Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

06/12/2013 Live Update

MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

user13 wrote:Mr Miyagi, do you ever take trades based on them or do you just use them as a reference?
NO NEVER!!! I will sell based on them though as they do often stop a price move.
Base your buying decisions on real analysis provided here, pBars just as a "good to know" backup confirmation.

surrogate wrote:How can I see a p bar on my chart? Are they actual executed trades, or just a bid/ask flash of a large amount of shares?
These pBars come off of TD Waterhouse in Canada. Occasionally you will see them on other brokers' platforms.
Last edited by MrMiyagi on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Out of Bounds

Re: 06/12/2013 Live Update

Post by Out of Bounds »

Anyone else thinking of a gap down in the morning? I am Contemplating holding shorts overnight.
tomsky

Post by tomsky »

fxaprendiz wrote:Hi there,
I'm new to this forum. A quick info... I have been trading Forex for a some years on and off, just starting to get profitable. And now I'm starting to trade the SPX500 as well. My trades are more on the medium-long term range, and so are my charts, but I thought of starting writing here since it's the busiest thread. But later posts may be placed in the "investors" thread if you think is best.

Ok, here's the latest chart I'm working on the medium term. I'm expecting Price Action to bounce from today's low up to the small violet rectangle just below 1670. If the upmove stalls there and SPX rollovers then we'll have a bearish Gartley that should help to resume the downtrend.
The probable date for the rollover is Wed June 19 but it may happen as soon as next Monday.
spx 06.12.2013.JPG
Long term I happen to think the high of May 22nd is a multi-year top and I'm bearish until at least the end of 2014, but more probable until the end of 2016.

Incidentally, I'm from Mexico and love tacos and Mayan virgins...
I like what i see :) You'll find that indexes are influenced also by planets (i'm saying also because i presume you use the astro for forex trading but i'm not experienced with currencies and turn dates).
I'm watching a longer term chart (weekly) and don't post very often but maybe you can fill the gap.

PS. Welcome!
The hardest thing to see is what is in front of your eyes.
Trading is the most dangerous human endeavor, short of war.
user13

Post by user13 »

We're a week away from FOMC so that should be kept in mind.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
surrogate

Re:

Post by surrogate »

MrMiyagi wrote:
user13 wrote:Mr Miyagi, do you ever take trades based on them or do you just use them as a reference?
NO NEVER!!! I will sell based on them though as they do often stop a price move.
Base your buying decisions on real analysis provided here, pBars just as a "good to know" backup confirmation.

surrogate wrote:How can I see a p bar on my chart? Are they actual executed trades, or just a bid/ask flash of a large amount of shares?
These pBars come off of TD Waterhouse in Canada. Occasionally you will see them on other brokers' platforms.
Thank you Mr. Miyagi
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Interesting that the Miyagi P-bar, dashed orange line, at 161.37, is almost exactly at 50% fib-retrace. There are no coincidences [?]
Plus, top panel Vortex-5 (honey badger) says we may be near a bottom of some kind….
612sixty.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
tomsky

Post by tomsky »

Out of Bounds wrote:Anyone else thinking of a gap down in the morning? I am Contemplating holding shorts overnight.
Don't think will have a gap down, we're near the bottom of the down channel started Monday, should provide a temporarly support, i'm looking at least for a short term bounce tomorrow morning. If we close at or near the LOD i'll close my shorts.
The hardest thing to see is what is in front of your eyes.
Trading is the most dangerous human endeavor, short of war.
ALdaytrade

Post by ALdaytrade »

tomsky wrote:
Out of Bounds wrote:Anyone else thinking of a gap down in the morning? I am Contemplating holding shorts overnight.
Don't think will have a gap down, we're near the bottom of the down channel started Monday, should provide a temporarly support, i'm looking at least for a short term bounce tomorrow morning. If we close at or near the LOD i'll close my shorts.
Aren't we a bit far away from the 5 sma for a gap down? I was thinking same pattern as today for tomorrow.
ALdaytrade

Post by ALdaytrade »

ALdaytrade wrote:
tomsky wrote:
Aren't we a bit far away from the 5 sma for a gap down? I was thinking same pattern as today for tomorrow.
5 sma is 1629, normally $SPX likes to get back to 5 sma once a day, so it might start up there tomorrow. Does this look reasonalbe? Maybe this is my "hoping and praying" because I always exit the trend to soon and start the other direction before it is time. I have to stop doing that!
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

trend line resistance.
Attachments
1.png

MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

NYMO should end at -95 range, NYDEC around +2500. These are very big/extreme numbers that could very well lead to a big bounce.
They can also keep getting bigger... :twisted:

If SPY drops in the morning, it could very well hit the pBar and drop NYMO well past -110 for a bounce setup for the resto of the day.
ALdaytrade

Post by ALdaytrade »

P BAR, 163.14
Is that correct?
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

1203.png
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Well guess that's it for today. need dig a little before calling tomorrow. members should know the bottom line now. thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow.

before the close, please take a little time to vote for me, thanks. https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/chartbook
Attachments
1.png

Out of Bounds

Post by Out of Bounds »

Ah. You guy are right. I'll close them.
Nrsimha

Post by Nrsimha »

user13 wrote:We're a week away from FOMC so that should be kept in mind.
It may come as news to some, but the Fed really has no idea what it is doing

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-06-1 ... ed-what-do
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, didn't Myagi's low p-bar get hit already?
seemore

Post by seemore »

ALdaytrade wrote:P BAR, 163.14
Is that correct?
Here is what I show from after-hours on nasdaq.com:

6/6/2013
time $price # shares $ value (not rounded like price)
4:04 $161.34 300,000 $48,402,360.00
4:05 $161.37 500,870 $80,823,037.81
4:11 $161.37 501,538 $80,930,879.99
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

I just bought a very powerful PC to do optimizations for all my trading models (members will have signals from those models). my current i7 machine (2 years old) runs hours for optimizing just a few parameters, so cannot do it anymore.

People familiar with game PC should be able to see the PC is a powerful Alienware.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1371067231703.jpg

fxaprendiz

Post by fxaprendiz »

tomsky wrote: I like what i see :) You'll find that indexes are influenced also by planets (i'm saying also because i presume you use the astro for forex trading but i'm not experienced with currencies and turn dates).
I'm watching a longer term chart (weekly) and don't post very often but maybe you can fill the gap.

PS. Welcome!
Thanks for the welcome, tomsky and aldente!

Actually it's been only a couple weeks that I added astro data to my toolbox. I work mostly with Fibonacci ratios, Harmonic EW and simple trendlines/support/resistance. But I think astro can help me pinpoint turn dates.

I think I'm going to start posting my later charts on the "investor lounge" thread as most of them are long term and that way they won't get lost on this fast-paced thread.
Maybe I'll update them like once or twice a month as they are very slow-moving. For now I can tell the ones I'm working on show me the possibility of a wide range of roughly 1660-1550 for the whole Summer, and then SPX may start a more serious decline around the middle of September. I'll publish them in this forum once I have better defined targets...