Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

10/27/2011 Intraday Watering

uempel

Re: 10/27/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by uempel »

Red Andrews Fork pointing to 1282. I thought the market would halt at 1270ish, but this thing is determined to climb higher :roll:
RedAF.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

dakuki wrote:I am astounded by how many people here can make so many assumptions of where they think the market has to go without truly substantiating their claims with any well-document charts, etc. It seems like we are at in pit hole in some sort of medieval market-square. Its a nuisance because there often are excellent contributions that get lost in the endless chatter. I would very much welcome a bit less postings but keep the well founded one coming!
We await your first post that “adds value” to this board
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

breakout target.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Al_Dente wrote:
dakuki wrote:I am astounded by how many people here can make so many assumptions of where they think the market has to go without truly substantiating their claims with any well-document charts, etc. It seems like we are at in pit hole in some sort of medieval market-square. Its a nuisance because there often are excellent contributions that get lost in the endless chatter. I would very much welcome a bit less postings but keep the well founded one coming!
O'oh I see a recommendation of IGNOR bar coming Yike! lets hit the music Dr. Al
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
uempel

Post by uempel »

Cobra wrote:
uempel wrote:60 min shows nice channel going back to August - looks like the channel was broken to the upside :o
PINKS&P.png
so are you going to cover your shorts? :lol:
I covered half, even made big money: 300! I'll buy you a drink tonite.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

noob wrote:
Cobra wrote:
Be4chst wrote:Anyone care to comment on the megaphone pattern? Has it already been broken to the upside?
i see it as unconfirmed.
Also yesterday Cobra said if huge up today, then it's a good chance of near term top because of overbought, still valid?

Based on the 3 push pattern, we'd see pull back, then re-test high but weaker before sizable drop. Is that the new evil plan?
still valid. Why invalid?

Yes, the new plan would like that. In this way, you can keep guessing the top but won't lose a dime.

ActiveTrader

Post by ActiveTrader »

When the Short-term STEM (from http://www.sentimentrader.com) gets overbought like it is now (see attachment), there is usually a short-term correction soon to follow. Usually within 1 to 2 days.
ShorttermSTEM.png
tdo722

Post by tdo722 »

ActiveTrader wrote:When the Short-term STEM (from http://www.sentimentrader.com) gets overbought like it is now (see attachment), there is usually a short-term correction soon to follow. Usually within 1 to 2 days.
ShorttermSTEM.png
totally agree but I'm not betting until s&p is at or near 1293.
mac769

Post by mac769 »

Cobra wrote:
mac769 wrote:
Cobra wrote:new intraday high after 10:30am ET, so 90% chances Close > Open today. try not to fight the trend unless you know what you're doing.
Hi Cobra, just a small question, how can you get the VWAP being displayed on stockcharts.com?

thanks for all your work
i assume you mean the vwap readings, not the line, right.

just enable full quote.

if you mean vwap line, you can find it in overlay.

vwap useful? seems pople here likee.
thanks, now I can see it :)
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Apple

Post by Apple »

Al_Dente wrote:
Well said!
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

PAGING BB52
Don’t know what u mean ignor bar?
If u don’t request mood, genre, or era, u just get what’s on now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbKlvWvpD2g
wayne0708

Post by wayne0708 »

stockcycle wrote:This statistic is for fun: Condition to screen SPX had a day down then up from 1-1.5% the next day (like yesterday) then up more than 2.5% (may be like today). Buy at close today (collum 3) and to see the next day (collum 4). The screening data from Jan 02 1950. We can see the 8/11 is the positive.
very interesting stat, but could you add more data points to this set as I would like to see if there was any trend or human psychological pattern for up days like to day. With small sample size it is hard to draw any conclusion.
StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

Wave 4 Running Flat. Wave 5 target 1290.
Attachments
Sp500W5.png
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Al_Dente wrote:PAGING BB52
Don’t know what u mean ignor bar?
If u don’t request mood, genre, or era, u just get what’s on now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbKlvWvpD2g
the program button that if you'd like to ignore a poster you can click on it so you don't have to deal with his/her uncommon believe :lol:
Thanks for the song, slow love song can not go wrong.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
grachu

Post by grachu »

cobra do you see any pull back at the closing or moving higher ? your feeling ...
h2oskier

Post by h2oskier »

BB52 and Al,

Its a crass song, but its definitely the strength of the up trend...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JuS5AwR5Xg

Anyone notice how there is such great movement in everything but the VIX really has not dropped and TVIX is only down 5% from open...
tdo722

Post by tdo722 »

StrikePrice wrote:Wave 4 Running Flat. Wave 5 target 1290.
your count is a little different than mine. I count on 1hr TF and wave 3 ends at 1293 minimum. then wave 4 down from there to correct anywhere between 38.2 to 61.8%. Then after that wave 5 as we know will be short live.
cougar

Post by cougar »

Al_Dente wrote:
cougar wrote:For Dr. Copper’s fans: JJC demonstrated a “Gann Rule of 4” in action.
From now on, one could simply play the limits of the Regression Channel (+/-1SD):
Cougar, thanks 4 yr JJC chart: here is my long term weekly PERFORMANCE copper chart
replaced FXI with hong kong $HSI, added spot $COPPER, etc still tinkering adding IDX/EPU, hamstrung by stockcharts stingy space….
may not be the “right” view yet, but at this moment is right 4 me…. Helped me see who calls the shots on SPX bottoms/tops, and helped me see that JJC may be lying to us, as it performs more like SPX and less like copper (I also see this JJC lie in intraday 15min performance charts)….your comments appreciated
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=ECH&p= ... =246944930
Al Dente: you are welcome. I like your chart. When I do this kind of things, it try to set the O=start, for comparison, at various points in time - to figure out if one index would constantly herald the moves of another one.
But…CAVEAT: Da Boyz can change the rules of the game in the middle of it, in particular when too many unwanted retailers have figured out something…
=================================

Here is my “swing chart” for JJC, with some unusual MA-s.
It is not a day trading chart, and therefore all labels, including the whipsaw, are valid only for swings.
Attachments
JJCSWINGgif.GIF
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

grachu wrote:cobra do you see any pull back at the closing or moving higher ? your feeling ...
I gave the target already.