If SPX down 20 pts,

then XIV $29 or lower.
UVXY $80 or higher.
silicon_beaver

Re: 03/01/2014 Weekend Update

Post by silicon_beaver »

That's over 200 pts movement.

Thanks Xian.
Xian wrote:Hi everyone, Thought I'd interrupt your regularly scheduled programing of excellent charts and analysis to bring you something completely worthless.

Here's a brief timeline of events last time Russia decided part of someone else's country was actually theirs.

Of course there was something else preoccupying the world in '08. Can't put my finger on it. Have it written down somewhere.....
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

uempel wrote:KeiZai

There are nation states and there are states: Germany, France or Sweden are nation states - but Switzerland, the UK (and Russia too) are definitely states incorporating several nationalities. I don't know very much about Ukraine history, but when a state consists of people with different nationalities - this does not give any foreign power any right to annex some part of it...

I mean this kind of argumentation was part of the Nazi rational and pretense which led to the Second World War. Referendum and stuff like that with a propaganda machine in full blast.

I don't know if you can read German, but Hagen Schulze wrote a book on this subject: Staat und Nation in der Europäischen Geschichte - it fits the topic perfectly.

Interesting too that Russia is on a nationalistic tour de force in the West and seems to forget that Russia itself is not "one nation". There are bits and pieces in the south and east which might want to break away ...

As to that Ukranian Nazi-friend: in every country which is invaded there is always a Quisling. In the UK it would have been Oswald Mosley, in the US it is rumored that old Joe F. Kennedy might have been a Nazi pro-consul. Both Mosley and Kennedy would have definitely had a large part of the population on their side: in 1939/1940 most people were sick of the First World War and were happy to appease the Nazis in order to avoid bloodshed. In 1939 my (English) relatives considered Churchill a warmonger :shock: :shock: :shock:

Don't want to talk politics as it is always polarization theme. I have no bias (geopolitics is a dirty game - on both sides no one is good or bad in this game) what I posted is nothing just history (WWII) and how the things are. I like to read history, geopolitics etc books so I think I will like that book. Agree with the annex, Crimea is an autonomous republic though and if they decide to be part of Russia again (or own state) let it be. I see nothing wrong in referendum. Markets looks interesting very volatile week is ahead could be good at least for trading.
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
fehro

Post by fehro »

Here's What Is Going To Happen With Ukraine http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2 ... ut-ukraine fwiw.
koolblue

Post by koolblue »

Numbers to keep an eye on early into the open... 8-)
Attachments
ES 03-14 (30 Min)  3_3_2014.jpg