Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

02/04/20220 Live Update

JFR

Re: 02/04/20220 Live Update

Post by JFR »

NQ 5 minute. Up to a new level of resistance.
Last edited by JFR on Fri May 01, 2020 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charts posted are not recommendations. They are just a sharing of information.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

False breakout, too bad. Seems the very first breakout mostly is false no matter how perfect the pattern is.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Long Internals, 5m
The options traders (inverted) gave us a clue when they made a lower high as SPX broke out (red arrows)
24five.png.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Heck

Post by Heck »

Margin Calls, New Lows and New Highs

Don't lie

XOP Target - 48 %
From 19.37 to 10
- 1.84 % Dividend Yield

QQQ Target + 25 %
From 224.652 to 280.35
+ 0.69 % Dividend Yield

Hard to Buy New Highs and Sell New Lows

Can be very profitable

Nicolas Darvas 1960
"How I Made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market"
Actually $2,450,000.00 in 18 months

Dancer Hungarian Holocaust Emigre Self-Taught Box Breakout Trend Following Investor
Danced with sister on stage with Judy Garland and Bob Hope
Last edited by Heck on Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
K447

Post by K447 »

JFR wrote:... You do not offer thanks. You do not include, names, as with, Thank you, K447. You rarely offer any of your own content. It seems to be always as a judgment of the offerings of others.

I updated the data on TSLA for you. You are welcome. ...
Well, I do not directly use the types of data you posted for 'of the moment' trading, so to speak. My comment was more about looking at Tesla as a company transitioning from an operation regarded with suspicion to a company with the potential to be one of the few (automotive) survivors over the next decade or two.

If Tesla can somehow manage to not go out of business, the market apparently thinks they can do well. Short squeeze notwithstanding. By the time Tesla is consistently and deeply profitable (as might be shown in a future version of your tables*), the stock will probably be somewhere far from where it was last year (or even last month).

I do value informed contrarian (to my perspective) input. I expect others would have similar perspective. I tend to post mostly when my input is contrary to the posted material, and not very often of 'I agree'. Which I suppose could be perceived as not being 'constructive'.

Thank you for your feedback, JFR

* For some reason I assumed the posted data tables were not of your own construction but were provided from another online source.
K447

Post by K447 »

Al_Dente wrote:
K447 wrote:.....A while back I did post some info on how I trade and what I look for.....
Please re-post about how you trade and what you look for... short or long term...
That would interest me... and would add value to the board...
Where should I put the post/links that it doesn't scroll off the forum in a few hours or days?
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Jason Goepfert at SentimenTrader notes a CLUSTER of Hindenburg Omens and doesn't like it one bit.
[scroll down to Hindenburg Omen]
free
https://sentimentrader.com/blog/sentime ... report.com
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
JFR

Post by JFR »

K447 wrote:
JFR wrote:... You do not offer thanks. You do not include, names, as with, Thank you, K447. You rarely offer any of your own content. It seems to be always as a judgment of the offerings of others.

I updated the data on TSLA for you. You are welcome. ...
Well, I do not directly use the types of data you posted for 'of the moment' trading, so to speak. My comment was more about looking at Tesla as a company transitioning from an operation regarded with suspicion to a company with the potential to be one of the few (automotive) survivors over the next decade or two.

If Tesla can somehow manage to not go out of business, the market apparently thinks they can do well. Short squeeze notwithstanding. By the time Tesla is consistently and deeply profitable (as might be shown in a future version of your tables*), the stock will probably be somewhere far from where it was last year (or even last month).

I do value informed contrarian (to my perspective) input. I expect others would have similar perspective. I tend to post mostly when my input is contrary to the posted material, and not very often of 'I agree'. Which I suppose could be perceived as not being 'constructive'.

Thank you for your feedback, JFR

* For some reason I assumed the posted data tables were not of your own construction but were provided from another online source.
I am not so obsessive as to create my own financial data tables. The latter table for TSLA was from my TOS broker, which I rarely use these days, but it has good data. I have used a number of different data sites in the last 20 years. Prior to that, it was a case of getting Annual Reports. I loaded the TOS site to update the data. You are welcome, K447.

Contrarian? Not everyone on here is looking to debate or argue. Some of us just post our own content: what we see, think or believe. Contrarian views can be just plain annoying. No one wins a debate. No one changes their view. If you post a contrarian view, I will almost for sure not engage in debate.
Last edited by JFR on Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Charts posted are not recommendations. They are just a sharing of information.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

K447 wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
K447 wrote:.....A while back I did post some info on how I trade and what I look for.....
Please re-post about how you trade and what you look for... short or long term...
Where should I put the post/links that it doesn't scroll off the forum in a few hours or days?
Everything scrolls off. You can post regular UPDATES with charts :D
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Chart for the road: Fearful market, the momentum was good today, TRIN is with the bulls now, but fear is still lurking on 16 and above MA. for that bulls beware. Peace!
Attachments
1.PNG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

I value Contrarian views
the ones different from mine
keeps me thinking
etc
Contrarian views that are thoughtfully explained and charted are valuable and are very different from sniping
K447

Post by K447 »

Al_Dente wrote:
K447 wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
I shall consider how to do so in a manner which would provide value here.

Re-posting extremely similar charts for multiple days (or weeks) while something sets up (or fails to go) seems like a poor use of other people's bandwidth. And my own
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

K447 wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
K447 wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
I shall consider how to do so in a manner which would provide value here.

Re-posting extremely similar charts for multiple days (or weeks) while something sets up (or fails to go) seems like a poor use of other people's bandwidth. And my own
""Re-posting extremely similar charts for multiple days (or weeks) while something sets up (or fails to go)...""
That's what we all do..........
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Well, guess that's it for today. Here's what Wednesday looks like: https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/ ... /533449381

Thank you guys, I'll see you in another thread soon.

Before the close, please take a little time to vote for me, thanks: https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/ ... /533449381

Heck

Post by Heck »

MAR Target + 56 %
From 143.36 to 224.25
+ 1.3 % Dividend

Bot some on market close pullback