Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

On the 3rd thought: Was the low in for October?

Was the Oct 4 low the low for the October?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:37 pm

Told you, the low was in! Hello, wake up, read the tape, trade what you see not what you believe!
55%
No way! You bulls just laugh now, yeah, don't cry later!
32%
No comment, that damn Cobar is just teasing us!
13%

Total votes: 84

Cobra
Site Admin

On the 3rd thought: Was the low in for October?

Post by Cobra »

Hey, guys, let's vote again: Was the Oct 4 low the low for the October? Maybe you have a 3rd thought this time?
4.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
ddd

Re: On the 3rd thought: Was the low in for October?

Post by ddd »

The low was in, but the current level should be retested, if we have a continuation run or a second leg up after a setback.
RZRsharp

Post by RZRsharp »

should also be a poll for if you've changed your vote over the past three polls!

thanks for the great forum Cobra. First post here, hope to contribute often
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

RZRsharp wrote:should also be a poll for if you've changed your vote over the past three polls!

thanks for the great forum Cobra. First post here, hope to contribute often
Right, that's a good idea. Thanks and welcome aboard!

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
silicon_beaver

Post by silicon_beaver »

someone mentioned early, poll by average and poll by professional will not be same (assume professionals have better market understanding).

I noticed, even "professional" (image voters from this forum are "professional"), but their poll seems still a reverse indicator.

poll of 10/07, difference was 75 (=95-20). bear-biased. market had proved "most voters" against the market at that time (voter bearish while market bullish)
poll of 10/12, difference reduced to only four (4) (=53-49). market still up up up, some bears gave up. less voter bearish. bear-bull close to balanced.
poll of 10/21 (latest one), the smallest difference, 3 (=19-16, but not closed yet). bear-bull closer. quite a few bears joined bulls. the party going-on.

at this point, I really guess, time is due for a correction. since most of bears are turned into bulls. when bears getting less and less, the bull market ends. :lol:
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

Carl Swenlin believes the low is in.
Caution: Carl Swenlin's 30 years experience was wrong in 2010.
Twitter @jackwag0n
galaxy2010

Post by galaxy2010 »

Yes. The low was in for the October.
seekingknowledge

Post by seekingknowledge »

Voted "No way". The monthly chart MACD is below zero. Also, we never hit the target low expected when you measure the bear flag that was created in August. Also, we never experienced "capitulation" yet on heavy, heavy selling. Additionally, there is key support in the 1,000 area that is certain to be retested and that area equals the measured move expected from the August bear flag. Lastly, King Cobra has presented additional evidences for a lower-low.
Rob

Post by Rob »

The low isn't in historically , but on lower percentages, the low was in !
Another thing to think about for young traders , (not your age, your experience), charts since 1988 are wild, and probably will continue wild unless we crash like 1929 . Having said that, breaking the rules on lower low was more common during stable growth, eg., hitting lower bollinger band , m.a.s on month and week time frames. Watching option trader sentiment for a clue works better in my research during volatile times, but is only good for an early indicator during confirmed steady bull cycles. Right now we are so close to continuing on in a bull move I'm shocked in to hanging back and just watching. I've had long term buy signals on the sox and russell , NYA hasn't confirmed and rules for me . NYA isn't has more room to rally before any resistance test I take seriously and is lagging in my opinion and telling us , market is weak and not done correcting.

scratching my head here, Rob
PRI

Post by PRI »

I just voted. I think that the low is likely in for OCTOBER. What happens in November remains to be seen...