Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

01/12/2013 Weekend Update

Al_Dente

Re: 01/12/2013 Weekend Update

Post by Al_Dente »

“Meg Whitman made $15.4 million in fiscal 2012… Whitman's base salary was just $1. Her bonus was $1.7 million, while the remainder of her compensation was granted in the form of Hewlett-Packard stock options, stock awards and other income…”

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/ ... ss+News%29
112wkndhpq.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Out of Bounds

Post by Out of Bounds »

Al_Dente wrote:“Meg Whitman made $15.4 million in fiscal 2012… Whitman's base salary was just $1. Her bonus was $1.7 million, while the remainder of her compensation was granted in the form of Hewlett-Packard stock options, stock awards and other income…”

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/ ... ss+News%29
112wkndhpq.png
Al, why aren't you drunk watching football like the rest of us?
Royal Flush

Post by Royal Flush »

Hurst Cycles Outlook - 'The Persistent Bull' – 12 January 2013

http://sentienttrader.com/hurst-trading ... uary-2013/
Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

The 1967 fractal peak has arrived.
This analog tracked well all last year.

This is radar for me. I need indicators to actually trade.
My indicators are presently bullish. It will be interesting to see if they turn in the days ahead.
1967 Update.jpg
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Out of Bounds wrote: Al, why aren't you drunk watching football like the rest of us?
:lol: :lol:
Flu
muy malo
oy
:o :o
:cry:

[edit ps: AZ]
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Harapa

Is low VIX bad for long side of equities?

Post by Harapa »

Is low VIX bad for long side of equities?
VIX is at multi year low (purple line, bottom panel), however, VIX had been even at lower levels than this in the past 10 years. Questions is what happened to equities when VIX was this low or even lower than this? Actually SPY continue to rise. During that time use of some momentum measure (such as MACD shown here) instead of watching the absolute levels would have allowed you to take advantage of rising SPY prices. At the moment this setup favors equities but I will be watching this setup in days and weeks to come.
Note: An unmasked version of this chart is posted in the subscribers area.
Attachments
low vix and spy.gif
Above is provided for informational purposes only and shouldn't be considered an investment advice or recommendation to buy or sell anything.
giggleeyes

Post by giggleeyes »

Cobra wrote:Since a few members are asking for what the optimized Non-Stop looks like, and here's the quick peek. It need some logic to filter out whipsaws, so it's no longer a simple crossover anymore, I have to use program to generate signals and only report whenever signal changes.
Thanks for doing all the hard work. So there is no place for members to see the chart like we can do now in Chartlist?
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

While everyone is rooting for Great Seattle Seahawks to super bowl, it's not a bad idea to keep 146.61 level on SPY in mind. GO Seattle!
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Royal Flush

Post by Royal Flush »

Cobra wrote:Since a few members are asking for what the optimized Non-Stop looks like, and here's the quick peek. It need some logic to filter out whipsaws, so it's no longer a simple crossover anymore, I have to use program to generate signals and only report whenever signal changes.
Very cool Cobra, looking forward to your backtested results. ;)
BTW, The ES range chart clearly shows a Gartley Butterfly Pattern with a final 0.618 retracement. This sell formation is normally resolved to the downside. Any comments?
bhowlES_03-13_(8_RangeNoGap)__1_11_2013.jpg
Harapa

Post by Harapa »

One for the bears:
Rydex Ratio Implies Price Top Near
Bull Bear Ratio.png
http://blogs.decisionpoint.com/chart_sp ... .html#more
Above is provided for informational purposes only and shouldn't be considered an investment advice or recommendation to buy or sell anything.
wayne0708

Post by wayne0708 »

Does anyone see a topping process yet? Not me, because I am still in search for one.
During previous negative divergences, price went into distribution phase. Then, a major pull back occurred. Keep in mind that price could go higher in distribution phase.
Attachments
SPX 0111.png
Royal Flush

Post by Royal Flush »

wayne0708 wrote:Does anyone see a topping process yet? Not me, because I am still in search for one.
During previous negative divergences, price went into distribution phase. Then, a major pull back occurred. Keep in mind that price could go higher in distribution phase.
Like your "Wayne McClellanSI Histogram", quite a novel creation,congrats :idea:
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

giggleeyes wrote:
Thanks for doing all the hard work. So there is no place for members to see the chart like we can do now in Chartlist?
You will see chart whenever signals are about to trigger. Now it even has a warning signal before the formal signal, so you have plenty of chances to see the chart.

Someone does suggest I post all members only charts somewhere everyday, which I think is a good idea, just it seems no easy way to share yet, so I need find a way first. Cannot be public chart list of course. Cannot be permanent link too as some members may quit later but still able to access the permanent link, so need find a good way to share.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
TWT

Post by TWT »

$ES_F (ES Globex) : The Ending Diagonal wave (c)
Attachments
es 60 min.png
TWT

Post by TWT »

$UGL: Long Setup
Attachments
UGL DAILY.png
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

BullBear52x wrote:
KeiZai wrote:CRB ready for take off? imo yes
crb01.png
september´s chart, this structure is likely done, if so fasten your seatbelts :twisted:
CRB-sept.png
To da moon....USO is stuck at 50% and $CRB/CCI is short term bottoming? I hope you are right on $CRB, great charts boss. I am looking at your lady, stubborn like hell, will post something on her soon.
Thanks BB, I hope too, will track dollar closely in coming days but I think explosion in comm. should happen soon
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)