Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

04/05/2018 Live Update

Al_Dente

Re: 04/05/2018 Live Update

Post by Al_Dente »

victorm wrote:I used this pattern for some years, just for day trading to earn some money. Usually not more then 15% of all account. It's arr 15-20k and quite easy to make some 300-400$ with this ammount, But core account is on trend and only for a swings.
Also, this pattern is good for stocks but for pr metals pattern should be adjusted as it rarely works.
What pattern?
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

Pretzel Logic is calling this a possible expanded flat wave four up. The wave that fakes everybody out, makes you think it's over and then it ends. Timing is really good, beginning of the always positive earnings season and a resumption of buybacks for a nice positive boost going into late spring.

1. I think it is an excellent idea to have an idea of what could happen
2. I think it is an excellent idea to constantly repeat this is a could not a will.
Clueless

Post by Clueless »

Daniel wrote:Longer-term 'recency bias' is telling the Market Mind that breakouts should build on themselves. But these recent (relatively) sharp sudden declines over the past weeks has created a level of "overhead supply" such as hasn't existed for awhile. Price on SPY and on QQQ keeps running into somebody's fib-retrace level, or pivot point, or trendline...and then suddenly stops.

However, earnings season should be a good one. Bsn optimism studies portend this. And the market cannot be said to have fully discounted this possibility, not when it's clinging to its 200day MA. So it may turn out to be a choppy 3 steps up, 2 back, for the next couple weeks... but overall a positive earnings-driven uptrend.
The greatest uncertainty with the market is Trump. Nothing else matters. So expect a wild market the rest of his time in office. His grace/honeymoon (one year) period is over. The market has been patient enough. He is the one that will UNKNOWINGLY crash the market/economy. It will happen. Talk about shooting oneself in the foot. So being long-term bullish is very risky with all the recklessness.
victorm

Post by victorm »

Al_Dente wrote:
victorm wrote:I used this pattern for some years, just for day trading to earn some money. Usually not more then 15% of all account. It's arr 15-20k and quite easy to make some 300-400$ with this ammount, But core account is on trend and only for a swings.
Also, this pattern is good for stocks but for pr metals pattern should be adjusted as it rarely works.
What pattern?
It's on Daniel's article Al_Dente. Day trading hours pattern.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

the resistance might not hold. bulls are not over.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
victorm

Post by victorm »

Clueless wrote:
Daniel wrote:Longer-term 'recency bias' is telling the Market Mind that breakouts should build on themselves. But these recent (relatively) sharp sudden declines over the past weeks has created a level of "overhead supply" such as hasn't existed for awhile. Price on SPY and on QQQ keeps running into somebody's fib-retrace level, or pivot point, or trendline...and then suddenly stops.

However, earnings season should be a good one. Bsn optimism studies portend this. And the market cannot be said to have fully discounted this possibility, not when it's clinging to its 200day MA. So it may turn out to be a choppy 3 steps up, 2 back, for the next couple weeks... but overall a positive earnings-driven uptrend.
The greatest uncertainty with the market is Trump. Nothing else matters. So expect a wild market the rest of his time in office. His grace/honeymoon (one year) period is over. The market has been patient enough. He is the one that will UNKNOWINGLY crash the market/economy. It will happen. Talk about shooting oneself in the foot. So being long-term bullish is very risky with all the recklessness.
I think one more 4yr term with Obama would crash the economy and put USA into real trouble. Trump is a businessman and see where it all going. Things Trump doing now should be done under Bush admin. I'm in Canada but don't understand how people in US thinking in regards to economy...
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

maybe targeting day high.
Attachments
1.png

brokebybernacke2

Post by brokebybernacke2 »

victorm wrote:
Clueless wrote:

I think one more 4yr term with Obama would crash the economy and put USA into real trouble. Trump is a businessman and see where it all going. Things Trump doing now should be done under Bush admin. I'm in Canada but don't understand how people in US thinking in regards to economy...
perspective...
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... ck-market/
1der

Post by 1der »

"I think one more 4yr term with Obama would crash the economy and put USA into real trouble. Trump is a businessman and see where it all going. Things Trump doing now should be done under Bush admin. I'm in Canada but don't understand how people in US thinking in regards to economy..."

