Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

01/17/2023 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

01/17/2023 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list HERE. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks! If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday.
  • Please, again, all my calls in the daily live update is for intra-day only, they're absolutely invalid when the closing bell rings. If you're interested in the forecast for days and weeks, Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
  • Personal attack on any board members won't be tolerated. Please limit your topic to trade related only.
  • Please no direct link to your personal web site or blog. You must post rich contents here. You can, however, put link to your personal web site or blog as your signature.
  • I'm very busy during the trading hour, so your question posted on board might not be answered. For a guaranteed answer to your question please send email to cobra@cobrasmarketview.com.
=============================================================================================================================================================================

Triangle so bias is a little bit up (51%).
Attachments
ES60min.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
JFR

Re: 01/17/2023 Live Update

Post by JFR »

ES daily.

Nice breakout a few days ago. But it has stalled. Another doji today so far.

2023-01-17_06-03-54.png
Charts posted are not recommendations. They are just a sharing of information.
JFR

Post by JFR »

ES 60 minutes.

That is a whole lot of chop. Ugly.

2023-01-17_06-07-10.png
JFR

Post by JFR »

ES 5 minutes.

My gawd. More chop. Uggghh. Leee.

There might be some scalps in there, but it is ugly.

2023-01-17_06-08-29.png
Serenity

Post by Serenity »

This is just a test. Please don't trade based on my text. it might be wrong. I have been watching this index and when Cobra calls it uptrand or downtrand daily. I just want to see how accurate is. Selling started.
JFR

Post by JFR »

Serenity wrote:This is just a test. Please don't trade based on my text. it might be wrong. I have been watching this index and when Cobra calls it uptrand or downtrand daily. I just want to see how accurate is. Selling started.
Why put pressure on Cobra? Make your own calls.
JFR

Post by JFR »

GLD.

Not a recommendation. But there are worse things out there.

2023-01-17_06-51-05.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

OEX-100 large caps, intraday, sorted by reds
Banks down
EXCEPT MS up +4.6% (not shown)
Screenshot 2023-01-17 075025.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Serenity

Post by Serenity »

JFR wrote:
Serenity wrote:This is just a test. Please don't trade based on my text. it might be wrong. I have been watching this index and when Cobra calls it uptrand or downtrand daily. I just want to see how accurate is. Selling started.
Cobra's calls are remarkable. This is the reason I joined to his blog. I just want to know when he calls up trend or down trend. How long does it take to show on my screen vs his screen. He has stockchart and I do too. He always calls are based on what he sees during the trading hours. I am not trying to be disrespectful or anyone.
Last edited by Serenity on Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
JFR

Post by JFR »

Serenity wrote:
JFR wrote:
Cobra's calls are remarkable. This is the reason I joined to his blog. I just want to know when she calls up trend or down trend. How long does it take to show on my screen. He has stockchart and I do too. He call his trend based on what he sees and his expertise. I am not trying to be disrespectful or anyone.
"I have been watching this index"

Show the index. Leave other posters out of your "tests."
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Serenity

Post by Serenity »

When I pile up the information, I share the information with Cobra. This is his blog and I started with " This is just a test." it might fail or pass. I don't know yet.
JFR

Post by JFR »

Serenity wrote:When I pile up the information, I share the information with Cobra. This is his blog and I started with " This is just a test." it might fail or pass. I don't know yet.
Show the index that you mentioned.

Make your own calls.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Serenity wrote:
JFR wrote:
Cobra's calls are remarkable. This is the reason I joined to his blog. I just want to know when he calls up trend or down trend. How long does it take to show on my screen vs his screen. He has stockchart and I do too. He always calls are based on what he sees during the trading hours. I am not trying to be disrespectful or anyone.

You mean when I call uptrend/downtrend day? For downtrend day, just forget about it because there're always a sharp rebound before the close, so cannot simply short and hold. For the uptrend day, the most cases you can just buy and hold till the close. But it's not a bad idea to book some profits when first touches the EMA20 and rebounded as sometimes the rebound after the 1st touch of EMA20 is the last push up.

Serenity

Post by Serenity »

Cobra wrote:
Serenity wrote:
JFR wrote:

You mean when I call uptrend/downtrend day? For downtrend day, just forget about it because there're always a sharp rebound before the close, so cannot simply short and hold. For the uptrend day, the most cases you can just buy and hold till the close. But it's not a bad idea to book some profits when first touches the EMA20 and rebounded as sometimes the rebound after the 1st touch of EMA20 is the last push up.
Thanks Cobra. This was a test for today. Not intend to push the pressure on you. Your calls are remarkable. When I compile enough information, I share it with you.
ccash04

Post by ccash04 »

Dollar up, Rates Up, Stocks also up... seems suspect, I am playing for a rug pull, hoping to retest 393 but it is just hope
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Serenity wrote:
Cobra wrote:
Serenity wrote:
JFR wrote:

Thanks Cobra. This was a test for today. Not intend to push the pressure on you. Your calls are remarkable. When I compile enough information, I share it with you.
Test for today? I don't recall today I called uptrend day today.

If you mean the comment premarket, that's just a comment. Judging trend by using overnight ES is not reliable. Besides, it already broke the triangle on the upside, the call was over and fulfilled.

I think I know who you're now...

JFR

Post by JFR »

CLF. Steel producer. Founded in 1847. HQ in Cleveland, Ohio.

CLF has good value with a P/E of 4.58. In my opinion.

Not recommending. Not holding at this time.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. operates as a flat-rolled steel producer in North America. The company offers carbon steel products, such as hot-rolled, cold-rolled, electrogalvanized, hot-dip galvanized, hot-dip galvannealed, aluminized, enameling, and advanced high-strength steel products; stainless steel products; plates; and grain oriented and non-oriented electrical steel products. It also provides tubular components, including carbon steel, stainless steel, and electric resistance welded tubing. In addition, the company offers tinplate products, such as electrolytic tin coated and chrome coated sheet, and tin mill products; tooling and sampling; raw materials; ingots, rolled blooms, and cast blooms; and hot-briquetted iron products. Further, it owns five iron ore mines in Minnesota and Michigan. The company serves automotive, infrastructure and manufacturing, distributors and converters, and steel producers. Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. was formerly known as Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. and changed its name to Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. in August 2017. The company was founded in 1847 and is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. -- Yahoo Finance
2023-01-17_07-32-43.png
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

You can see: "Triangle, bias is up" already fulfilled. Why still testing? I never meant it should go up for the day or even days.
ES60min.png
Check this post for why I tried to explain the call premarket was fulfilled: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5541&p=311482#p311482

Please note every call has a time frame, you cannot, say, a call is just for the next couple of minutes/hours, but you back a month later, saying, hey, your call was a total disaster, the market down a lot in a month! :D

Serenity

Post by Serenity »

Cobra,
The test is for me and the index that I have been watch during the day. I just wanted to tested today, my bad. I did not want anyone shorting based what I have been seeing at the beginning of market opened. I have no intention of challenging anyone.
I meant all your comments, calls remarkable, not today's ES. Everyone knows ES is not reliable. My apology.
I don't want to take anyone's time with prolonging this conversation.