Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

01/09/2017 Live Update

Trades with cats

Re: 01/09/2017 Live Update

Post by Trades with cats »

3:30 ramp moved ES a full point to VWAP (2265.75) so maybe they will try for the opening level at 2269.
K447

Post by K447 »

Al_Dente wrote:New highs ATH earlier today QQQ, $COMPQ, AAPL
AAPL has been higher in the past
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

The Economaters trader was explaining why shorting FANG plus Intel and Microsoft is, in his opinion a good idea. He reminded every body that there is a difference between being a great company and being a good deal. He thinks Apple will take a hit after guidance for next year comes out. I don't see them taking significant market share away from others in US or Europe as the buy two for the price of one sales are continuing.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for today. Tuesday tomorrow has been very very bull friendly recently. thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow.

before the close, please take a little time to vote for me, thanks. https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/tenpp
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
K447

Post by K447 »

Trades with cats wrote:The Economaters trader was explaining why shorting FANG plus Intel and Microsoft is, in his opinion a good idea. He reminded every body that there is a difference between being a great company and being a good deal. He thinks Apple will take a hit after guidance for next year comes out. I don't see them taking significant market share away from others in US or Europe as the buy two for the price of one sales are continuing.
Which company is the A in that FANG - Apple or Amazon?

Apple has never been about absolute market share. Profit share and mind share, more so.

Among high end smartphones (($300US and up) Samsung and Apple have similar global market share, IIRC. Apple seems to sell plenty of iPhones with high prices. Only Samsung comes close. The rest of the smartphone market share is in much lower price tiers, and has been for a long time. Somehow Apple continues to sell product in volume.

Apple does not provide official guidance for the coming calendar year, only for the coming quarter. Apple's fiscal year ended in September, with guidance provided at that earnings call for this just finished quarter.