Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

02/25/2011 Intraday Watering

Me XMan

Re: 02/25/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by Me XMan »

Market jumping on hope of QE3 and not sentiment number. GDP less than expected.
Only Fed can hold this market up.
Cobra
Site Admin

Re: Re 02/25/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by Cobra »

nelsonbelchior wrote:Cobra, Do you think monday will be a negative day after a big rebound that we are seeing?
Let's see how market closes today first. Right now, all I have is that seasonality chart so Monday suppose to be negative.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
nerobeelolo

Post by nerobeelolo »

now the MACD is lower than zero in 60min SPY so it‘s hard to cross the MA50?i want short in this position
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

This time around BULLS can not allow to trade below the Blue line in a day or two.
Attachments
Spy.JPG
Spy.JPG (37.94 KiB) Viewed 13394 times
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
wxtrader001

Post by wxtrader001 »

Cobra wrote:
greenback wrote:So it hasn't reached your $200 max loss limit ...
Trying new strategy. I'm not worried anyway because you cannot imagine on a strong breakout today, I didn't long. Actually, I longed yesterday as it's not in the model, so I didn't say anything. Too, you cannot imagine that I kept saying the bottom might be in while I still don't go long, right? :roll:
:lol: A smart cobra!
99er

Post by 99er »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Guys, I think Dow Trader yesterday's comment at my blog wroths some attention here as we don't understand much what's going on in mid east. Dow Trader was from there so he knows a lot:

Oil is near $100 not just for Libya, as I mentioned in Monday here that I was long oil and short Dow at the week open overnight when Asian market opened. what is happening in middle east is not been covered in details in majore news channels or websites. I said here that I wil add more long positions in oil in any pullback and I did in Wednsday. WHY?
because Aljeria and Bahrain are in BOILING POINT here, if government didn't reach agreement with people then oil can easly breaks all time high in less than a month and S&P can easly test 2010 high (1210). And market could go to "out of control price".. remeber and a reminder : Dow was near the high and oil was in 80's when Gadaffi's son start to explain what he will do in future and market responded. there are another reasone for oil and gold rally and equity decline but if I want to explain it I will type more than this :)
but let me sumerize it: what happened this week is not effecting US directly, it is because will effect Europ very bad. Oil was up not because speculation only but because the supply already been reduced (Lybia's oil is one of the finest in the world - Bahrain will bring problem to Saudi Arabia - Aljeria is major supplier) and that is a fact and supply could be reduced more if Aljeria or bahrain uprest increaced and that could signal a civil war (as Gadaffi is doing now) which will push gold up more. another point, and that is look what heppen to equity whenever oil go above 90 ? they can't build an uptrend or at least any uptrend cannot be sustain in equity when oil at or above 90's.
(by the way, I closed my Dow shorts and Oil long because I am a trader at the end). Finally, I could be wrong who knows.

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

ok, my little evil plan almost goes as planed, let's see how this pullback goes. Usually on a strong uptrend day, the very fisrt time testing EMA20 is a buy, let's wait for the so called H2 here.
Attachments
SPY5min.png

99er

Post by 99er »

zombiebraingoo

Post by zombiebraingoo »

this rut chart will save your life if you have a short streak in ya...I believe the pullback is over and that the "doom" is again postponed (proabably until june). That rhymes!

short term close above 1318-1320 will confirm we are still in uptrend.

the spx will trade around it's 07 highs before year end...

suggest aggressive traders consider buying slw here
Attachments
spx60.png
slw.PNG
dow.png
rut.png
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

A consolidation around Fib 50 area is not bad for bulls, even if we do pullback here, a strong up since yesterday won't make a sudden turn, so got to be another leg up as illustrated below.
Attachments
SPY60min.png

maldini

Post by maldini »

Cobra wrote:A consolidation around Fib 50 area is not bad for bulls, even if we do pullback here, a strong up since yesterday won't make a sudden turn, so got to be another leg up as illustrated below.
so it is a black bear bar today?
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Too bad, no H2 long. And this is why it's important to wait for a H2, otherwise you'll be trapped. Follow, remember, not to front run...
Attachments
SPY5min.png

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

maldini wrote:
Cobra wrote:A consolidation around Fib 50 area is not bad for bulls, even if we do pullback here, a strong up since yesterday won't make a sudden turn, so got to be another leg up as illustrated below.
so it is a black bear bar today?
You only know when it closes.

zebra

Post by zebra »

Cobra wrote:Too bad, no H2 long. And this is why it's important to wait for a H2, otherwise you'll be trapped. Follow, remember, not to front run...
sorry.. what is H2 long? Thanks..
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

zebra wrote:
Cobra wrote:Too bad, no H2 long. And this is why it's important to wait for a H2, otherwise you'll be trapped. Follow, remember, not to front run...
sorry.. what is H2 long? Thanks..
Go to "Getting Start", you'll find something there. You're not day trader, so doesn't matter anyway.

Dow Trader

Post by Dow Trader »

Copra, the last 2 red candle in 15 minutes started when Gadaffi started his speach again half hour ago and he still talking so far
99er

Post by 99er »

(Reuters) - Saudi Arabia has raised oil output about 8 percent to above 9 million barrels per day (bpd) to make up for a near halt in Libyan exports, an industry source said, helping prices fall further from the highest since 2008.
zombiebraingoo

Post by zombiebraingoo »

spx rsi stoc's are confirming pullback is over for now. short is probably suicide unless you are really good at stop management... :!: :shock: :?
Attachments
spx.png
uempel

Post by uempel »

1305Support.png
I was looking for support and resistance levels on the daily when I discoverd this - a very bullish view of last week's correction. Should this interpretation be correct it's essential that SPX closes above the lower black support line these next days.