Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

10/05/2011 Intraday Watering

AK84

Re: 10/05/2011 Trading Signals

Post by AK84 »

i see spx going up MAXXXXX to 1143 )(hourly 50dma resistance)-1160 (daily 20dma resistance)...1163 also corresponds nicely with a backtest of the consolidation and bear flag range.
agnosia

Post by agnosia »

ok got stopped out at 1125 for a measly 1 point profit on /es. done for today, i got a headache. see u guys , good luck trading :)
alvian33

Post by alvian33 »

agnosia wrote:ok got stopped out at 1125 for a measly 1 point profit on /es. done for today, i got a headache. see u guys , good luck trading :)
see you!
cougar

Post by cougar »

VIX did not break 39, but traders have a great appetite for VIX Oct. 35 puts, which are already overpriced…
But they might be wrong…
Attachments
vixGIF.GIF
AK84

Post by AK84 »

jarbo456 wrote:i don't think the low is in, but i'm still long the market right now. anyone in that camp?
I am ...I closed 90% of my shorts this morning on the dip. Expected weakness this morning that I figured would get bought up. Holding calls on AAPL GOOG and WYNN as of yday and added more today. not bad so far :)

Yo Jarbo...u in NYC right ? We should meet up and grab a drink dude!
:D
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

waverider wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:bullish internals
annotated
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SPY&p= ... =245336889
Do you always draw the $nyadv line at 2000 to long?
Thanks wave
No. $NYADV uptrend with no negative divergence = go long
If/when NYADV holds above 2000 and goes higher, it is the loose “definition” of a “bull trend” day, as opposed to a “choppy” day or a “range” day
It may pullback below 2000 for a correction, but I hate corrections, and I hate any day that pretends to be bull but can’t get the advancers above 2000
Same in reverse for $NYDEC

I also use it for my own personal rules (my rules only… others have better rules, etc.)
NO juiced ETFs on a “chop” day
Use juiced ETFs only on “trend” day
Eg: if advancers chop around below 2000, I must use UYG instead of FAS if I want that trade.
Same in reverse for bear day but the decliners are dickin around below 2000, I look to SDS instead of SPXU, etc
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
wayne0708

Post by wayne0708 »

consolidation! no good for bears
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

AK84 wrote:
jarbo456 wrote:i don't think the low is in, but i'm still long the market right now. anyone in that camp?
I am ...I closed 90% of my shorts this morning on the dip. Expected weakness this morning that I figured would get bought up. Holding calls on AAPL GOOG and WYNN as of yday and added more today. not bad so far :)

yeah man i am. and sure, we can have a little nyc meetup. but in a few days when i get over the 6 manhattans i had last night...;)

do you work or is this your thing from home?
AK84

Post by AK84 »

jarbo456 wrote:
AK84 wrote:

yeah man i am. and sure, we can have a little nyc meetup. but in a few days when i get over the 6 manhattans i had last night...;)

hahaha nicee one man ! i live in hells kitchen! nah man ...i wish this was my full time thing but i do have a real job too !.....oh well ..one day ill be able to do this fulltime!

lets def catch up ! send me ur digits and name in a PM :)
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

target 111.5 there should be a buyer there.
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
waverider

Post by waverider »

Al_Dente wrote:
waverider wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:bullish internals
annotated
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SPY&p= ... =245336889
Do you always draw the $nyadv line at 2000 to long?
Thanks wave
No. $NYADV uptrend with no negative divergence = go long
If/when NYADV holds above 2000 and goes higher, it is the loose “definition” of a “bull trend” day, as opposed to a “choppy” day or a “range” day
It may pullback below 2000 for a correction, but I hate corrections, and I hate any day that pretends to be bull but can’t get the advancers above 2000
Same in reverse for $NYDEC

I also use it for my own personal rules (my rules only… others have better rules, etc.)
NO juiced ETFs on a “chop” day
Use juiced ETFs only on “trend” day
Eg: if advancers chop around below 2000, I must use UYG instead of FAS if I want that trade.
Same in reverse for bear day but the decliners are dickin around below 2000, I look to SDS instead of SPXU, etc
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore
flight23

Post by flight23 »

This looks interesting... supporting an intermediate term low yesterday with a bull trend beginning.
http://www.marketanthropology.com/2011/ ... ction.html
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

AK84 wrote:
jarbo456 wrote:
AK84 wrote:

hahaha nicee one man ! i live in hells kitchen! nah man ...i wish this was my full time thing but i do have a real job too !.....oh well ..one day ill be able to do this fulltime!

lets def catch up ! send me ur digits and name in a PM :)
hey hey! this IS a real job! ;) and this is my fulltime gig. :D
zudec

Post by zudec »

CognitiveDissonance wrote:
BullTart wrote:What's interesting here is that equities are up but the dollar is not tanking.

I started noticing this before... and back on Monday, that's what smelled fishy to me. Dollar wasn't playing along with the moves. Something was changing. It was enough for me to cash out and see what transpired from the sidelines.

This could be a very important change.

Equities might go up ALONG with the dollar, as money comes into the US equities market.

Why? Because just like the dollar, even though it sucks, it's still better than the alternative equity markets in Europe and now China and Asia. It's "relatively" good. It is easier to print money here than it is in Europe. etc. etc.
Exactly.

Although on the wave count, I'm thinking we're in a 4 up.
Agree and am legging into SMN...your thoughts?
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

more likely a breakout, tinted area as text book target for Ascending Triangle or C&H.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
alvian33

Post by alvian33 »

cobra, short at today close if up, still valid? thanks
Jennyahwu

Post by Jennyahwu »

Cobra wrote:more likely a breakout, tinted area as text book target for Ascending Triangle or C&H.
Cobra, do u still think the close will be red? thanks
CognitiveDissonance

Post by CognitiveDissonance »

zudec wrote:
BullTart wrote:What's interesting here is that equities are up but the dollar is not tanking.

I started noticing this before... and back on Monday, that's what smelled fishy to me. Dollar wasn't playing along with the moves. Something was changing. It was enough for me to cash out and see what transpired from the sidelines.

Equities might go up ALONG with the dollar, as money comes into the US equities market.

Why? Because just like the dollar, even though it sucks, it's still better than the alternative equity markets in Europe and now China and Asia. It's "relatively" good. It is easier to print money here than it is in Europe. etc. etc.
Exactly.

SMN?

Sorry, still working on the acronyms for the board.
@cognitivebias1
gabor

Post by gabor »

zudec wrote:

Exactly.

The correlation between the dollar and eqities is still strong. Sooner or later SP will follow the dollar, I guess.
tapesense

Post by tapesense »

Bias pivot for SPY swings is Oct 1 high, intraday ES 1109. Targets up 1136 & 46