Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

06/10/2017 Weekend Update

Cobra
Site Admin

06/10/2017 Weekend Update

Post by Cobra »

The institutional buying and selling chart from stocktiming still argues a range market to me, despite SPY made another all time high today.
Attachments
inst b sell.jpg
inst b sell.jpg (78.62 KiB) Viewed 5294 times

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 06/10/2017 Weekend Update

Post by Cobra »

don't forget our weekly sentiment poll here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2495

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

No stock picks for the next week, here's the latest strong stock count:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2497

tsf

Post by tsf »

Source: Dr. Eric Wish
https://twitter.com/WishingWealth
https://wishingwealthblog.com/

It looks like the utilities ETF had a cup with handle break-out to all time highs. This suggests lower interest rates to come? This is a weekly chart.

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

THE BIG FIVE tech, four days
Top panel percentages
Bottom panel straight overlay
We know from previous posts that the Hedge Funds were picking individual winners (recall 2401 HFs owned APPL, etc),
but I think Friday’s action told us (lower panel, overlay) that they were selling the “Big Five” as a group, NOT separately.
Note the near IDENTICAL moves in the Five, meaning those sells were all aggregated in one (and more) orders
(except MSFT, gray, which is only slightly askew; it must have been on separate tickets).
Something happened Friday between 11:00 and 12:00ET that triggered all those aggregate sell-stops for the algos and HFs and traders etc.
What was that trigger?
Could you please post your answer(s) HERE or on Cobra’s board tomorrow. Thanks in advance.
69big five fri.png.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

[ALMANAC]
Triple witching week
“Full-week performance is choppy… littered with greater than 1% moves in both directions.”
http://jeffhirsch.tumblr.com/post/16163 ... reacherous
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

IT AIN’T OVER ‘TILL IT’S OVER
So everyone continues screaming about the bubble and the tech sector being the "most overweight it has ever been, surpassing even the record clustering into tech during the dot com bubble” [BofA, really?].
And zh keeps posting this GS chart going back ONLY TO 2014, showing the outperformance of the NDX vs SPX.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DB6eXEOWAAEO0ap.jpg

I present this NDX vs SPX long term MONTHLY chart below.
Is that a “better” picture? Well it is certainly much longer term.
What if it is misleading because of the current weighting of the NDX/SPX vs the weighting in 2000?
In another one of their endless posts, GS attempts a weight comparison here (2000 on top, 2017 on bottom):
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/ ... FAAMG2.jpg
611month ndx_spx.png.png
fehro

Post by fehro »

Yields IRX non stop up...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 12.37.51 PM.png
tsf

Post by tsf »

Al_Dente wrote:THE BIG FIVE tech, four days
Top panel percentages
We know from previous posts that the Hedge Funds were picking individual winners (recall 2401 HFs owned APPL, etc),
but I think Friday’s action told us (lower panel, overlay) that they were selling the “Big Five” as a group, NOT separately.
Note the near IDENTICAL moves in the Five, meaning those sells were all aggregated in one (and more) orders
(except MSFT, gray, which is only slightly askew; it must have been on separate tickets).
Something happened Friday between 11:00 and 12:00ET that triggered all those aggregate sell-stops for the algos and HFs and traders etc.
What was that trigger?
Could you please post your answer(s) HERE or on Cobra’s board tomorrow. Thanks in advance.
69big five fri.png.png

Don't know THE real trigger, but here are some views.

Source:Adriel Solorzano‏ @YoungTeenTrader

Source:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tech-stocks ... ce=twitter

ANTHONY MIRHAYDARI MONEYWATCH June 9, 2017, 6:32 PM
A bloody nightmare of a selloff for tech's "FAANG" stocks

Two catalysts drove the selloff, and both suggest the selling pressure could continue into next week, when investors must contend with the specter of another Federal Reserve interest rate hike.

First, Goldman Sachs defanged the FAANG rally with a bearish note warning of a valuation "air pocket." This followed a separate note by Bank of America Merrill Lynch warning that active large-cap funds had increased their exposure to tech by the largest margin ever, exceeding even the extremes of the dotcom bubble.
fehro

Post by fehro »

Al_Dente wrote:THE BIG FIVE tech, four days
Top panel percentages
What was that trigger?
69big five fri.png.png

Major trendline break on AAPL from Nov 2016 lows.. as with all tech.. just 8month trendline break .. - the "news" fits the move imo

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-1 ... ething-bad