Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

12/22/2017 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

12/22/2017 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list HERE. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks! If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday.
  • Please, again, all my calls in the daily live update is for intra-day only, they're absolutely invalid when the closing bell rings. If you're interested in the forecast for days and weeks, Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
  • Personal attack on any board members won't be tolerated. Please limit your topic to trade related only.
  • Please no direct link to your personal web site or blog. You must post rich contents here. You can, however, put link to your personal web site or blog as your signature.
  • I'm very busy during the trading hour, so your question posted on board might not be answered. For a guaranteed answer to your question please send email to info@cobrasmarketview.com.
=============================================================================================================================================================================

no idea up or down here, need see more bars. likely a boring day.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 12/22/2017 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

fehro

Post by fehro »

fwiw 60m 4weeks ish … SPX bearish rising wedge.. 2676ish goes.. measure move is -48 points to 2630ish buckle up.. may or may not be a clean break and go :roll: :)
Last edited by fehro on Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

NKE earnings beat, but it pulls the dow down
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

te_fern

Post by te_fern »

Merry Christmas to everyone! Won't be able to be on much today, so i wanted to make sure to express the greetings!!
This is not investment or trade advice.
fehro

Post by fehro »

te_fern wrote:Merry Christmas to everyone! Won't be able to be on much today, so i wanted to make sure to express the greetings!!
And to you and all! :)

Mind the one side of the boat is getting heavy with passengers ;) :roll: :D
Attachments
Screen_Shot_2017-12-22_at_7_09_14_AM.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

te_fern wrote:Merry Christmas to everyone! Won't be able to be on much today, so i wanted to make sure to express the greetings!!
Same to you fern :D :D :D
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
daytradingES

Post by daytradingES »

Merry Christmas Everyone! :-)
Educational only and not trading advice (EO&NTA) :)
Good trading to all
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone on board
1221cat xmas.png.png
Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

Happy Holidays to everyone. Thank-you for sharing. It makes a real difference to not be alone! :D

If you get bored next week and want to see how someone else does it Futures Trader 71 gave a blow by blow of yesterday's midday runup showing slides from his fancy software. It is in the middle of his 15 minute traderbyte for today, the 22nd. It will be up all week as he is done until January. Moad's definition of size is anything over 28 contracts and his trading is oriented toward finding opportunities where he can easily trade 50 or a 100 contracts and get fills.https://futurestrader71.com/
brokebybernacke2

Post by brokebybernacke2 »

fehro wrote:fwiw 60m 4weeks ish … SPX bearish rising wedge.. 2676ish goes.. measure move is -48 points to 2630ish buckle up.. may or may not be a clean break and go :roll: :)

an interesting spot here..yes a bearish wedge or cup handle off the highs?...no volume this time of year, will take something surprising/geopolitical to get big moves up or down. nobody is expecting downs this time of year and bears are deep underground -sideways to up is the huge majority view. a weak close below ur number would get my bearish attention...Merry Christmas!
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

bias is down.
Attachments
1.png

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

LABU is up 4+ points
while NUGT is dicking around at INTRADAY triple top resistance
Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

For conversations with relatives over the holidays, some relevant quotes
"Bitcoin has no fundamental value as an asset -- no stream of future income, no ultimate assurance of liquidity, and no alternative use" https://bloom.bg/2kYo6vv

"The growth of the Internet will slow drastically... By 2005 or so, it will become clear that the Internet's impact on the economy has been no greater than the fax machine's."
- @paulkrugman 1998

An old Danish proverb first published in 1948 and since attributed to lots of famous people.
Det er vanskeligt at spaa, især naar det gælder Fremtiden.
It is difficult to make predictions, especially about the future. (English translation)
JFR

Post by JFR »

Merry Christmas, Everyone. All the best in the New Year.
Attachments
mc.jpg
mc.jpg (35.41 KiB) Viewed 5006 times
Charts posted are not recommendations. They are just a sharing of information.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

INTRADAY
AS PRICE GETS TOO FAR ABOVE THE STOP, TRADERS START TO LOCK IN PROFITS AND REDUCE RISK, LEAVING A CHUNK IN PLACE TO BE TAKEN OUT BY THE STOP AND/OR THEY KEEP RAISING THE STOP
[source = some smarty pants, I forget who, not pasta]
1222labu.png.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

no AD bias at the moment
1-to-1 is flat, chop
1222ad flat.png.png
fehro

Post by fehro »

brokebybernacke2 wrote:
fehro wrote:fwiw 60m 4weeks ish … SPX bearish rising wedge.. 2676ish goes.. measure move is -48 points to 2630ish buckle up.. may or may not be a clean break and go :roll: :)

an interesting spot here..yes a bearish wedge or cup handle off the highs?...no volume this time of year, will take something surprising/geopolitical to get big moves up or down. nobody is expecting downs this time of year and bears are deep underground -sideways to up is the huge majority view. a weak close below ur number would get my bearish attention...Merry Christmas!

Buckle up.. VIX / VXX HUGE spikes!
brokebybernacke2

Post by brokebybernacke2 »

fehro wrote:
brokebybernacke2 wrote:

Buckle up.. VIX / VXX HUGE spikes!
nah, no volume...need solid news to carry any sort of good move, esp. on the down! ...albeit lots of threats this Christmas...my guess won't happen intraday if at all.
vix is due though...
Attachments
vix.png