gappy wrote:
FlowerGirl wrote:Please..
lll.png
lll.png
Cat is stretched again.
Capture.PNG
Thanks.
Interesting.
I am tempting to hold because of its triple top breakout (BTW this wil produce a triple BO in P&F chart- a bullish signal).
Just set the stop at 107.
Tight stop is always prudent. I hold Tex from 17. These rig makers depend on the EEM cap ex. If the Ruskies/China scramble for commodities, well, there's the upside.
‘the petrodollar is our currency and our problem’....Gappy
FlowerGirl

Re: 06/06/2014 Live Update

Post by FlowerGirl »

Mr. BachNut wrote:P.S. If Tradergirl has figured out how to trade P Bars profitably, hats off to her. I hope she is making a ton of money! :D
This is an illusion that, unfortunately, attracts many to this activity. We all forget that in trading you make money at the expense of someone loosing it;and there is just a finite amount of money that can be lost. Thus, your success is capped by how much other party(ies) are willing/able to loose. This is more true in day trading than is for long term investments (as there growth in underlying assets has long term inflationary effect.)
Good luck to all...
Last edited by FlowerGirl on Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L_T

Post by L_T »

Mr. BachNut wrote:
L_T wrote:
Mr. BachNut wrote:Partial Long R2K. Tight profit stop.
Do you happen to have a smallies chart you wouldn't mind sharing?
My summation signal is up for the R2K. So, I had an open to buy.
It is up for the S&P too, but the R2K has the benefit of having corrected.
So, I am guessing for some kind of move to test the old high.

I have attached my R2K summation chart, but it may not be of general use as the indicator math is mine.
The setup has a 62% win rate, and an average gain to pain of 3+ to 1.
For fun, you can see where the algos picked off my stop on March 21st (red diamond). Who said trading was easy... that was a bummer.
This time, I waited for the pull back. ;)
Intraday yesterday, I used a MACD on the Tick combined with a 3 minute indicator chart to trigger entry.
R2K Summation.jpg
Good stuff thanks. I always like to see the method to the madness. :)
TraderGirl

Re: A Rebuttal…

Post by TraderGirl »

FlowerGirl wrote:Yesterday’s postings by some reminded me of movie “Margin Call”. In this movie many “smart people” had difficulty delivering a sentence without F*** word. (I saw the same here on this board). Other thing that struck me was that not even a signal character in the movie had a significant other. Are these prerequisites or consequences of being in this line of work to make living?… I continue to wonder!
(If you haven’t watched the movie I suggest you do this as it may help you.)

My analysis is presented “as is”. If you find it useful-good, else don’t bother with it. These posts are not intended to prove that I am smarter than you but your comments suggest they appear so. Are you disturbed by their accuracy or it is just the envy…?

You may be disturbed by the tile of these posts-“Kid’s Play”, my response to Uempel and his validation should help you calm down.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1322&start=140#p164032
Nobody is taunting at you and no one is declaring trading is kid’s play. Trading is a hard endeavor; very few survive over the long time. There are lots of bold traders and there are lots of old traders but there are very few bold and old traders.

Don’t try to be a lone ranger; you will be depriving access to those who may find this information useful.

I respond to any reasonable question and ignore what I consider useless rants (which I find distasteful).

If you’re disturbed by my presentations make use of ignore button to have peace…I do the same whenever demanded.

Thank you to those who had kind words (posted here and via PMs) for my work. For all others, here is a proverb,
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink …

Happy trading,

FG
Educated people settle their differences in a civil manner, not by yelling, cursing, and name calling;this is how less educated people make their point
Flowergirl….or guy….

I think your comments here are very rude and condescending, and distasteful as you say…and I don’t appreciate them. Cobra should consider banning you from the site, as you have an arrogant attitude and you are putting other people down who not only don’t deserve it, but they have been here a lot longer than you.

You say “In this movie many ‘smart people’ had difficulty delivering a sentence without the f*** word. (I saw the same here on this board)” With this statement you are basically implying that people on this board are not ‘smart’ enough to form a sentence without using profanities….that is rude and condescending.

You then say “These posts are not intended to prove that I am smarter than you but your comments suggest they appear so.” So you are basically implying you are smarter than everyone here on this board… are you kidding me?? Again, rude and condescending.

Then you say “Are you disturbed by their accuracy or it is just the envy?” First of all there is a grammatical error in your sentence, second of all you are again implying we are all envious of your superiority. Again, this is rude and condescending.

