

Post by joeynickels »

skittlesmds wrote:Hi All,

Best wishes for your happiness and success.
Out of Bounds

Post by Out of Bounds »

The market is having an orgasm and I am the guy with the mop. :cry:
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

target met. looks like more.
Attachments
1.png

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

uempel

Post by uempel »

1 min update looks bullish again:
987.png
Last edited by uempel on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jademann

Post by jademann »

nice gap into friday am..
My comments were dictated to me by homie the clown
Unique

Post by Unique »

SPY
Attachments
spy_march14_5_3.PNG
Restarted the AAPL blog into E-mini S&P 500 Trading Blog , see here: http://aapltechnicals.blogspot.ca/
Apple

Post by Apple »

:(
Last edited by Apple on Fri May 27, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Out of Bounds

Post by Out of Bounds »

Anyone know max pain for SPY? My program is not working
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for today. Seasonality tomorrow is just a little bit bearish biased as Dow down 3 of last 4, according to stock trader's almanac. thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow.

before the close, please take a little time to vote for me, thanks. https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/tenpp
Attachments
1.png