Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

How do you enter a trade?

How do you enter a trade?

Postby daytradingES » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:49 am

This is a thread for people to share their thoughts on how (what rules, indicators, targets, stops etc) they use in deciding on entering a trade.

I am posting this as someone ask me the question and I found it wasn't that easy to answer.

Naturally if you have worked long and hard on something proprietary the thread isn't about that - giving away your edge.
If you want to share thoughts on your rules and criteria for a setup - or what they should be - by all means let 'r rip!

Thought my focus is day-trading I haven't posted this in the traders lounge as it is more a chronological flow each day a new thread.
Good trading to all
daytradingES

Re: How do you enter a trade?

Postby watson7tyler » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:16 am

Hi Mate

Thanks for the thread.We all like to have control, especially when our own money is involved. Most traders tend to focus way too much on entering a trade, and not enough on making sure that all contingencies have been accounted for about how to EXIT a trade. You really have very limited control once you're in a trade. A good entry and a great exit plan are much better than a great entry and a poor exit plan.
watson7tyler

Re: How do you enter a trade?

Postby CarlosM » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:50 pm

The moment to enter the system is very important since it is there when you risk your money, something important is to leave out the emotions and have a clear investment strategy. It takes many hours of practice in demo accounts, you have to know how to calculate pips to know how much you will invest in each entry and you will have to keep the entry safe that you have respected your strategy. The confidence that you have done a good analysis and if things fail to wait.
CarlosM

Return to Investors Lounge