Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

12/06/2017 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

12/06/2017 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list HERE. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks! If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday.
  • Please, again, all my calls in the daily live update is for intra-day only, they're absolutely invalid when the closing bell rings. If you're interested in the forecast for days and weeks, Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
  • Personal attack on any board members won't be tolerated. Please limit your topic to trade related only.
  • Please no direct link to your personal web site or blog. You must post rich contents here. You can, however, put link to your personal web site or blog as your signature.
  • I'm very busy during the trading hour, so your question posted on board might not be answered. For a guaranteed answer to your question please send email to info@cobrasmarketview.com.
=============================================================================================================================================================================

rebound looks like a bear flag so bias is down.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 12/06/2017 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

Overnight View of the ES action
Overnight View of the ES action
Since only 300 or so watch Future Trader 71's free morning broadcast I am passing on his observations about the overnight market when it seems meaningful to me.
ES volume was typical at 110,000 contracts. Asian selloff with base building once Europe opened.
Comment by me- don't know if ES 2620 was anyones target for the low but it has a nice head and shoulders sort of shape to it.
Don't forget m,y charts show Mountain Standard time so add 2 hours for Eastern.
JFR

Post by JFR »

Overnight gap down on YM, ES and NQ.

NQ has filled.
Attachments
2017-12-06_0638.png
Charts posted are not recommendations. They are just a sharing of information.
fehro

Post by fehro »

https://www.bloomberg.com//news/article ... -reshuffle

With companies including Google parent Alphabet Inc., Facebook Inc., Comcast Corp. and Walt Disney Co. poised to join communications, ETFs focusing on consumer discretionary and tech industries may be forced to sell about one-fifth of their holdings to mimic the changes. Some funds such as SPDR S&P Internet ETF may have to overhaul their methodology because the sub-index it tracks will no longer exist, according to Lin.
Trades with cats

Could have an effect on volume today. They are evacuating Bel Aire this morning as the fires move into the west side of LA. Lots of money management firms in nearby Century City and Santa Monica.
Trades with cats

If these fires burn up Bel Aire and the nearby very pricy areas this could possibly be the coup de gras for some property insurance firms? :o
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

More on tech:
"A few heavy hitters are dumping factor positions that incidentally hurt chipmakers and software companies and once they’re done, the rally will resume."
“We’ve seen this before...Everyone makes a song and dance that tech stocks have fallen, but then you scratch below the surface and ....”
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -with-tech
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Trades with cats wrote:If these fires burn up Bel Aire and the nearby very pricy areas this could possibly be the coup de gras for some property insurance firms? :o
KIE:XLF is at a 20day low area.. but the ratio is actually up on the day.

Point of fact: property insurance firms don't experience a sudden "coup de gras". They cap at a certain level, and pass the rest on to re-insurers. These "re-insurance" companies are huge pools of last-ditch reserve capital. If any one of these entities fails it takes down the whole system with it.

But until that happens the front line companies have much shock-absorption.

And much of this is probably already priced in for the ratio to already be in a 20day low region... but if one is serious about deep-diving into the sub-sector, it would be best to carefully track several key re-insurers, looking for technical chart warnings.
te_fern

Post by te_fern »

I'm watching the blue line this morning for any change in direction...
Attachments
SPX.PNG
This is not investment or trade advice.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

KRE, EWG hod.
IBB!! XLY, XRT, XLB lod.

$COPPER was down -4.5% yesterday. Materials are not hot just now.
Trades with cats

Daniel, thanks for that. All I know about is Uncle Warren has made a bundle with General RE . All I am thinking is hurricane losses are huge, NorCal fire losses also large , now if they lose a bunch of movie star houses in the hills above LA this could be the worst year in a decade or more for somebody. Not trying to play it until we see what happens. BUT as all these claims get paid out somebody somewhere has to be liquidating "safe" securities to cover those checks.Or as others say higher time frame investors selling.
Trades with cats

I don't see why copper is in with the materials group. It belongs with the bonds or gold as the Chinese market has turned it into a financial asset.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

After much agitation, the VIX has becalmed around the 11--11.5 range, these past few hourly bars. SPY atr is still expanded tho.

update: KRE, XLF, XBD, UUP hod
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

three days of lower highs and lower lows on smalls
1 min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gcf_8O7HGQ
whenever the bears decide to cover (when higher lows take over the landscape), they have a history of monster squeezing
126tna 1.png.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

EWG, EFA hod

QQQ testing 15min 20ema from below, SPY not yet there, IWM nowhere close.
Prior QQQ test this AM was firmly rejected.
brokebybernacke2

Post by brokebybernacke2 »

really strange they stopped sp high just shy of that 2666...(.81 points shy)..close enuff..
the bulls bounce must occur soon this zone imo, otherwise, far as im concerned, bulls already in playing with fire zone, all bounces do not overstay imo...buyer beware..see u next year!
te_fern

Post by te_fern »

Showing a little bit of life...
Attachments
SPX.PNG
This is not investment or trade advice.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

EEM fresh 20day low this AM. Donchian sell signal! :|