Nice close, bull :D
tdo722

Re: 10/21/2011 Intraday Comment

Post by tdo722 »

Thank you Cobra. have a nice wkn!
simpletrader

Post by simpletrader »

break out confirmed, bear need to take a rest unill 200 sma.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

PAGING BUSHWAFFLE
Bushie: r u for real…. If so….yr music GOOD

PAGING COBRA AND ALL BOARDERS
Thank u for great week
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
waverider

Post by waverider »

Al_Dente wrote:
waverider wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:PAGING WAVERIDER
SECOND squeeze attempt fails….. short covering not convincing here (cougar)
But it is only 3:25ET… and if nyadv stays sticky at >2500 (not my opinon here, data is god) can not rule out another run
I'll probably never try that again with nyadv >2000, making a mental note, was big resistance though.
I thought at first u were surfin-safari wave, or tsunami, today I know 4 sure u elliott
U click on bushwaffles music? He is talented dude
those SOBs tryin 2 run em into the close
Haha, never surfed a wave that big, only small ones a few times. I do like Elliot, he was a genius. No, I'll have to check his stuff out, enjoy the weekend! :)
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore
pady

Post by pady »

This is a big bull wave guys. Low was at 122.70. Matches 61.8 timeline also of previous wave 1. So target seems 126.8 for this wave 5.
seekingknowledge

Post by seekingknowledge »

Hi sk,

I hope you haven't took off for the weekend yet. I was wondering what are you using for sl and trailing sl. are you implementing atr in your setup?[/quote]

Hope YOU didn't take off! ;) No, I am not implementing atr in my setup. I should probably consider this. I don't have a set stop-loss. I wait for stochastics signal to tell me when to get out. For trailing stop-loss, it depends on price. I don't use a % on stop-loss. In the case of today's trade, I used a .20 cent trail on my sell. Wish I would have made it higher. The big boys played BIG games today. I sure could have made a lot more money if stayed in, BUT one never knows so you must always obey your signals. Hey, walked away with nice profit. I'm still happy, just a little annoyed with the turnaround!
ultramarine

Post by ultramarine »

seekingknowledge wrote:Hi sk,

I hope you haven't took off for the weekend yet. I was wondering what are you using for sl and trailing sl. are you implementing atr in your setup?
Hope YOU didn't take off! ;) No, I am not implementing atr in my setup. I should probably consider this. I don't have a set stop-loss. I wait for stochastics signal to tell me when to get out. For trailing stop-loss, it depends on price. I don't use a % on stop-loss. In the case of today's trade, I used a .20 cent trail on my sell. Wish I would have made it higher. The big boys played BIG games today. I sure could have made a lot more money if stayed in, BUT one never knows so you must always obey your signals. Hey, walked away with nice profit. I'm still happy, just a little annoyed with the turnaround!
Thanks again for your help and have a good weekend.
seekingknowledge

ultramarine wrote:

I hope you haven't took off for the weekend yet. I was wondering what are you using for sl and trailing sl. are you implementing atr in your setup?
Thanks again for your help and have a good weekend.
Thanks, ultramarine! You, too! Hoping for a gap-down on Monday, so I can jump in again, but will wait for stochastics to kick in. Patience! We still have a gap on the Russell to fill. Perhaps Monday will be the fill. :evil: That's my evil plan (hope).
tdo722

Post by tdo722 »

Hope YOU didn't take off! ;) No, I am not implementing atr in my setup. I should probably consider this. I don't have a set stop-loss. I wait for stochastics signal to tell me when to get out. For trailing stop-loss, it depends on price. I don't use a % on stop-loss. In the case of today's trade, I used a .20 cent trail on my sell. Wish I would have made it higher. The big boys played BIG games today. I sure could have made a lot more money if stayed in, BUT one never knows so you must always obey your signals. Hey, walked away with nice profit. I'm still happy, just a little annoyed with the turnaround![/quote]

thank you sk and enjoy your weekend. a green day is a green day. only made 1% today but I'm happy. :)
tdo722

Post by tdo722 »

Also, one more thing, I'd like to mention is overbought/oversold works great when we're in a whipsaw/sideway but once we're in a trend then MA is best. :)

Cheers.
seekingknowledge

tdo722 wrote:Also, one more thing, I'd like to mention is overbought/oversold works great when we're in a whipsaw/sideway but once we're in a trend then MA is best. :)

Cheers.
Spot on! Thanks for this. Many will appreciate it!!! :D Well, said.
HighRev

Re: 10/21/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by HighRev »

Another green week in stocks. Red in PMs and USD. Go figure. ;) (Productive vs. Passive theme again.)

Continuation buy signals for me on the U.S. majors except for the NDX and COMPQ. Go figure. ;) (Could be a rotational play here.)

I think we can say those were nice breakouts on the DJIA and DJT. (Dow Theory)
coralla

Post by coralla »

Thanks, Cobra. I learn a lot from you. Trading is tough we all know that. So it's not your fault to see anything paradoxical and share it with us! And you are right most of the time.

Spy now is out of trading range fomed last two months. Weekly chart I see a follow through and left last week's gap 115.71~117.67 not filled, which is a continuation gap. By calculation the target should be at 125.9. If it is a strong trend, maybe the top is far beyond that. However, Apple is weak and the top should be already in. If next Wedsday we get to 125ish, something may occurs more bearish.
rocstocktrader

Post by rocstocktrader »

Stock market article: “Forget The European Bailout, Follow The U.S. Dollar Index”

http://stk.ly/qYFCaS