Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

08/25/2011 Intraday Watering

bsw

Re: 08/25/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by bsw »

Cobra wrote:
jarbo456 wrote:
Cobra wrote:well, the 3rd touch, I don't think the line will hold this time and I see H&S top here.
what is the lookout for tomorrow's open if we close today at the LOD cobra? any ideas?
LOD close, tomorrow most likely will be green.

Forces loyal to Kadafi were still fighting hard along the outskirts of Tripoli. But the rebels would sooner or letter advance into the city and take Kadafi's military compound in the city. Tomorrow? Next week? Next moth? May victory be with the Bear force!!
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for today. Bears don't want to see a low of day close because that would be a Bearish Engulfing on the SPY daily chart which actually is bullish, very very, so a little rebound until close it's good. Thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow. We had a great day, by the way, because we have 18 pages today, the most posted day ever. :lol:
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
cougar

Post by cougar »

KENA wrote:GMCR is doing great.Made 2 + already.Keep moving.
Good Job KENA! Congrats!
StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

Cobra wrote:well, guess that's it for today. Bears don't want to see a low of day close because that would be a Bearish Engulfing on the SPY daily chart which actually is bullish, very very, so a little rebound until close it's good. Thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow. We had a great day, by the way, because we have 18 pages today, the most posted days ever. :lol:
Cobra,

Do you consider tomorrow a Fed day or at least do you think Fed day stats may apply?
trader0303

Post by trader0303 »

faked out all day. Worst day for me in a long time.... :(
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

Cobra wrote:well, guess that's it for today. Bears don't want to see a low of day close because that would be a Bearish Engulfing on the SPY daily chart which actually is bullish, very very, so a little rebound until close it's good. Thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow. We had a great day, by the way, because we have 18 pages today, the most posted day ever. :lol:
good job. like this little rebound.

holding shorts into tomorrow...as i have been holding for the past few painful days. lol

see you all tomorrow!
SigmaEcho

Post by SigmaEcho »

Cobra wrote:well, guess that's it for today. Bears don't want to see a low of day close because that would be a Bearish Engulfing on the SPY daily chart which actually is bullish, very very, so a little rebound until close it's good. Thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow. We had a great day, by the way, because we have 18 pages today, the most posted day ever. :lol:

Thanks Cobra!

"18 pages today, the most posted day ever" = bearish or bullish?
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

SigmaEcho wrote:

Thanks Cobra!

"18 pages today, the most posted day ever" = bearish or bullish?
pivot day. you guess the rest.

AK84

Post by AK84 »

I think 3 of those pages were me trying ti explain that i was joking earlier about a comment I made. :lol:
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

StrikePrice wrote:
Cobra wrote:well, guess that's it for today. Bears don't want to see a low of day close because that would be a Bearish Engulfing on the SPY daily chart which actually is bullish, very very, so a little rebound until close it's good. Thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow. We had a great day, by the way, because we have 18 pages today, the most posted days ever. :lol:
Cobra,

Do you consider tomorrow a Fed day or at least do you think Fed day stats may apply?
not apply. the announcement is tomorrow morning: GDP and QE3. we'll know when we wake up.

uempel

Post by uempel »

Last chart:
SPX138.png
soku

Post by soku »

soku wrote:interesting. es down then quickly pull back to 1156 where is my measured support area. not sure what will happen. this market is not suitable for me.
i did spend time reading lien's website and other things on QE3. i think the market priced in some qe3 (or in liue). my guess is around 500m -1 trillion, leveraged. (my number is lower than GS estimates.) if end up none, as cobra's guess, we will see huge drop.
zerohedge just posted on GS estimation.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/here-are- ... illion-qe3
if it is 1trillion as they said, es may go up. my guess is somewhere low 12x0 as my swing high.
worst case scenario, if no easing, or option #1 in lien's post, i think es fair value is around 950.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

was there a phantom to just above 118 on the closing 5minute spy today? i hope not! -_-
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Thank you all, especially the master of course. Bear away for me.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
AK84

Post by AK84 »

uempel wrote:Last chart:
SPX138.png
seems like a backtest after breaking. looks bullish ?
your charts are soooo amazing! although sometimes i dont understand the implications coz they are so short term based and partly coz im no expert like u ! ;)
Anaconda

Post by Anaconda »

jarbo456 wrote:was there a phantom to just above 118 on the closing 5minute spy today? i hope not! -_-
Yes. I covered half my short positions.
johnnywa

Post by johnnywa »

Buy calls on bad GDP number,
ben will pump
soku

Post by soku »

AK84 wrote:
I think 3 of those pages were me trying ti explain that i was joking earlier about a comment I made. :lol:
lol only 2.5 per my count. even w/o the mess u made, it is still the longest i think. per cobra, it will be an interesting day tomorrow.
a side note, i will be busy watching tv and doing analysis tomorrow for my job. i will see you guys monday.
good luck everyone.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
frankthetank

Post by frankthetank »

double bottom coming at 1100? Or we break through 1100 and wait for a european bank to go under and then a big ass swap line from the fed too the euro. Ben only has a few more tricks up his sleave and the next one is a severe devaluation of the us dollar, he can do this by huge buy of foreign currency ( his last bullet is actually buying stock ). If Ben started buying some of the pigs debts then the soverign risk event is taken away. Any thoughts
lazytrader

Post by lazytrader »

Great day in the forum today...though trading wise it was not good...GOOG took all my profits...