Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

05/31/2019 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

05/31/2019 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list HERE. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks! If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday.
  • Please, again, all my calls in the daily live update is for intra-day only, they're absolutely invalid when the closing bell rings. If you're interested in the forecast for days and weeks, Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
  • Personal attack on any board members won't be tolerated. Please limit your topic to trade related only.
  • Please no direct link to your personal web site or blog. You must post rich contents here. You can, however, put link to your personal web site or blog as your signature.
  • I'm very busy during the trading hour, so your question posted on board might not be answered. For a guaranteed answer to your question please send email to info@cobrasmarketview.com.
=============================================================================================================================================================================

3 push down, so rebound is due soon if not now.
Attachments
ES60min.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 05/31/2019 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

Clash of the Titans this morning. Buyers at 2752 and another pool down at 2740, neither was large.
Trades with cats

Big liquidity before the open (Bookmap software) ES 2764.50 up to 2769.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

Quick update.

Bull fail.
Another day another gap.

The positive NYMO divergence reported yesterday is being re-aligned to go with price intra-day.
So, divergence gone.
We are back in the turn zone. So, let's see where things close.
We have now had three trips to the turn zone intra-day.
It is telling that bulls are not able to pull of a turn.

My beautiful RTY descending wedge broke down rather than up. Bearish.
These can turn into a channel or they can accelerate. :shock:
I have put a channel on this chart.
The next down gap target is within reach.
Let's see what happens.

I am sitting on my short runners.
NYMO 053119.jpg
Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

One more thing.

At the moment, we are looking at a daily, weekly, monthly close below the 200 day MA.
Not good.
Bulls need to recover this in days ahead before it turns into resistance.
If they do recover, the local low will set the terms for a pass/fail on the test.
ccash04

Post by ccash04 »

Semis working on closing that gap.
ccash04

Post by ccash04 »

Got long here for a bounce back towards 200 dma, quick trade.
Trades with cats

I do not know when pension funds do their re-balancing calculation. I know they did not know about the tweet in advance. But IF they still have 12 billion to deploy there could be a bounce. I am guessing that the New York broker dealer banks will be "helping" them, as well as managing increased corporate buybacks.
Trades with cats

Futures Trader 71 commented this morning that traders have to be pragmatic. So he doubts people would want to hold large positions over the weekend with the threat of a counter tweet or a statement from the Mexican government a very real possibility.

On a second theory, with Softbank and We Work both going to the credit markets rather than doing IPO's I think that is the evidence that the IPO window has closed for Ponzi scheme unicorns. Would also mean that Goldman and friends have less motivation to prop the market. Clear they have all ready gotten much of their own money out.

Third tin foil hat theory is that President is trying to force market down to trigger the Feds put so that money is flowing in advance of the election. If true it is working as rate cut odds are now 90% for the first quarter point cut before year end.
Heck

Post by Heck »

Two Overvalued of Three Option Sentiment Indicators = UP

https://tinyurl.com/y2nmr6hg
Trades with cats

ES 06-19 (2000 Tick) 2019_05_31 (8_38_29 AM).png
I am struggling with trend lines today. Still waiting for the big pool of sellers from before the open to be reached.
ccash04

Post by ccash04 »

Its go time
te_fern

Post by te_fern »

Trades with cats wrote:I do not know when pension funds do their re-balancing calculation. I know they did not know about the tweet in advance. But IF they still have 12 billion to deploy there could be a bounce. I am guessing that the New York broker dealer banks will be "helping" them, as well as managing increased corporate buybacks.
TWC, when I worked for a pension plan we rebalanced the day after a trigger was hit between stocks and bonds. We didn't wait until the end of the month. I would think larger plans managing their own money rebalanced almost immediately, smaller plans using advisors may wait until the end of the month.

We received a report every morning showing where we were relative to rebalancing...
This is not investment or trade advice.
Trades with cats

Twitter feed says the big boys have been buying all morning, assuming covering their shorts.
brokebybernacke2

Post by brokebybernacke2 »

ccash04 wrote:Its go time
bullish reversal? needs to happen and push above this 2760 ish area soon..where is the tweet.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

te_fern wrote:
Trades with cats wrote:I do not know when pension funds do their re-balancing calculation. I know they did not know about the tweet in advance. But IF they still have 12 billion to deploy there could be a bounce. I am guessing that the New York broker dealer banks will be "helping" them, as well as managing increased corporate buybacks.
TWC, when I worked for a pension plan we rebalanced the day after a trigger was hit between stocks and bonds. We didn't wait until the end of the month. I would think larger plans managing their own money rebalanced almost immediately, smaller plans using advisors may wait until the end of the month.
We received a report every morning showing where we were relative to rebalancing...
what was the trigger, boss?
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
ccash04

Post by ccash04 »

brokebybernacke2 wrote:
ccash04 wrote:Its go time
bullish reversal? needs to happen and push above this 2760 ish area soon..where is the tweet.
Looked like it got 4 handles. Thought we would get more squeeze up... oh well agreed need to get above the 2760ish level, I'm looking for a test of 200 dma then who knows. moved up stops to at least get 2 handles of profit.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

probably it's the bear's last chance to make a downtrend day here. strong breakout would be either range day or uptrend day. key time.
Attachments
1.png