Greatly disagree with this statement. Things were on a relatively smooth trajectory upwards under the Yellen/Obama time. Interest rates were gradually tightening. If Congress had decided to work together, it would have been even better. Trump has brought tremendous disruption and uncertainty to the equation. My mortgage is higher by $500/mo and my health cost/insurance is higher and now VERY uncertain. Age 60 self employed, 2 person high deductible plan, is nearly $19,000 per year (without any subsidies). That is F'g crazy. What will create the most damage is the divisiveness that is being created and nurtured across nearly every vector imaginable ; Age, wealth, religion, geographic,family, etc. There is no middle ground anymore. Respect for the USA is internationally is very low. China has been given a HUGE boost in and acceleration in its world influence and stature. Lots of damage being done, imho.
Trades with cats

ES 06-18 (2 Minute) 2018_04_05.png
Third time above the overnight high. Bulls better bring some serious cash to this round.
Clueless

Post by Clueless »

victorm wrote:
Clueless wrote:

I wasn't trying to be political so let's not go into politics. I was referring to what is taking place at the moment with regards to the stock market. It is not about Republicans vs Democrats. How can you start a trade war without a plan? Everyone keeps calling his bluffs. So why talk about Obama and hypotheticals? He is done. His books are closed when it comes to the stock market. Are you trying to blame Obama for the economic collapse in his third term? Are you also saying Republicans like what has been happening to the market this year?
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

HAPPY HOUR
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
te_fern

Post by te_fern »

victorm wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
What pattern?
It's on Daniel's article Al_Dente. Day trading hours pattern.
Actually Victorm, Al_dente posted the article. Daniel just responded to it....
This is not investment or trade advice.
victorm

Post by victorm »

Clueless wrote:
victorm wrote:
Clueless wrote:

I wasn't trying to be political so let's not go into politics. I was referring to what is taking place at the moment with regards to the stock market. It is not about Republicans vs Democrats. How can you start a trade war without a plan? Everyone keeps calling his bluffs. So why talk about Obama and hypotheticals? He is done. His books are closed when it comes to the stock market. Are you trying to blame Obama for the economic collapse in his third term? Are you also saying Republicans like what has been happening to the market this year?
All USA used to printing press producing dollars day and night. Sure, good life. Eventually you and your children are going to pay for that reckless....
Trump is my hero ... :D
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

breakout likely.
Attachments
1.png

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

I don't like this, looks like a typical down from range high to test range low... not sure, just don't like seeing this.
Attachments
1.png

Trades with cats

Well the western trading zone is in crisis. We know the banks blew up during the (as they are now calling it) General Financial Crisis. We know now that the central bankers decided someone had to act and they did giving us an unprecedented partial world wide central monetary planning. They did use the tools they had, interest rates and the printing press. The only branch of the dismal science who had a solid theoretical framework for calling this whole thing , the Minskeites, have never been embraced by the main stream. Prof Steve Keen is their current spokesperson. And we really don't know if their solution could have been implemented. Another very well reasoned point of view coming from his experience in Japan is Richard Koo. I think his arguments are very persuasive.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PlqfjmsyFI

Bottom line the Fed used to think Monetary policy could solve anything and they now know they are wrong. So they are trying to back out of the situation they find themselves in. Goldbugs preach day in and out that only hard money is good, but go read Martin Armstrong's site free stuff, (Armstrong economics) and watch him destroy the gold bugs. And he loves gold, has the largest historical coin collection on the planet. Bottom line the hard money guys are pushing their own book.

My bottom line is the world is a very complicated place and no easy one answer solution that fits a sound bite or an infomercial is going to always work.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for today. Friday tomorrow has been generally bull friendly also it's non farm payroll day which favors bulls too. thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow.

before the close, please take a little time to vote for me, thanks. https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/tenpp
Attachments
1.png