Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

01/02/2018 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 01/02/2018 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

maybe it's making triangle here which if true the bias still is up.
Attachments
1.png

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Al_Dente wrote:AD strong bull
12ad.png.png
NY advancing stocks = 1.6 x declining stocks
NY advancing volume = 3.2 x declining volume
AD weakens, but bull volume (moving into fewer stocks) still very strong
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

Interesting point of view
Interesting point of view
Looking like the trend could continue!
Trades with cats

NASDAQ futures
NASDAQ futures
Chart I should have been trading today! :(
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

it is triangle, bias is up.
Attachments
1.png

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

VIX
LOD few minutes ago
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

[old post, from Friday]
Here’s the persistent problem with all that FLOW information:
“… another even more vexing question that has stumped most traders: while the cumulative return of the S&P over the past three years… [since 2015], has been … 34%, equity flows over the same period have been consistently negative [includes mutual funds and ETFs].
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12- ... ant-answer
Trades with cats

Oil- Several things happening now from various media posts.
1. US producers are at record sales in the futures market (COT report) but who knows if Harold Hamm and Da Boyz see a top or their bankers are demanding it.
2. Rig count has slowed down. I say really? Don't we all want to work on a drill rig in 25 below 0 ? I have also read they are out of experienced people but I don't see this as a reversal in US production.
3. Scottish pipeline is fixed. Libyan pipeline is fixed. Blown up Iranian pipeline means a gas shortage in Terhain, not a reduction in exports.
4. Hedge funds are betting OPEC overshoots on the tightening. Kemp at Reuters saying today that the spread betting looks like a market that is tightening. I say but betting on price spreads is what Hedge Funds do and they are the dumb money in this market.

I just think the Saudi jawboning and hurricane shutdowns have pushed this about as far as it can go. Record holiday travel is helping the numbers for now but I don't see another boost at this time. Venezuela is about gone (ok, relatively speaking) and no other producers are blowing up at this point. So OPEC/NOPEC will have to willingly reduce production. Saudi's are the only ones with a reason (the IPO) but they are broke so we will see if this time they actually do something beyond their traditional seasonal slow down. Last time they called it a production cut but I don't think they can do that twice in a row. I admit when the Hedge Funds get excited they can drive the market for several months. So my bottom line is we "should" be at a seasonal top with fundamentals ready to crash the market once again but this plot has more twists than a Mexican soap opera!
Trades with cats

DSjr5DMWsAYheOS.jpg
NOKOs getting ready for another rocket test.
(thanks to Stock Board Assets for the image)
fehro

Post by fehro »

TRANSports ATH TLT at 50d SMA, AAPL at 20d sMA…. NX/COMPQ pushing for ATH… VIX near 20d.50d convergence, put/call near extreme with diverging adv/dec .. RUT weakening.. buckle up.. :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 11.17.41 AM.png
Trades with cats

RTY 03-18 (400 Tick) 2018_01_02.png
Small Caps about to go down bouncing on the overnight high with volume increasing as the price bars turn red. (seconds per bar dropping, bottom window on chart)
fehro

Post by fehro »

be uber careful.. on these two.. :roll: " looks" ripe for a possible nasty reversal on a huge gap :roll:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 11.27.32 AM.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

SMALLS INTRADAY have a chance to double bottom here, else they are faulked
1min
12tna.png.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Miners INTRADAY have a chance to breakout of this triple top (knock three times) and they had better do so.... pronto.
1min
12miners.png.png
te_fern

Post by te_fern »

Levered smalls have struggled all day...
Attachments
TNA.PNG
This is not investment or trade advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

HAPPY HOUR
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Al_Dente wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:AD strong bull
12ad.png.png
NY advancing stocks = 1.6 x declining stocks
NY advancing volume = 3.2 x declining volume
AD weakens, but bull volume (moving into fewer stocks) still very strong
NY advancing stocks = 1.4 x declining stocks
NY advancing volume = 2.8 x declining volume
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

testing day high, key time.
Attachments
1.png

trader24

Post by trader24 »

Trades with cats wrote:Oil- Several things happening now from various media posts.
1. US producers are at record sales in the futures market (COT report) but who knows if Harold Hamm and Da Boyz see a top or their bankers are demanding it.
2. Rig count has slowed down. I say really? Don't we all want to work on a drill rig in 25 below 0 ? I have also read they are out of experienced people but I don't see this as a reversal in US production.
3. Scottish pipeline is fixed. Libyan pipeline is fixed. Blown up Iranian pipeline means a gas shortage in Terhain, not a reduction in exports.
4. Hedge funds are betting OPEC overshoots on the tightening. Kemp at Reuters saying today that the spread betting looks like a market that is tightening. I say but betting on price spreads is what Hedge Funds do and they are the dumb money in this market.

I just think the Saudi jawboning and hurricane shutdowns have pushed this about as far as it can go. Record holiday travel is helping the numbers for now but I don't see another boost at this time. Venezuela is about gone (ok, relatively speaking) and no other producers are blowing up at this point. So OPEC/NOPEC will have to willingly reduce production. Saudi's are the only ones with a reason (the IPO) but they are broke so we will see if this time they actually do something beyond their traditional seasonal slow down. Last time they called it a production cut but I don't think they can do that twice in a row. I admit when the Hedge Funds get excited they can drive the market for several months. So my bottom line is we "should" be at a seasonal top with fundamentals ready to crash the market once again but this plot has more twists than a Mexican soap opera!
Aren't the Swaps (banks) at some all time record shorts on the COT report?