Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

03/21/2013 Live Update

jarbo456

Re: 03/21/2013 Live Update

Post by jarbo456 »

Very nice pop in ISIS today.

Position was triggered yesterday, and you should've stayed in even though it looked like it might be a false breakout.

Thanks Cobra!
tomsky

Post by tomsky »

L_T wrote:
Cobra wrote:
L_T wrote:
You mean the public chart list at stockcharts.com? How does that help?
I think he mean to refresh the forum.
Oh I did that yesterday. It's nice to have it auto-refresh. :D
Autorefreshing it's for stockcharts, to keep Cobra in top. The Top Public ChartLists is calculated based on followers (stockcharts members following a particular public chartbook) and votes (nonmembers refreshing a chartbook). As cobras is not no 1 (although we know the opposite), it's the best we can do (those of us who are not members of stockcharts), to keep refreshing his charts to reclaim his spot.
Last edited by tomsky on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The hardest thing to see is what is in front of your eyes.
Trading is the most dangerous human endeavor, short of war.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
stlwater

Post by stlwater »

jarbo456 wrote:Very nice pop in ISIS today.

Position was triggered yesterday, and you should've stayed in even though it looked like it might be a false breakout.

Thanks Cobra!

ORLY? Why? Based on what cobra said yesterday, falling back within range and closing nowhere near highs? When it works it's GREAT, but I point you to DK.. would you have stayed in?
Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

Long.

My composite trend signal is up.
My summation index signal flips to down if Wednesday's low is broken.

I am planning to do nothing.
However, if Wednesday's low is broken, I may take defensive measures.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Thanks Cobra!
Oh, yeah. the risker the more profit. In ISIS case, I'd keep just a little to ride the trend yesterday, so may still get something. But overall, maybe you're right, hold is a better solution.

stlwater

Post by stlwater »

stlwater wrote:

Thanks Cobra!

ORLY? Why? Based on what cobra said yesterday, falling back within range and closing nowhere near highs? When it works it's GREAT, but I point you to DK.. would you have stayed in?
In fact, arguably DK looked like an even stronger candidate on the 11th..
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

what happened after hourly morning hollow red bar. $SPY
https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/ ... /296353091;

L_T

Post by L_T »

Cobra wrote:what happened after hourly morning hollow red bar. $SPY
Looks like mixed results to me (looking at the entire rest of the day not just the close).
Richarab

Post by Richarab »

Cobra wrote:what happened after hourly morning hollow red bar. $SPY
that's hot...
Mr. T

Post by Mr. T »

"We're never going down aga......." What?!?!?!?

This can't be happening!?!!?

LOL
-T

"Treat Your Mother Right!!!!"
taggard

Post by taggard »

man. . .coffee already.

lets see we had bad cat and fed ex earnings indicating overall bad global econ and likely sort of lame earnings coming while priced to perfection. we had this despite the fed bond buying (oh wait that is usa only right?) now we have ECB saying no more money as of monday unless you dudes can cut a deal by (1) raiding the pension funds. (2) getting the local chruch to hock it's properties (still very impressed by this) to create bonds and then buy part of the bonds back. (3) the russian mob "influencing" russian goverment to show mercy (??!!) and (4) back to the well only 2-5% ripped from bank deposits.

so in theory cyprus has to go one way or the other by monday--if they make it--it proves everything is totally great. if they fail the euro dudes and usa "balance" the markets.

so does nothing count except the end of the quarter and retirement money--after a few fraidy-cats bail? or does something finally make a difference.
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

stlwater wrote:
stlwater wrote:

Thanks Cobra!

DK was a loss. I was entered into DK at 11 on 3/11, and stopped out at 11 on 3/12 for a loss of 3.82%.

There's nothing subjective to this, when the trigger price is hit, I'm entered. I then place a stop loss value that I determine (Cobra's strategy is to put in a stop loss just below the bottom of the breakout range - which is totally valid, but I prefer a tighter stop).

ISIS was triggered yesterday, but fell back into the range. I don't tweak the trade though, once the price has been triggered, I'm in it until it hits my stop, or hits a version of my target price. I've taken half of ISIS off up 9%.

