Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

Weekend Watering

vats

Re: Weekend Watering

Post by vats »

Thank you all for great charts and analysis! Look forward to tomorrow...
rocstocktrader

Post by rocstocktrader »

Stock market article: “In Europe It’s Getting Personal…Weekend Update Video”

http://stk.ly/qYFCaS
99er

Post by 99er »

cougar

Post by cougar »

Good morning Snakes!

Let’s say a few words about VIX. I think that the 30 min and the 130 min charts, when taken together, are helpful if one doesn’t rush into trading ambiguous setups, but waits for confirmation. Unfortunately, right now we might be in the middle of a whipsaw, where we should wait for clarity. But, since perfect neutrality with VIX is impossible, I still keep a weak BUY VIX bias for a swing trade…Why? Because the BUY VIX signal was coherent and synchronous on both charts.

On both charts, Da Boyz parked VIX in “no man’s land” for the weekend. Moreover, a close support at VIX~30 is suggested on both charts, by distinct criteria.

CAVEAT: a lot of people watch that ~30 level now: not only freelance TA analysts, but also the talking heads of CNBC, like Pisani and other WS lapdogs…and, when too many people “believe” in something... ”it ain’t gonna happen”!
Attachments
vix30gif.GIF
vixGIF.GIF
cougar

Post by cougar »

SPY fast Renko: update after the BUY signal posted on Friday, at new MM level 6/8 (green).
“Pinocchio Wave” after hours = ?
Attachments
SPYgif.GIF
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Follow the Money, as many of us believe that carry trade is playing important roll in short term trading directional, Euro/Usd have been leading indicator for quite some times now. what to look for.
1 Euro/Usd, Third time is the charm at critical 1.38? Top chart. break out will be bullish for short term equity market.
2 DBV, Bull flag at critical 24.00, middle chart. break out will be bullish for short term equity market.
3 UUP, Descending Triangle, critical at 21.5. break down will be bullish for short term equity market.

stay focus, no position is position.GLTA
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

cougar wrote:Good morning Snakes!

Let’s say a few words about VIX. I think that the 30 min and the 130 min charts, when taken together, are helpful if one doesn’t rush into trading ambiguous setups, but waits for confirmation. Unfortunately, right now we might be in the middle of a whipsaw, where we should wait for clarity. But, since perfect neutrality with VIX is impossible, I still keep a weak BUY VIX bias for a swing trade…Why? Because the BUY VIX signal was coherent and synchronous on both charts.

On both charts, Da Boyz parked VIX in “no man’s land” for the weekend. Moreover, a close support at VIX~30 is suggested on both charts, by distinct criteria.

CAVEAT: a lot of people watch that ~30 level now: not only freelance TA analysts, but also the talking heads of CNBC, like Pisani and other WS lapdogs…and, when too many people “believe” in something... ”it ain’t gonna happen”!
Nice charts, captain obvious it is at 30.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
ocassional observer

Post by ocassional observer »

for fun i'll give a go on combining cobra's view with spx monthly chart. as the monthly chart shows, if the month ends here we have a reversal and so the bear market thesis doesn't hold. so the month must end below about 1210 which is both the top of last month and the bolinger band middle. that will be the first pullback. then the market will retry to make a new top while making a negative divergence followed by a substantial drop. as i said, just for fun. in any case i will short anything above 1250 unless the impossible happen, and the market just races to the stars while europe does a baron munchausen and pulls itself from the head with its own hand.
cougar

Post by cougar »

ocassional observer wrote:for fun i'll give a go on combining cobra's view with spx monthly chart. as the monthly chart shows, if the month ends here we have a reversal and so the bear market thesis doesn't hold. so the month must end below about 1210 which is both the top of last month and the bolinger band middle. that will be the first pullback. then the market will retry to make a new top while making a negative divergence followed by a substantial drop. as i said, just for fun. in any case i will short anything above 1250 unless the impossible happen, and the market just races to the stars while europe does a baron munchausen and pulls itself from the head with its own hand.
1250 you say? Sure… why not!? Hmm, could THEY just gap over the busy zone above the Friday closing ? Not that easy… but, as you say, maybe THEY will fly on baron Münchausen’s cannonball!

BTW: looking at this chart it occurred to me, again, what a good idea it is to ACT AT RETEST, in either direction!
Attachments
SPX130gif.GIF
rhight

Post by rhight »

BullBear52x wrote:Follow the Money, as many of us believe that carry trade is playing important roll in short term trading directional, Euro/Usd have been leading indicator for quite some times now.
3 UUP, Descending Triangle, critical at 21.5. break down will be bullish for short term equity market.
BullBear52x, good points. Although, I want to draw attention to the difference between the UUP ETF, and the USD Index. As might be expected, the ETF underperforms the Index, as the ETF companies must extract a profit. On the following chart you can see how the Index has not broken horizontal support, but the UUP ETF has. This is a result of the underperformance of the ETF (challenges please). I do monitor UUP because it updates intraday, but I also keep a USD index chart that updates EOD because I believe it is more accurate over longer time frames. Please feel free to differ with my opinion.
SPX 10-21-11 USD temp.png
Swing to Intermediate SPX Analysis - multiple time frame - Daily & 60 min time and price cycle analysis.
Usually trade SSO / SDS