Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

The top was in or it's just another buy opportunity?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:04 pm

Yes, the top was in! Payback time!
24%
Come on, give me a break! It's the buy opportunity I've been waiting for so long. Don't ever miss this train again!
11%
I'd like to see a few more days before calling bull or bear...
65%

Total votes: 74

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Hi, guys, poll time. Judging by today's actions, you think the top was in or it's just another buy opportunity?
Attachments
4.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Petsamo

Re: The top was in or it's just another buy opportunity?

Post by Petsamo »

Japan, Hang Seng, & India gapped down Thursday & Friday (except Japan gapped up Friday). Those three should gap down Monday. The sell off should continue. US should gap down Monday. Image
Twitter @jackwag0n
SB73

Post by SB73 »

Petsamo wrote:Japan, Hang Seng, & India gapped down Thursday & Friday (except Japan gapped up Friday). Those three should gap down Monday. The sell off should continue. US should gap down Monday. Image
I thought you were calling for a gap up? I honestly have no clue on the gaps, but I would guess small gap up followed by selling then back to test the potential top on Tues / Wed
dcurban1

Post by dcurban1 »

Petsamo wrote:Japan, Hang Seng, & India gapped down Thursday & Friday (except Japan gapped up Friday). Those three should gap down Monday. The sell off should continue. US should gap down Monday. Image
I went to 50% cash in my Thai brokerage account Wednesday night. The SET Index chart is ready to go parabolic and we were a couple of percentage points from last year's high.
gappy

Post by gappy »

Crack Spread speeding up as demand softens? I vote the trend up remains until the Israeli's act. We Texans like conspiracy theorys.
‘the petrodollar is our currency and our problem’....Gappy
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

SB73 wrote:
I thought you were calling for a gap up? I honestly have no clue on the gaps, but I would guess small gap up followed by selling then back to test the potential top on Tues / Wed
If we finished at the lows, I was expecting a gap up. The SPY finished at the highs. IWM finished near the lows. So, that combination was not good. I added to my long exposure with XME, but thank goodness it was only 100 shares.

I'm at 29% cash. My longs are not-so-high beta, low beta, or underbought high beta. I could sell any of my longs. I'm in a bearish posture.
Twitter @jackwag0n
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

Well there goes my gap down prediction. Nasdaq futures are +8.75 before the Nikkei open.
Twitter @jackwag0n