Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

06/07/2014 Weekend Update

Cobra
Site Admin

06/07/2014 Weekend Update

Post by Cobra »

The institutional buying and selling chart (courtesy of stocktiming) shows more accumulation but at very low absolute value, so not necessarily a bullish sign, it's just the distribution is very low, which is very close to a record low now, so again, not a bullish sign.
inst b sell.png
Smart money shorted a little bit, so nothing bad yet.
SmartMoney.gif
I see nothing on AAII. I'd like to see extremely extreme, for now both are far from extreme.
AAII.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 06/07/2014 Weekend Update

Post by Cobra »

Summary of the week's stock picks: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1318&p=164154#p164154

FlowerGirl

Where to....

Post by FlowerGirl »

Road Map for the next 3-9 Months:
Possibility of a correction of ~ 7-10% remains high till October of this year. Thereafter, expect a good run up till April of 2015. Why ? - Since 1940 SPX gained an average of 16.7% beginning October of mid term election year till April of the following year with only one negative year (-1.7% w/o dividend, less if you add up the dividend).

When will the next correction arrive and from what level is anybody’s guess at the moment[*]. I expect to know of this well in advance with the help of my crew: my TA, my smarty paint cousin who guides me in trading e-Mini, pBARs (if I will still have access and allowed to expressed my opinion), and most importantly my cousin, The Tarot Card Reader- She is very good in spotting the daemon. I will share my call as soon I have a clue....

Have a nice weekend

*It is not going to happen next Monday for sure :lol:
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Preview of the next week's stock picks.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1325&p=164158#p164158

uempel

Post by uempel »

There is a huge channel which goes back to 1995. Here I'm looking at the specifics of the December 1998/January 1999 break-out. First chart with long-term picture, second chart close-up. If the 1998/1999 scenario repeats (big question mark :geek: ) SPX would correct down to 1925 next week and then zoom up to 1980. Of course this is very, very hypothetical.
LT.png
CU.png
johnnywa

Post by johnnywa »

Thanks Flowergirl for the update,will be watching for your updates
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Text of the Class Action Lawsuit against HFT (High Frequency Trading Firms) and 13 stock exchanges (NYSE, NASDAQ, CBOE, BATS, et. al.)
Filed by the same guy who 20 years ago won a record $368.5 billion judgment from the 13 biggest tobacco companies.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-06-0 ... gainst-hft

Long story short: it alleges that we receive “obsolete” data because the “Preferred Data Customers” [HFTs] have advance access [at least 1,499 microseconds early] to said data, hence we’ve suffered injury and damage…
Plaintiffs allege that 1,499+ microseconds is plenty of time for the state-of-the-art HFT computers to figure out how to screw the pooch.

It’s forty pages long, not much new, but pretty incredible, and worthy of your weekend reading.

“The Exchange[s]… sell Private Feed connection lines that transmit data faster for a higher premium charge; the greater the connection capacity size, the higher the fee. Meanwhile, the capacity of the Exchange[s]…connection lines to the Processor is substantially lower, and the procedure for transmission is different, resulting in far slower transmission of data to the Processor, and the Subscribers [you and me] in turn. The Exchange[s]…also sell co-location services for these Private Feeds whereby the Exchange[s] …lease server space to …[HFTs]… in close physical proximity to the Exchange … servers, which, due to the laws of physics, allows the …[HFTs]… to receive the data sooner.”

“Preferred Data Customers [HFTs] have publicly stated that Private Feeds are the only way to know where the market really is because the …Subscriber Feeds are slow and not useful and that, with the Private Feeds, a …[HFT] knows that a transaction has occurred even if the Processor does not yet reflect the transaction.”
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
jademann

Post by jademann »

My comments were dictated to me by homie the clown
FlowerGirl

SPY, how high can you fly?

Post by FlowerGirl »

Based on this LT SP500 chart (I mean really long term, from the days my great grandmother was born), SP500 could continue its climb to 2500+ without violating its long term channel.

