Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

08/12/2011 Intraday Watering

Al_Dente

Re: 08/12/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by Al_Dente »

Financials leading down. Ouch
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
KENA

Post by KENA »

BB52x..It looks like the mkt can't break 1176 area.Several attempts. Now it is below my trend line. Now lets see.
KENA

Post by KENA »

KENA wrote:BB52x..It looks like the mkt can't break 1176 area.Several attempts. Now it is below my trend line. Now lets see.
PS should read 1186
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

:?
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

OK, so much of the ascending triangle cases, now let's see rectangle case, the green line below must hold in order for this case to be valid.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
agnosia

Post by agnosia »

RISK OFF FRIDAY's.... that is all.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Petsamo wrote:In looking at the 1 min chart, did we just get a signal to sell off?
Yup
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

I am clean, now no short term position, ZIP Zero. sell first ask question later. have a good weekend all, what a waste of time today :roll:
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Cobra wrote:OK, so much of the ascending triangle cases, now let's see rectangle case, the green line below must hold in order for this case to be valid.
cobra: I really want it to hold 117.64 which is the neckline for the reverse head and shoulders, and the important support from the 8/8 high. Love ya, man
oldpigwang

Post by oldpigwang »

Cobra Da: do you feel bearish by this big down bar?
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

Al_Dente wrote:
Petsamo wrote:In looking at the 1 min chart, did we just get a signal to sell off?
Yup
Japan, Hang Seng, & India sold off from their open. Europe rallied. I think we're just responding to Asia. A Europe gap down on Monday makes sense.
Twitter @jackwag0n
rhight

Post by rhight »

varaamo wrote:Many Thanks rhight for sharing this.

Does Ned Davis have any similar indicator for determining tops of this intermediate runs? Looks like you subscribing to Ned Davis newsletter or something? If so, can you please share the type of subscription to their research. On their website, i noticed there are bunch of them.
rhight wrote: I'm including a chart of one indicator that supposedly has a good track record and has not triggered since March 2009 (see bottom of chart.) The idea comes from "Technical Analysis" Kirkpatrick/Dahlquist page 147.

The Ned Davis data set is from 1966 to 2005, the chart is labeled "New Highs Minus New Lows / Issues Traded -- Five Day Smoothing" in which they label this zone "So Bad It's Good". The text reads, "It shows a particularly strong positive result when the ratio declines to below -13.8%. Otherwise, the results are mixed."
No, no, no. Ned Davis is way outside my pay grade. The info comes from the text book mentioned, one that I have read cover to cover and can recommend as well written. As far as tops and bottoms go, I like to say that bottoms don't last long, but tops drag on forever (relatively speaking).
Swing to Intermediate SPX Analysis - multiple time frame - Daily & 60 min time and price cycle analysis.
Usually trade SSO / SDS
Ninja Trader

Post by Ninja Trader »

The Kirkpatric and Dahlquist book is a very good one

Required reading for CMT exams
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

oldpigwang wrote:Cobra Da: do you feel bearish by this big down bar?
I'm disappointed. so far the market only proves my forecast: this is just a rebound.

alf

Post by alf »

Petsamo wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
Yup
Japan, Hang Seng, & India sold off from their open. Europe rallied. I think we're just responding to Asia. A Europe gap down on Monday makes sense.
varaamo

Post by varaamo »

rhight,

Thanks for clarifying. Didn't know Ned Davis was expensive. Thanks for the book recommendation. I will get the book then.

One more question. When you say "tops drag on forever", then unlike your "Bottom detector", do you mean there is no reliable way for "Top Detector" ?

Many Thanks,

rhight wrote:

Does Ned Davis have any similar indicator for determining tops of this intermediate runs? Looks like you subscribing to Ned Davis newsletter or something? If so, can you please share the type of subscription to their research. On their website, i noticed there are bunch of them.
rhight wrote: I'm including a chart of one indicator that supposedly has a good track record and has not triggered since March 2009 (see bottom of chart.) The idea comes from "Technical Analysis" Kirkpatrick/Dahlquist page 147.

The Ned Davis data set is from 1966 to 2005, the chart is labeled "New Highs Minus New Lows / Issues Traded -- Five Day Smoothing" in which they label this zone "So Bad It's Good". The text reads, "It shows a particularly strong positive result when the ratio declines to below -13.8%. Otherwise, the results are mixed."
No, no, no. Ned Davis is way outside my pay grade. The info comes from the text book mentioned, one that I have read cover to cover and can recommend as well written. As far as tops and bottoms go, I like to say that bottoms don't last long, but tops drag on forever (relatively speaking).
oldpigwang

Post by oldpigwang »

Good, so we still have hope to go to the low to load up.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

rhight wrote:

How much is Ned Davis services?

oldpigwang

Post by oldpigwang »

Can we enter short here?
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

oldpigwang wrote:Can we enter short here?
I won't