You have a great ability to post declarations of direction “after the fact”, but rarely before the action. If you declare the market is going to go up, then you have an excellent chance of that happening, since the market has been up for 5 years. But what happens in a pullback? You disappear….Why is that?? I’m not really looking for you to answer, because I know the answer.

In any case, I am disappointed in the posters on this site who have supported this type of rude and condescending behavior. It’s really obscene. And if it continues, I will suggest Cobra ban you from posting on this site. There is no need for this type of behavior. If you are going to post your comments, be respectful of the other people who are on the site.
gappy

Post by gappy »

KeiZai wrote:Hello everyone :) Anyone know what is with the BB52? Hope he's alright

Two charts I am watching atm

SPX
spx+-66.png
DAX
daxy.png
KeiZai! Glad to see you are still....
Capture.PNG
Crazy times there across the pond. :? GLTY.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

KeiZai wrote:Hello everyone :) Anyone know what is with the BB52? Hope he's alright...
hi boss
long time no c
he hasn’t updated his blog since the 28th :?: :?: :cry:
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

VIX
medium term: long spy since 17 april and long XIV since 16 april
Benchmark low was last year: 14 Mar 2013 @ 11.05
Todays low: 11.15 [edit: 11.13]
Someone mentioned VIX touching the lower BB; these are default BBs here (20/2) and I don’t see it
66vix.png
Last edited by Al_Dente on Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
L_T

Post by L_T »

Lets talk VIX. So at this level there is a 100% chance it will be higher than this at some point in the future. :idea: The problem is no one can say WHEN it will go up. Thoughts?
Attachments
ScreenShot134.jpg
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

spy
spy
ALdaytrade

Re: A Rebuttal…

Post by ALdaytrade »

TraderGirl wrote:
FlowerGirl wrote:Yesterday’s postings by some reminded me of movie “Margin Call”. In this movie many “smart people” had difficulty delivering a sentence without F*** word. (I saw the same here on this board). Other thing that struck me was that not even a signal character in the movie had a significant other. Are these prerequisites or consequences of being in this line of work to make living?… I continue to wonder!
(If you haven’t watched the movie I suggest you do this as it may help you.)

My analysis is presented “as is”. If you find it useful-good, else don’t bother with it. These posts are not intended to prove that I am smarter than you but your comments suggest they appear so. Are you disturbed by their accuracy or it is just the envy…?

You may be disturbed by the tile of these posts-“Kid’s Play”, my response to Uempel and his validation should help you calm down.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1322&start=140#p164032
Nobody is taunting at you and no one is declaring trading is kid’s play. Trading is a hard endeavor; very few survive over the long time. There are lots of bold traders and there are lots of old traders but there are very few bold and old traders.

Don’t try to be a lone ranger; you will be depriving access to those who may find this information useful.

I respond to any reasonable question and ignore what I consider useless rants (which I find distasteful).

If you’re disturbed by my presentations make use of ignore button to have peace…I do the same whenever demanded.

Thank you to those who had kind words (posted here and via PMs) for my work. For all others, here is a proverb,
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink …

Happy trading,

FG
Educated people settle their differences in a civil manner, not by yelling, cursing, and name calling;this is how less educated people make their point
Flowergirl….or guy….

I think your comments here are very rude and condescending, and distasteful as you say…and I don’t appreciate them. Cobra should consider banning you from the site, as you have an arrogant attitude and you are putting other people down who not only don’t deserve it, but they have been here a lot longer than you.

You say “In this movie many ‘smart people’ had difficulty delivering a sentence without the f*** word. (I saw the same here on this board)” With this statement you are basically implying that people on this board are not ‘smart’ enough to form a sentence without using profanities….that is rude and condescending.

You then say “These posts are not intended to prove that I am smarter than you but your comments suggest they appear so.” So you are basically implying you are smarter than everyone here on this board… are you kidding me?? Again, rude and condescending.

Then you say “Are you disturbed by their accuracy or it is just the envy?” First of all there is a grammatical error in your sentence, second of all you are again implying we are all envious of your superiority. Again, this is rude and condescending.

You have a great ability to post declarations of direction “after the fact”, but rarely before the action. If you declare the market is going to go up, then you have an excellent chance of that happening, since the market has been up for 5 years. But what happens in a pullback? You disappear….Why is that?? I’m not really looking for you to answer, because I know the answer.

