Al_Dente

Re: 03/20/2013 Live Update

Post by Al_Dente »

GDX miners
Bullish ascending triangle
Needs volume to breakout 38+
Tight range 37-38
320gdx.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
toddymc

Post by toddymc »

Hello All!! have been away for awhile but I'm back...to business that is-- :D
Mr. VIX seems to be missing neg. RSI divergence to complete this corrective move.
VIX Chart target.jpg
Last edited by toddymc on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
L_T

Post by L_T »

jarbo456 wrote:anyone following SLV still? looks like it's falling out of the channel...not great for my reversal plan. moved stop to even.
It's below major moving averages on a daily time frame and not making new highs. Unless you end up catching the yet-to-be-known bottom I think it will continue down eventually FWIW.

I think your own comment of overlapping action is telling......
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

jarbo456 wrote:anyone following SLV still? looks like it's falling out of the channel...not great for my reversal plan. moved stop to even.
Could be forming a wave 4...headed down to 5..
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-03-20 at 8.17.41 AM.png
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

BullBear52x wrote:
GLD got what I called " a neg price reversal" here too, next rip below 156.34 will be a sell
no bueno.
Unique

Post by Unique »

Out of Bounds wrote:this is starting to make me a bit upset.
Fed day, wait for the breakout, then enjoy free vacation money :D

There's a saying... losers average in losers...I cut reds quickly
Last edited by Unique on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Restarted the AAPL blog into E-mini S&P 500 Trading Blog , see here: http://aapltechnicals.blogspot.ca/
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Al_Dente wrote:Watching bonds down, stocks up
triangle
The attachment 320tlt.png is no longer available
My look at TLT is still on schedule, next rip will tell, no new high will get a sell based on my short term swing set up here, so far so good.
Attachments
1.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Xian

Post by Xian »

Good morning all!

1. FMOC: Big fan of their earlier work; question their ability to keep cranking out the hits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxeBccvWDRQ

2. Cyprus. Maybe it is small, but is "only a pawn in their game." If history is any indication Russia and Germany having a go at each other is not small.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpoc8r ... UnP-aUyBtc

3. Classic blunders: Never get involved in a land war in Asia, and only slightly less well known is this: Never fuck with Russian gangsters when money is on the line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWW6aDpUvbQ

4. Felix Salmon has been on a bit of a roll lately:

http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2 ... n-twitter/

5. Greatest invention of all time and the stock goes down?! Makes me question what the hell is wrong with this country.

http://business.financialpost.com/2013/ ... -shares-7/

6. And lastly for Al and Uempel, two bros for whom I think this might really apply:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoIfglXAbh0

(with apologies to Hank Snow)
silicon_beaver

Post by silicon_beaver »

Xian wrote:Good morning all!

3. Classic blunders: Never get involved in a land war in Asia, and only slightly less well known is this: Never fuck with Russian gangsters when money is on the line.
This one funny. :D
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

GDX has made a series of lower lows on the TSI...usually when that happens it needs a pullback to a higher low to get a sustained rally of some kind...price can get a high or lower low when that happens...

RSI is at resistance...need to see that break out for GDX to break out IMHO...

I guess, we will find out which way it goes...quite possible it breaks out then breaks down at a later time...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-03-20 at 8.25.08 AM.png
silicon_beaver

Post by silicon_beaver »

Unique wrote: Limit stops are for suckers because MMs will crush you if you're a day trader. So if you have the time to monitor, then manual stops at market prices are the best IMHO.
As individual trader, I use manual stops. But most time, limit order.
Out of Bounds

Post by Out of Bounds »

silicon_beaver wrote:
Unique wrote: Limit stops are for suckers because MMs will crush you if you're a day trader. So if you have the time to monitor, then manual stops at market prices are the best IMHO.
As individual trader, I use manual stops. But most time, limit order.
I put in an order at my target, then hit cancel/replace and have it ready at my fingertips to change price and hit sell to close. A mere half second and I can get away clean.
taggard

Post by taggard »

In Nicosia, a Cypriot government spokesman said President Nicos Anastasiades’s cabinet had forged a new proposal that aimed to “reduce the €5.8 billion haircut from depositors, by borrowing from our own resources.” He did not provide details, but state television reported that consideration was being given to tapping Cyprus’s national pension fund or issuing new debt.

And in a surprise twist, the head of the Church of Cyprus went on television to propose putting all of its properties up as collateral so that the state could issue a new round of sovereign bonds to raise money. The church is one of the largest and most influential investors on this Mediterranean island, with vast holdings in banks, real estate and other interests.
Archbishop Chrysostomos II suggested that all of the Church’s dioceses, parishes and monasteries — which are also big investors — could then buy a portion of the bonds to help the country at a time of need.
Describing the church’s holdings as “huge,” the archbishop said it would “put all its property is in the country’s disposal in order to support the people, avoid the banking collapse and help the country stand on its own feet.”

fairly trippy and certainly different my my understanding of church biz as usual. looks like we have a 3 way between the local church/the russian mob. . and of course (coming to a theater near you) the national pension fund shaping up.
L_T

Post by L_T »

5. Greatest invention of all time and the stock goes down?! Makes me question what the hell is wrong with this country.

http://business.financialpost.com/2013/ ... -shares-7/
:D Nice.
L_T

Post by L_T »

Wow boring day (SPY 5 minute).
Attachments
ScreenShot089.jpg
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

TraderGirl wrote:GDX has made a series of lower lows on the TSI...usually when that happens it needs a pullback to a higher low to get a sustained rally of some kind...price can get a high or lower low when that happens...

RSI is at resistance...need to see that break out for GDX to break out IMHO...

I guess, we will find out which way it goes...quite possible it breaks out then breaks down at a later time...
luv it
u goin' way back there mama
luv it
:mrgreen:
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

XIAN dude that stuff is hysterical
“FMOC: Big fan of their earlier work; [ :lol: :lol:] question their ability to keep cranking out the hits” :lol: :lol:

See-through pants
“we pulled all of the ... women’s bottoms from our stores”
:lol: :lol: rolflmao
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

bears go sell on Qs if you want the market down :lol:
Attachments
1.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
toddymc

Post by toddymc »

Preparing to scale into SPY puts for a scalp or more :mrgreen: ...especially if we hold below ES 1553
SPY 155 put.png
sorry about this sizing issue.. changing browser settings now...
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

hidden bear_png.png