Post by 99er »

And an Hourly...

SPX http://99ercharts.blogspot.com/2011/08/spx_27.html

Have a good one.
99er

Re: Weekend Watering Hole

Post by 99er »

A Tornado Across The Pond

Capital flight from European banks has now reached such a state that for one undisclosed bank needed emergency funding last week for a mere $5 million. Previously, the ECB stepped in to provide $500 million in emergency liquidity measures to non-disclosed banks.

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot. ... ce-in.html
99er

Post by 99er »

cougar

Post by cougar »

2 SPX scenarios.
For most savvy EW people, there is no doubt that W5 either started or should start soon. On this chart, the question is: did we already see the top of W4 (points "c" or “e“ of the triangle), or is it still going up to the 100% extension, to form an “EW flat” = W4’?
Since we closed at a telling confluence, I would follow the next signal with confidence.

======================
I am not a dedicated EW guy.
Attachments
W4gif.GIF
cougar

Post by cougar »

QQQ: tamed on close.
Trending up, but not aggressively bullish. I am now flat on QQQ-related derivatives.
Attachments
QQQ2gif.GIF
cougar

Post by cougar »

$NDX internals (130 min) showed that we were subjected to a whipsaw on Friday:
Attachments
NDXgif.GIF
cougar

Post by cougar »

But, could one trade this whipsaw? I argue here that a nimble swing-trader can do that.
Dissecting the “internals” of this whipsaw on a 13 min chart (with adjusted indicators), although objectionable in terms of “puristic criteria”, could yield two unambiguous and trade-able signals during the Thu-Fri time period .
Attachments
NDX13gif.GIF
99er

Post by 99er »

cougar

Thank you for the informative charts!

[Still evaluating platforms so sorry, no Fivolpanacci art yet.]
cougar

Post by cougar »

Good Morning, 99er! You are welcome…

Maybe you won’t find anything like Volpinacci‘s art on the market because he is only a home-improved espresso machine, recently promoted to BOT-status, who executes cougar’s commands with friendly docility…
cougar

Post by cougar »

Cobra’s Saturday Market Outlook “SHORT-TERM: IN WAIT AND SEE MODE” is an excellent and clear summary of the present situation.
In particular, I would underline a statement: “Trading wise, since the table below shows the short-term is up plus both Cobra Impulse System and Non-Stop are in buy mode now, so I’m more willing to bet on the long side (very careful though) until the short-term changes into downtrend.”
This “BUY MODE” is what makes me also slightly skeptical of the “down-predicting triangle” view, supported by the “wavy-gravy” Elliott people, which was mentioned impartially by Cobra and was also presented in my “2 SPX scenarios“, posted here this Sat.

The next chart “$TICK,13 min + EMA ribbon” was built with Volpinacci’s contribution…It enforces the “BUY MODE” argument. This chart could also have been helpful (in addition to the “NDX internals”, on the same time-frame) to “beat the Friday whipsaw“. But most importantly, on it, a LONGER TERM SWING TRADE (yellow arrow) was activated on 08/23 when the entire weighted EMA ribbon crossed above the 0 line. This trade is still ALIVE AND WELL, since the base of the ribbon (EMA89, green) stayed above the 0 line after 08/23.
Attachments
TICKgif.GIF
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

99er and Cougar, nice charts. Thank you for keeping up with this weekend watering hole, I know it would benefit someone. I totally agreed with Cobra's this weekend report. nice and simple out look, that's how I look at thing.

Not much to say, short term is up, buy the dip/sell the rip is the plan during this consolidation phase. right at the moment I have short etfs for counter trend trading, the logic behind it was that a sell off from the very peak we had recently was too strong, the sideways action that we have the last two weeks have been confusing but to be expected during consolidation phase, day trade or vacation until dust settled,I said that two weeks ago day trading will be the only way to go and be nimble at it.

Blue line is mid BB, 20dma, we are testing it for the second time, will the third be the charm? see my longer date MACD, very bullish no doubt.
Attachments
spy.JPG
Last edited by BullBear52x on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

5 min. my buy and sell line at the moment, simple,trades above buy, trades below sell. sell right now.
Attachments
spy.JPG
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

intraday, a trade above 118.43 is a buy with stop be low 200ma, now I got my sell on it still. pretty simple right? why beat your self so much. if it gap against you, oh well....they can do that it's legal, but short sell soon to be out law :D happy trading all.
Attachments
spy.JPG
99er

Post by 99er »

Thanks, guys, for all the charts!

Here's one for tonight.

ES http://99ercharts.blogspot.com/2011/08/es_28.html
99er

Post by 99er »

cougar: "Volpinacci‘s...only a home-improved espresso machine"

If I may ask, what percentage of the post-garage tinkering came OEM? I was looking forward to the art Fivolpinacci might make but if your machine is mostly turbo-cougar-enhanced, then I may skip it. Thank you.
cougar

Post by cougar »

What does "OEM" stand for?
cougar

Post by cougar »

Nice charts BullBear!
99er

Post by 99er »

cougar

Original Equipment Manufacturer or the standard out-of-the box expresso machine before you added the turbo cougar charger.

Thanks.