Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

06/05/2019 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

06/05/2019 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list HERE. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks! If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday.
  • Please, again, all my calls in the daily live update is for intra-day only, they're absolutely invalid when the closing bell rings. If you're interested in the forecast for days and weeks, Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
  • Personal attack on any board members won't be tolerated. Please limit your topic to trade related only.
  • Please no direct link to your personal web site or blog. You must post rich contents here. You can, however, put link to your personal web site or blog as your signature.
  • I'm very busy during the trading hour, so your question posted on board might not be answered. For a guaranteed answer to your question please send email to info@cobrasmarketview.com.
=============================================================================================================================================================================

the rebound may have legs.
Attachments
ES60min.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 06/05/2019 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

it's morning hourly filled black bar
Attachments
1.png

Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

ES 06-19 (2000 Tick) 2019_06_05 (8_01_21 AM).png
Looks to me like the up move ended around 6 am New York time.
This is the point where I miss BullBear's fib analysis. Coolbiz is looking for a 50 % retrace of the big move up and then on to higher highs.

Personally I think we are in uncharted territory due to central bank activities. The Fed has never crashed money supply as hard and fast as they did. Perhaps a hard policy reset in July would make new highs possible.
Trades with cats

Bouncing on the Over Night low.
:D
Who can tell me when the gap up closes?
Anyone?
Buhler?
Buhler?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

the last chance for bulls here. No strong rebound then at the best it's a range day for bulls.
Attachments
1.png

Trades with cats

Side note.

Several years ago Ben Stein put up an article in which he described his letter to his wife. The letter assumes he has passed away in an untimely manner and it tells her where and how to find the stuff he takes care of. Accounts, passwords, where is the will, what has to happen each month.

If you haven't had to pick up the pieces from the loss of a family member than you may never put something like that together, but it would be a huge help. I have a thin three ring binder on the shelf entitled "A letter for the Girls" (our two daughters). It also serves as what the boat people call a ditch bag, with copies of credit cards, our passports, car titles, birth certificates etc, so if I have to I can grab and run.
QED

Post by QED »

Trades with cats wrote:Side note.

Several years ago Ben Stein put up an article in which he described his letter to his wife. The letter assumes he has passed away in an untimely manner and it tells her where and how to find the stuff he takes care of. Accounts, passwords, where is the will, what has to happen each month.

If you haven't had to pick up the pieces from the loss of a family member than you may never put something like that together, but it would be a huge help. I have a thin three ring binder on the shelf entitled "A letter for the Girls" (our two daughters). It also serves as what the boat people call a ditch bag, with copies of credit cards, our passports, car titles, birth certificates etc, so if I have to I can grab and run.
If your house is ever burglarized, hopefully that person does not have a passion for literature! ;-)

Trades with cats

Ha Ha . Had the same thoughts myself. I was careful to use a cheep plastic notebook and I buried it deep in a section of boring books.

Alternate is a USB drive. I admit we have the fake book as a safe.
Trades with cats

What a surprise that we are bouncing on the century level where all the big funds write insurance options. I wonder how many funds are buying relatively cheep insurance. And when the inevitable article about gamma hedging moving the market comes out. :D
K447

Post by K447 »

Trades with cats wrote:Side note.

Safety Deposit box, or at least somewhere off-site AND secured (like in a family member's safe) may be a better place for your 'map' of what is where, financially.

PLUS all the computer passwords, login and account details, and so on.

Such a document must assume the reader is NOT your trusted family member, but a third party assigned to sort through your affairs. Use full names, not just first names or relationships, when referring to other people.

There are online password systems that have specific provision for sharing access to your login and other info should you become unable (in whatever manner). Some can send you a reminder email every so often, should you stop logging in (say, at least once per week or month). If you still do not respond a message is then sent to the next in line informing them that they can access your info, if they have the correct password info for them.

Of course there is a lot to consider when choosing a provider for thsi sort of thing. And staying on top of keeping the actual info current and complete. I suggest selecting a third party password manager, such as 1Password, and making the effort to use it for as much as possible. Pay them the subscription fees, and use the tools they provide.
K447

Post by K447 »

Trades with cats wrote:Ha Ha . Had the same thoughts myself. I was careful to use a cheep plastic notebook and I buried it deep in a section of boring books.

Alternate is a USB drive. I admit we have the fake book as a safe.
Physical things can go missing, be stolen, or burned.

USB sticks can go bad, just cause. Or be accidently erased or contaminated with malware.

Walk out of the house without smartphone, laptop, binder or anything else. Just yourself.

You should be able to buy a new empty phone and new laptop, never access the house again, and still get back all your important info.

The internet has secure services, resistant to even widespread disaster. All you need is to remember your secure access to that one service. Structure your information world so you can recover everything else from that.

AND so someone else, can, should the need arise, also get access to the important stuff, again without the house or its contents.

The best emergency document is one that you don't have to carry or get. You already have access with you, in your head.

I also have a secure folder on my smartphone with passport scans and such. Again, recoverable from a new blank device, via the cloud.
Last edited by K447 on Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

now clearly a range day. testing range high, key time.
Attachments
1.png

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Usually the VIX divergence works (see “yes”), sometimes not (see “no”).
Right now the INVERTED VIX is putting a cap on the rally (pink dashed line). Yes, they are buying calls, but not enough YET to make an HH on 1/VIX
15m
65vix15.png.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Trades with cats

Side note addendum- All great ideas. Most important is to be up to date and have those who will need to know know where to find. Don't eveyday put working doc's in a safe deposit box. Bank will seal if they see a death notice and wait for the executor.

Good practice is to have your kid spend the summer in Peru and have her purse snatched leaving her with zero documents. Or have her purse snatched in a London pub, leaving her with no documents again. :lol:
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

An ominous note for the bulls. Although price and NYSE A/D are well above their low of the day, NYSE up/down vol is well below where IT was, at the price low.

This is usually indicative of institutional dumping. Retail bids can fade fast when there is that kind of supply exiting.

:|
Trades with cats

Market direction-
Pretzel Logic has four possible valid wave counts going forward. Two mean higher highs, two mean lower lows. This is where Vic Niederhoffer would say the Mistress of the Market must be paid. The big boys will cover their operating costs on the premiums from expired insurance options.
Trades with cats

According to Zero Hedge Charlie with the golden ticket models this morning has the last of the CTA buying coming in at ES 2826, or the overnight high. The CTA's flipping yesterday should have pumped billions into the market. They point out that it goes the opposite way around 2756 or so, so they say you can expect more violent whipsaws.