Even if we have 2-3 DK-like trades, I should still be even or a little up because hopefully I get 1 ISIS-like trade. That's why the risk/reward ratio in my opinion is an important factor in this breakout strategy.

Two weeks ago I was triggered into 8 of 9 picks. Of the 8 I was triggered into, 2 were stopped out at a loss of 1.2 and 2.63% respectively. I also had to reenter one after being stopped out of the initial trigger.

I progressively closed out portions and then all of the positions from week 1, so my returns are as follows:

AC.B (Air Canada) - +9.27%
ARMH - (1.2%)
CYH - +5.05%
HRB - net 9.67% after a (1.47) stop loss initially
KKD - +7.46%
NXPI - DID NOT TRIGGER
PSX - (2.63%) - sucks because this thing was up, and then hit my stop loss, and then is back up
SNTS - +20.65%
SVU - +12.24%
Unique

Post by Unique »

L_T wrote:Where is Unique with APPL analysis? Looks like it wants to turn up on the hourly time frame.
Busy trading today, didn't get a chance to post during PM. You can check blog if I don't have time to post here.

Here's AAPL, ES + GS Update
Attachments
aapl_march20review.PNG
aapl_march20review2.PNG
aapl_march20review3.PNG
es_march20review.PNG
gs_march20review.PNG
Last edited by Unique on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Restarted the AAPL blog into E-mini S&P 500 Trading Blog , see here: http://aapltechnicals.blogspot.ca/
gappy

Post by gappy »

jarbo456 wrote:
stlwater wrote:
stlwater wrote:

Thanks Cobra!

DK was a loss. I was entered into DK at 11 on 3/11, and stopped out at 11 on 3/12 for a loss of 3.82%.

There's nothing subjective to this, when the trigger price is hit, I'm entered. I then place a stop loss value that I determine (Cobra's strategy is to put in a stop loss just below the bottom of the breakout range - which is totally valid, but I prefer a tighter stop).

ISIS was triggered yesterday, but fell back into the range. I don't tweak the trade though, once the price has been triggered, I'm in it until it hits my stop, or hits a version of my target price. I've taken half of ISIS off up 9%.

Even if we have 2-3 DK-like trades, I should still be even or a little up because hopefully I get 1 ISIS-like trade. That's why the risk/reward ratio in my opinion is an important factor in this breakout strategy.

Two weeks ago I was triggered into 8 of 9 picks. Of the 8 I was triggered into, 2 were stopped out at a loss of 1.2 and 2.63% respectively. I also had to reenter one after being stopped out of the initial trigger.

I progressively closed out portions and then all of the positions from week 1, so my returns are as follows:

ARMH - (1.2%)
CYH - +5.05%
KKD - +7.46%
NXPI - DID NOT TRIGGER
PSX - (2.63%) - sucks because this thing was up, and then hit my stop loss, and then is back up
SNTS - +20.65%
SVU - +12.24%
:shock: Wow! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plqqUqW7qso
‘the petrodollar is our currency and our problem’....Gappy
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

jarbo456 wrote:
stlwater wrote:
stlwater wrote:

Thanks Cobra!

ARMH - (1.2%)
CYH - +5.05%
KKD - +7.46%
NXPI - DID NOT TRIGGER
SNTS - +20.65%
SVU - +12.24%

Thank you. I offer people free money, but not many people seem to care. :mrgreen: It requires a little skill to trade of course. The broad market is bull friendly too.

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

daily chart
Pink line is 5ema for demarcation of very short term trend (above ma = long; below ma = short)
Some use 3ema, some 5sma
Whatever u use, notice this is only the second time (?) since last June’s low that spy couldn’t hold a trend for more than one day (see blue boxes)
Maybe something …. not sure…..very jumpy mkt… today’s close is quite important?
321ema trend_png.png
Last edited by Al_Dente on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

no sharp rebound simply consolidate here then it's bear otherwise bears are over again. so wait.
Attachments
1.png

Tabby

Post by Tabby »

Daily EOD R2k Macd histo closed 0.879 yesterday and today is sitting at 0.310. It's getting closer day by day to Zero line.