In any case, I am disappointed in the posters on this site who have supported this type of rude and condescending behavior. It’s really obscene. And if it continues, I will suggest Cobra ban you from posting on this site. There is no need for this type of behavior. If you are going to post your comments, be respectful of the other people who are on the site.

Trader Girl,
I agree 100%. Do not forget the insult that FlowerGirl throws down in the first sentence, implyingt that whom ever does not enjoy her posts is not worthy to have a "signifigant other." As I mentioned in my post late last evening:

"Whenever anyone posts on this forum, they are asked questions, if their chart or theory is not able to be understood. Every person has answered those questions with politeness and clarity. However, in the case of FlowerGirl, if you ask her a question she ignores you. Or, if she does answer it is with sarcasm and arrogance. I am tired of it. So, you are actually telling FlowerGirl that her rudeness is acceptable? You are describing the people who are objecting and asking her not to be rude as "distracting petty criticism from weaklings?" Someone who is rude and is deameaning to others, is actually a bully, so you are blaming the victims? This is hard to accept. I do not care if her calls on the market are 100% accurate, you are accepting poor behaviour and mean behaviour as a trade for market calls? Give your head a shake. No wonder people of expert opinions leave this forum. They do not put up with this type of behavior."
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

gappy wrote:
KeiZai wrote:Hello everyone :) Anyone know what is with the BB52? Hope he's alright

SPX
spx+-66.png
DAX
daxy.png
Capture.PNG
lolz great pic :lol: absolutely that's the new normal CB's pouring more oil in a fire at ATH really crazy times we have never seen this before :shock:
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
L_T

Post by L_T »

Al_Dente wrote:VIX
medium term: long spy since 17 april and long XIV since 16 april
Benchmark low was last year: 14 Mar 2013 @ 11.05
Todays low: 11.15 [edit: 11.13]
Someone mentioned VIX touching the lower BB; these are default BBs here (20/2) and I don’t see it
The attachment 66vix.png is no longer available
Al I was just thinking XIV but you beat me to it! :twisted:

I gave up on it back in March but in looking at it again maybe a weekly holding period would be better than a daily?

It's got a pretty good "buy and forget about it" track record since the debt ceiling stuff from late summer 2011.
Attachments
ScreenShot135.jpg
ALdaytrade

Post by ALdaytrade »

Trader Girl,

I suspect that we will soon start a pull back here for wave 4 for perhaps the remainder of today and Monday to turn into the final wave 5? Sorry, just very rough calculations with these waves, as I consider you as the expert in this field.

Thank you if you have further comments in regard to this wave assumption.
Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

uempel wrote:BachNut, there is a FlowerGirl and a TraderGirl - as far as I know two different personae ...

Ooops. :oops:
TraderGirl

Re:

Post by TraderGirl »

MrMiyagi wrote:
The attachment 3066.png is no longer available
Past price action suggests whenever "news" (ECB) comes out and swiftly moves the market, that price action gets erased at some point....

Many p-bars down to 193.3....the more bars usually indicates more chances of a pullback to that level....
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 9.17.51 AM.png
gappy

Post by gappy »

KeiZai wrote:
gappy wrote:

SPX
spx+-66.png
DAX
daxy.png
Capture.PNG
lolz great pic :lol: absolutely that's the new normal CB's pouring more oil in a fire at ATH really crazy times we have never seen this before :shock:
:D These are the good old days!
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Al_Dente wrote:
KeiZai wrote:Hello everyone :) Anyone know what is with the BB52? Hope he's alright...
hi boss
long time no c
he hasn’t updated his blog since the 28th :?: :?: :cry:
Have been busy lately and finally is good weather out there :D so not daytrading that much....is not replying on mail either :cry: I hope he is on the holiday or so and nothing serious happened to him
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
uempel

Post by uempel »

This is soooo artificial ....
ll.png
gappy

Post by gappy »

Capture.PNG
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

L_T wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:VIX medium term...
Al I was just thinking XIV but you beat me to it! :twisted:
I gave up on it back in March but in looking at it again maybe a weekly holding period would be better than a daily?
It's got a pretty good "buy and forget about it" track record since the debt ceiling stuff from late summer 2011.
erie how our minds think parallel
I was so disgusted with XIV that I gave up on it... a nanosecond later it began its rise

Re VIX
I’m not allowed to "guess" it; I have to wait ‘till it actually moves/signals

4u
spartacus_png.png