Will the current bull market end once it reaches the top of the range or will it violate the top like in 99-00 - only time will tell.

Do you ever wonder why the last bear market ended at 666? Well, now you know. :geek:
sp500_lt.png
For detail oriented: SP500 came to exist (in present form) on March 4, 1957. However, theoretical values of SP500 has been determined as far back as 1871(sources are listed under stock market data here http://www.hussmanfunds.com/html/datapage.htm]). For the graph above, I have collated these two data series. Also note that additional data has no bearing on the placement of channel. BTW, the extended data has been used for calculation of CAPE ratio by Prof. Shiller, an Economist and a Noble Laureate

This type of info is of no help to predict what market will do in the next few days or weeks :o
Last edited by FlowerGirl on Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
DellGriffith

Post by DellGriffith »

bearish as of SPY 406 on 2/17/23
currently: end bearish as of SPY 406 on 3/6/23
DellGriffith

Post by DellGriffith »

Lots of noise about huge inverse H&S in the gold sector as of late. My two cents...

bearish as of SPY 406 on 2/17/23
currently: end bearish as of SPY 406 on 3/6/23
uempel

Re: SPY, how high can you fly?

Post by uempel »

FlowerGirl wrote:Based on this LT SP500 chart (I mean really long term, from the days my great grandmother was born), SP500 could continue its climb to 2500+ without violating its long term channel.

Will the current bull market end once it reaches the top of the range or will it violate the top like in 99-00 - only time will tell.

Do you ever wonder why the last bear market ended at 666? Well, now you know. :geek:
sp500_lt.png
This type of info is of no help to predict what market will do in the next few days or weeks :o
Good to put these figures in perspective. These economist price increases/decreases are 14 years old, but they show the relativity of any S&P number over time.

http://www.economist.com/node/457272
tsf

Post by tsf »

Take-away from my weekend reading so far: Nobody wants to buy, nobody wants to sell. Bulls do want prices to retreat a bit at this point, but bears are afraid to short.
Hardly any bearish comments left. Some perma bears have turned bullish, screaming SPX 2000 or more, and soon.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Chrome lost; that’s actually bullish for stocks :!: :!:
http://www.livetradingnews.com/triple-c ... 5SL_fNOWM8
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

UPDATE:
SEC proposes new rules for high-frequency trading:
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/06/05/ ... ket-rules/

and here:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-06-0 ... -says.html
“High-frequency trading accounts for about 48 percent of all U.S. share volume…” :o

Full text of Chair White’s speech here:
http://www.sec.gov/News/Speech/Detail/S ... 5STOfNOWM8
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Are we there yet? only upside target never fail, if you can not fight them join them :D Peace!
4.PNG
1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

BullBear52x wrote:Are we there yet? only upside target never fail, if you can not fight them join them :D Peace!
The attachment 4.PNG is no longer available
The attachment 1.PNG is no longer available
The attachment 2.PNG is no longer available
The attachment 3.PNG is no longer available
I missed you lol true, nothing bearish anywhere yet, we could see pullback sometimes soon but this is hardly a top here

Two charts for fun

Goldman
da bull flag?
da bull flag?
and Crude
Another low in June?
Another low in June?
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
gappy

Post by gappy »

‘the petrodollar is our currency and our problem’....Gappy
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

KeiZai wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:Are we there yet? only upside target never fail, if you can not fight them join them :D Peace!
The attachment 4.PNG is no longer available
The attachment 1.PNG is no longer available
The attachment 2.PNG is no longer available
The attachment 3.PNG is no longer available
I missed you lol true, nothing bearish anywhere yet, we could see pullback sometimes soon but this is hardly a top here

Two charts for fun

Goldman
The attachment gs2.png is no longer available
and Crude
The attachment crudeo.png is no longer available
:) USO bull flag but my read is bearish bias.
Attachments
1.PNG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
jager

Post by jager »

IWM - Something for the bears.. Maybe. Close tomorrow will confirm
Attachments
IWM60MINS_bear.png