Post by johnnywa »

Back up to $17
knock

Re: 01/19/2013 Weekend Update

Post by knock »

StudentBill, check your PM please.
StudentBill wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:
KeiZai wrote:My primary target in russell has been reached...closed all long positions here, opened new ones...if u know what I mean
IWM.png
Everyone see bond market as bearish, not me...might around 168 I will
US01.png
If anyone is trading RIMM here, this is what I see

-made one change there, with big gap down cycle has ended, nevertheless chart was on the money : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=769&p=110295#p110295
Rimm01.png
this is very likely exhaustion gap
Rimm02.png
BB I think I will regret I didn´t go short XIV, friday´s move was more like throw over what is very often in ending patterns (for example in ending diagonals) might you know my MT target is 21.90 that´s f* close....and thanks for charts at the end of the day, like them...have a nice weekend guys
Thanks, regret that you are missing the train? it wouldn't surprise me at all that it will hit your target :lol: some times the best looking entry turns out to be the most unprofitable one. I don't know what to talk bout this week, seems like we cover all possible corner of the market already short or long term. anyone want second opinion on anything? I'll check back in tomorrow.

Thanks and good luck to everyone.
I was screwing around with some ratio charts and discovered that the ratio of the Canadian dollar to the VXV is very highly correlated to XIV.
xivcdwvxv.png
I started thinking about what McClellan did with the Euro Dollar COT report vs. the SP500 and I tried a similar chart with XIV and the Canadian Dollar COT data time shifted a few months. It's not nearly as nice as the $CDW:VXV but it's interesting I think. According to that chart XIV will top out Last week of Jan. or first week of Feb.
cadcotxiv.gif
I have some idea of what to do next but I think this is an interesting start.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Al_Dente wrote:This colorful $VIX chart was inspired by David Larew.
I tweaked it a bit. His key would be to long SPY when u see green; short SPY when u see red.

ps: you can inaugurate The Cobra today right here: https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859
thanks you. :mrgreen:

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

KeiZai wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:INTC, is bullish and at the last buy for long term swing, ready for long entry any time soon. as of now wait for good entry using short term swing for this one will be my plan.look at RIMM, (KeiZai nailed this one every pennies) I can see the buyers for INTC, using RIMM as analog this is for long term swing set up.
5.JPG
6.JPG
Have tried to take a look on the intel, you chose very difficult stock from EW perspective :roll: What I don´t like here is that she is in the middle of the turn
:D Tough one eh? Thanks for taking your time looking into it. it's do or die spot for INTC :)
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Jack12

Post by Jack12 »

KeiZai wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:The net is buzzing about the YEN's “impending” demise.
According to my 6 year WEEKLY chart, it has been in free-fall for the last 10 weeks, and is now about as oversold as it has ever been in its history.
I don’t really understand what this means.
Perhaps a smart “currency person” could enlighten us as to the ramifications this may/may-not have on our domestic equity markets.
120yen.png
I am not a smart currency person :D but on friday there were signs of capitulation so rebound is due soon. What can weak yen mean? I guess weakness in yen indicates late stage of the structural bear equity market...

"A falling yen can be interpreted in two ways: a) Flight to safety trades are going out of the market and, b) The yen is starting to be used as a funding currency. The yen exhibited strength the whole of 2011 as the markets worried about the collapse of the euro and about the debt issues in the US."

read more here: http://www.firstpost.com/investing/a-we ... 19969.html
IMO because Japan has an export driven economy all Jap will be more expensive there lower exports therefore lower GDP etc etc a humongous deflationary environment for them. For the world Jap goods will become more expensive due to higher prices thus creating inflation that the west sees as good for an economy. Balance of payments will rise therefore the deficet will grow and due to higher prices therefore GDP will fall and the fiscal cliff gets bigger
http://jaxdax.blogspot.com/
You must be in it to win it.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

A Look at XLF, I think financial sector will play as a leading roll on this hill top. see MACD histro here almost cross negative, if it did turn negative in coming week it will invite more shorts to look into or stop on the long side to be tighten. I am looking at 78% or 61% area (on chart I got fib upside down because stockcharts has no 78% in default or I don't know how to get it to show), the strength of a rebound from those areas will determine the move forward. or we will just zig zagging on top green box there for a while?
Attachments
1.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
uempel

Post by uempel »

