Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

09/12/2018 Live Update

daytradingES

Re: 09/12/2018 Live Update

Post by daytradingES »

Trades with cats wrote:I should say I have an automatic function labeling swing highs and lows and have changed the connecting line from a traditional zig zag to that Gann style square blue line. I think it is easier to read. Not that I am going down the Gann rabbit hole, my flirting with Elliot Wave is a bad enough habit! :lol:
You've already been in the rabbit maze - Elliot :-)

In passing nothing on Gann is valid unless you have a consistent scale chart - meaning a hand chart
(unless you know some tech magic I haven't found)
Educational only and not trading advice (EO&NTA) :)
Good trading to all
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

less and less and less and less down volume … that’s bullish
912down vol.png.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Al_Dente wrote:$300 Billion Cash Repatriated in Q1, GS Expects Eventual $1Trillion in Buybacks
In the first quarter alone, multinational enterprises brought home about $300 billion of the $1 trillion held abroad, according to a recent Federal Reserve study. A good chunk of that repatriated money went to share repurchases — for the top 15 cash holders, some $55 billion was used on buybacks, more than double the $23 billion in the fourth quarter of 2017.
https://moneymaven.io/mishtalk/economic ... 2s_etEzGQ/
[add:]
So the buybacks are being done with repatriated cash
?
That's better than debt, right
?
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

Source of funds for buybacks is sort of confusing. The difference is if it is taxed by USA or not. Media calls it overseas profits but actually the money is not held in Europe it is here in dollars. It will be interesting to see how much of the untaxed remains at year end.

I still think eventually a lot of debt on the balance sheet will be trouble. Fed Reserve Governor Lael Brainard, who seems to be the one to deliver the really wonky policy speeches as well as being the unofficial co-vice chair said today that they will be inverting the yield curve. So cheap debt will be going away relatively soon. As well as (according to the big boys) earnings increases, so higher interest payments and steadily declining earnings in the future. Then you can ask how that reduced share count is working out when they explain the per share numbers. :twisted:
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

chatter from the AAPL event:
6.5" iPhone XS Max probably weighs more than Tim Cook.
they think he's wearing triple white Yeezys
XS is the most splendiferous thing on the planet
they haven't announced the price yet...

Couple of interesting stats from Tim Cook:
-Apple Stores now have 500 million visitors per year passing through their doors (not sure if that includes online)
-Apple is "about to" ship its 2 billionth iOS device
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Second time in two days I have read this in two different places:
Hindenberg Omen signs: it’s coming, it’s coming.
That’s like saying Christmas is coming. I see signs that Christmas is coming, it’s coming.
“It ain’t a Hindenberg until it’s a Hindenberg” [paraphrasing Al Brooks], and even then it’s 50/50
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

10yr yield $TNX is approaching 3% (30.00)
Recall the last few times at 3% was “the end of the world”
912tnx.png.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

aapl display.png.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

MacRumorsLive
50 seconds ago

iPhone Xs and Xs Max come in 64, 256, and 512GB sizes.
iPhone Xs pricing starts at $999, iPhone Xs Max pricing starts at $1,099.
Pre-orders Friday, shipping September 21.

iPhone XR ($749)
Apple Watch series 4 ($399)
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

event is over

Apple's rivals typically sell most of their devices for much cheaper. Samsung's smartphone average selling price totaled $373 in the second quarter, while Huawei's was $278, according to Canalys. But some of the cheaper phones Huawei has launched still have higher-end components.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

HAPPY HOUR
handstand.png.png
Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

Twitter Feed says vix smash is what has moved us out of the congestion and into the green, not $400 Apple watches that will tell your kids your heart has stopped.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
brokebybernacke2

Post by brokebybernacke2 »

semis lead tech lead everything else. watchin. everything runnin on fumes, wish knew exactly when gas fully out...soon though.
Attachments
sc.png
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for today. Thursday tomorrow has been mixed. thank you guys, I'll see you in another thread soon.

before the close, please take a little time to vote for me, thanks. https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/tenpp
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.