Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

10/05/2019 Weekend Update

Cobra
Site Admin

10/05/2019 Weekend Update

Post by Cobra »

SPY down 3 weeks in a row, buy at the Friday close, HOLD until the very first up week, you have 77% chances to make money with profit factor 1.9 which is not bad.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
BullBear52x

Re: 10/05/2019 Weekend Update

Post by BullBear52x »

From 'It is what it is Department" Key focus is Trading a range bound market.Internals are bearish and price action is clear we are still in a bullish consolidation phase since the daily buy is not failing, we don't make a new high but the buy has not fail either, the current market moods are fearful and bearish but the price action of the last two days tells me that the liquidity is still good. (not bad yet). Looking at internals I am agreed that this run up will not sustain unless the internals are turning positive quickly. Bullish Percentage (both weekly and daily) is very bearish
1.PNG
59% of SPX stocks are under 20 day moving average.
2.PNG
Daily Short term momentum are still pointing down and bearish.
3.PNG
Lets look at the Only Price Pays activities, a reversal on Thursday got a gap reversal to confirm it. so, for intraday I see nothing to suggest bulls are weakening at all. Monday before market open will be easy to spot, strong opening I believe range low bottom is in for now, a lower trade will be screaming sell intraday. I am leaning bearish in the early part of the week,expecting a pull back no later than Tuesday before heading higher or failing to new low all together.Trend lines that I am looking at right now.
5.PNG
Range Bound market view
4.PNG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
ocassional observer

Deja vu?

Post by ocassional observer »

Haven't we been here before?
Monday is crucial. likely some pullback, if it closes below MA50 a backtest is very likely. If it manages to hold above than this time is different.
041019.jpg
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

PLEASE vote Saturday and Sunday:
https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

SPX PLUS SOME GROUPS HISTORICALLY CONSIDERED LEADING GROUPS, daily:
It takes a bit for these to regain and then better their 20 MAs
Until then, the 20 MA is resistance
105leaders.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

The St. Louis Federal Reserve just added the “Sahm Rule Recession Indicator” to its massive FRED system.
What is it?
The “Sahm Rule Recession Indicator” was developed by FED economist Claudia Sahm. It flags the onset of recession more quickly than the current process … and it aims to be more dependable than some of the other metrics known to throw off false signals.

"… When the three-month average unemployment rate rises half a percentage point above the low of the previous year, the economy has just or is about to enter a period of contraction. It has happened every time since the 1970s. "

NO RED FLAGS YET

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN1WJ12J
Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

Thanks for that recession indicator Pasta Boss. It looks like a good indicator to me, cleanest dirty shirt in the closet sort of thing. I think they are all fraught with peril for several reasons.

Government has stated that the jobs numbers have been too high this year so trouble ahead for the number cruncher s. Other thing is dying unicorns,trucking companies computer makers auto companies and more have all switched to laying off. Just to compound the clouds in the crystal balls we are moving into the season work force hiring period. Well with consumer spending and all the brick and mortar store closings good luck to the Bureau of Labor Statistics on getting the seasonal adjustment factors correct this time. :?