Al_Dente wrote:
uempel wrote:First chart: stepping back and looking at the run from March 2009:
Second chart: close look at the importance of support at 1472/74:
Thanks Boss :mrgreen:
Please see cobra’s weekend “market outlook” comments section, for a special request from moi.
Happy MLK day
:D
AL_Dente.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

uempel wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
Please see cobra’s weekend “market outlook” comments section, for a special request from moi.
Happy MLK day
AL_Dente.png
Thanks boss, I really appreciate that :mrgreen:
Dang, I was kind of hoping for a surprise :idea:

HOWEVER PLEASE NOTE: on yr chart I count six instances where your dotted-vertical-red line was immediately followed by a pullback
…. and I count four instances where your dotted-vertical-red line was followed by a rally…….so really….seriously…….it could go either way….(bias bull).
Stay flexible, as always... 8-)
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
L_T

Post by L_T »

I tweaked it a bit. His key would be to long SPY when u see green; short SPY when u see red.

ps: you can inaugurate The Cobra today right here: https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859
Can that be reproduced on Freestockcharts.com?
uempel

Post by uempel »

Al_Dente wrote:
uempel wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
Happy MLK day
AL_Dente.png
Thanks boss, I really appreciate that :mrgreen:
Dang, I was kind of hoping for a surprise :idea:

HOWEVER PLEASE NOTE: on yr chart I count six instances where your dotted-vertical-red line was immediately followed by a pullback
…. and I count four instances where your dotted-vertical-red line was followed by a rally…….so really….seriously…….it could go either way….(bias bull).
Stay flexible, as always... 8-)
I spoke to a elderly Lady today, she used to work for Lehman Brothers. I know her since 19... and she sure is smart. She was quite surprised that I was bullishly biased for Tuesday, said that her circle of friends/traders were reducing equities last week :shock: She's no day-trader and she doesn't short, but her short term bearishness was unexpected.
Last edited by uempel on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

here's the final what Canadians see where the SPX would be tomorrow morning (as again, TSX has an ETF trading on SPX, so it's trading today while the real SPX is closed), a gap up open, I guess?
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

L_T wrote:
Can that be reproduced on Freestockcharts.com?
It is just color-blocked using the “area” fill-in feature on stockcharts.com
You should be able to reconstruct it and fill-it-in with color on freestockcharts

Here’s a faded example of a single color filled-in…I have the 50ma colored light-red here:

First create an additional 50ma
Then > 50ma > edit > plot style: “area” > color: red
Then make it darker using >area fill opacity or >plot opacity

Then create another two MAs for the opposing color (one will be “line” style and the second will be “area” style), and follow the steps above for the new MAs and choose another color.

ps THANKS jack12 for yen
121area.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
PanamaJack

Post by PanamaJack »

** Very important -- be sure and vote for the snake!! **
Everyone enjoy the holiday!
8-)
PanamaJack
uempel

Post by uempel »

Monday 6:10 p.m. - E-Mini is trading at 1482.50 :D
Royal Flush

Post by Royal Flush »

Cobra wrote:Here's how Canadian forecast SPX tomorrow as TSX is open today and it has an ETF trading SPX. It was very good until now, something happened. :shock:
1.png
Bigger picture.
2.png
Hi Cobra, XSP.TO tracks ES while it was trading. ES closed at 11:30 EST, like you, I have no idea what caused the subsequent retracement in XSP.
Given the ES is currently trading wouldn't it be a better leading indicator than XSP.TO :?:
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

Al_Dente wrote:The net is buzzing about the YEN's “impending” demise.
According to my 6 year WEEKLY chart, it has been in free-fall for the last 10 weeks, and is now about as oversold as it has ever been in its history.
I don’t really understand what this means.
Perhaps a smart “currency person” could enlighten us as to the ramifications this may/may-not have on our domestic equity markets.
120yen.png
Kyle Bass on Japan....

Bass said that the central bank's 2 percent inflation target will help to accelerate the country's fiscal explosion as a rise in interest rates will make Japan's situation untenable. He added that 99 percent of people get crises wrong, and that it is difficult to predict the end of a debt supercycle but that when it happens in Japan, it will all turn at once.

According to Bass, the yen will be "strongest right before the crisis" and interest rates could be at their lowest rate.

The situation will begin to deteriorate rapidly once a preponderance of people realize that Japan's fiscal circumstances are untenable. Bass told Faber that Japan spends 25 percent of its revenue on interest and 50 percent on debt service.

He argued that a 2 percent move in interest rates would cause the government's finances to detonate. He noted that the Japanese have been buying up Western assets, Softbank's purchase of Sprint (NYSE: S [FREE Stock Trend Analysis]) for example, and that this makes a lot of sense if the yen is on a course to collapse.

Read more: http://www.benzinga.com/markets/bonds/1 ... z2Ig1GZP7u