Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

09/28/2011 Intraday Watering

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 09/28/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by Cobra »

thanks ladies and guys.

I may not answer any question today. :(

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
BullTart

Post by BullTart »

After cashing in my TVIX positions from last Thursday, I've been sitting in cash waiting... side-stepped this most recent run up altogether.

I'm back in with freshly loaded TVIX positions.

We have approached the 80 week SMA once more, and that has been beating down the S&P everytime we make it back to its vicinity.

Now, time to wait and see what happens here.

Get better Cobra. Think I'm coming down with a cold as well.
99er

Post by 99er »

soku

Post by soku »

Last Friday before close, I raised the question: "where the money go?"
something fishy. gold and silver crashed, but where the money go? not in bond not in equity. i want to follow the smart money, but i first need to find them.
a conspiracy interpretation, they r waiting for the meetings this weekend. with the money escaped from metal market, i will say it could easily push spx up for 100-120 points
to like 1240-1260. of course the measurement will be similar if heading down.

Now is time to look back. With the extreme bearish sentiment in the market, where the bulls have become bears,where my favorite trader since yesterday is calling the collapse of the World with GS ruling, the set up for a huge squeeze is here. as I expected, the move up this morning was brutal, and killed many of the new “smart” shorts.
Technically since SPX hit 1195 level, which is just inch shy to my minimum target of 1198-1200 , the rebound can be considered satisfied. I think the brutal part is gone. It may move up a little bit or just correct at current level. It will be a small possibility case that SPX to challenge 1240-1260 maximum target.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
zudec

Post by zudec »

hope u feel better soon Cobra
wayne0708

Post by wayne0708 »

Cobra:
Have some rest. Gotta think big here because we need you for long haul, not just one day.
Stay well.
KENA

Post by KENA »

COBRA..Are you Familiar with Guangzhou China..Young son will be leaving Fri and will be giving a couple of talks there at the Univ.or somewhere in that area.Hope you get well soon.
ultramarine

Post by ultramarine »

More upside to the Euro this morning. The market can't decline until it reverses.

Get well soon Cobra.
uempel

Post by uempel »

Cobra, I know what kind of food lifts your spirits, I suggest you eat some mice :D
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (4.85 KiB) Viewed 5872 times
EvilTrader

Post by EvilTrader »

get better snakeman. :lol:

This place needs a chief. :lol:
soku

Post by soku »

uempel wrote:Cobra, I know what kind of food lifts your spirits, I suggest you eat some mice :D
images.jpeg
u think cobra can eat those cute mice? u evil :mrgreen:
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
Bencat

Post by Bencat »

Cobra wrote:First of all I'm sick today, actually since yesterday, so I may not post a lot comment today, but the daily report will be there no matter what. Thanks.

Flat open, so any gap will be filled. AS OF NOW, global ES does not look good, if the overnight rebound fails here and breakdown the support below, because it can be seen as a failed test of the previous high therefore imply a trend change (so called 1-2-3 trend change), so the blue line below is the key to watch.
1.png
Take care, Cobra. Health is more important than other thing!
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Anecdotal only:
Whale watching:
Mark Mobius “doesn’t think" the dollar strength will hold much longer.
He’s been investing in dollar influenced globals since 1987 when he was a pup at Mr. Templeton’s heels.
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

soku wrote:Last Friday before close, I raised the question: "where the money go?"
something fishy. gold and silver crashed, but where the money go? not in bond not in equity. i want to follow the smart money, but i first need to find them.
a conspiracy interpretation, they r waiting for the meetings this weekend. with the money escaped from metal market, i will say it could easily push spx up for 100-120 points

Now is time to look back. With the extreme bearish sentiment in the market, where the bulls have become bears,where my favorite trader since yesterday is calling the collapse of the World with GS ruling, the set up for a huge squeeze is here. as I expected, the move up this morning was brutal, and killed many of the new “smart” shorts.
Technically since SPX hit 1195 level, which is just inch shy to my minimum target of 1198-1200 , the rebound can be considered satisfied. I think the brutal part is gone. It may move up a little bit or just correct at current level. It will be a small possibility case that SPX to challenge 1240-1260 maximum target.
The gold sell off was in response to the FED and "operation twist" -- which is not a QE tool. QE tend to lower the value of the dollar. As the dollar is debased the value of gold rises. No QE, traders take profits and buy dollars.
AK84

Post by AK84 »

Paging Jarbo!

Time to add to SINA
SB73

Post by SB73 »

Emerging Markets weak...Small Caps weak. Rally shouldn't exceed 1190.
silicon_beaver

Post by silicon_beaver »

Cobra, you will be missed. take care.
Try to survive with your absence.
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

Mongoose wrote:
soku wrote:Last Friday before close, I raised the question: "where the money go?"

The gold sell off was in response to the FED and "operation twist" -- which is not a QE tool. QE tend to lower the value of the dollar. As the dollar is debased the value of gold rises. No QE, traders take profits and buy dollars.
I also think you have to take into account that the precious metals sell-off was at least in part due to the anticipated margin hike which was announced post close last week. I know at least a few desks on the street which considered it, as mongoose said, a confluence event to take profits, and watch as retailers got crushed in the anticipated margin hike.
ultramarine

Post by ultramarine »

An important back test of the Euro break out of the falling trend line yesterday. If it stays above the line, then it points to more upside to equities. If it falls below the line at 1.36ish, then we could retrace lower.

euro09.28.2011.png
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

jarbo456 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

I also think you have to take into account that the precious metals sell-off was at least in part due to the anticipated margin hike which was announced post close last week. I know at least a few desks on the street which considered it, as mongoose said, a confluence event to take profits, and watch as retailers got crushed in the anticipated margin hike.
Very good point, too.
Most everything is about the price of money.
Last edited by Mongoose on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.