Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

11/21/2011 Intraday Watering

99er

Re: 11/21/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by 99er »

Dam honey...
RUT http://99ercharts.blogspot.com/2011/11/rut_21.html

I thought you said "skiing"...not ski jumping.
Travelfrog

Post by Travelfrog »

Cobra,

I asked my web host to have a look at your 1st post today. 3dpixel.net, a Uk based company with excellent support. This was his reply.
Unless I'm missing something then that server listed should be able to cope with his traffic levels. Easily.
He probably just needs someone to look over the server to be optimised for mysql / phpbb and maybe offload some stuff to another server daemon. We offer this service as part of salvagemysite.com incidentally. £60 to have an investigation and report.
If he's paying that much he should be looking at solid state drives which would improve mysql performance hugely aswell.
chodaboy19

Post by chodaboy19 »

U.S. Debt Supercommittee Ready to Announce Failure
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-2 ... talks.html#
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

GM,
Lets go shopping it's black Friday is it not? I will try counter trend here look at RSI(5) and short term support, just for a quick dead cat bounce shall we?
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
ocassional observer

Post by ocassional observer »

IWM reaching short term support now. i belive this gap will fill, maybe not today though.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Travelfrog wrote:Cobra,

I asked my web host to have a look at your 1st post today. 3dpixel.net, a Uk based company with excellent support. This was his reply.
Unless I'm missing something then that server listed should be able to cope with his traffic levels. Easily.
He probably just needs someone to look over the server to be optimised for mysql / phpbb and maybe offload some stuff to another server daemon. We offer this service as part of salvagemysite.com incidentally. £60 to have an investigation and report.
If he's paying that much he should be looking at solid state drives which would improve mysql performance hugely aswell.
thanks. but we're not on this server yet. Our current server is Xeon 3060 with 4GB memory.

I'll check solid state driver, thanks.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
waverider

Post by waverider »

BullBear52x wrote:GM,
Lets go shopping it's black Friday is it not? I will try counter trend here look at RSI(5) and short term support, just for a quick dead cat bounce shall we?
lol, no thanks I'm gonna wait for it to come back then short it... if it comes back.
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore
KENA

Post by KENA »

Nice chart looks like we could get a bounce.
Denali92

Post by Denali92 »

Hi!

Just remember - in April, we had a Thurs opex low and a bottom on Monday at 1:10pm (with a GAP down) and then we ran to the May highs

In July, we had a Thurs opex low and made a bottom on the Monday at noon before running till the Thursday, which was your last chance to sell....

Based on opex and Thanksgiving week - a buy today and a sell on Wed - should work well.

-D
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

too stretched, go to be a rebound somewhere.
Attachments
1.png

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
soku

Post by soku »

rumor in pit. sell stop 1191-1187.5
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
rezeda

Post by rezeda »

Cobra wrote:First of all, yes, I'm fully aware that our server crashed several times last night and this only proves that I cannot simply increase the max connections limit. It's not as simple as just a number increase. So I've decreased the number to 400, hopefully to avoid the crash problem. Meanwhile, I've ordered a new server which is much powerful than our current one, and hopefully we could move to the new server in the Thanksgiving holiday. I'll notify you should I start the moving process.

Below is our new server settings. Yes, I know you could get much cheaper than that with other hosting services but quality is of the most importance so I decide to go with leaders, I cannot afford another trial and error. We're lucky as the server is on promotion so we've already saved $250 a month.
2.png
The new server is located in Washington DC because it has an direct exit to Europe so I think maybe it'll help our European friends as they're our other 10% besides Canada.
3.png
4.png

OK, let's see what's happening on the market. Big gap down below the Friday's low, so chances are the gap won't be filled. I don't believe that 100% Measured Move target though.

The Global ES is a clear step down, broke the 11/01 support then consolidated then another breakdown and now maybe it's a rebound to test that consolidation area after the breakdown before another attempt on the downside. I'm not sure if the market has more on the downside or simply it's bottomed, will have to wait and see. My feeling is, well, I couldn't find my feeling anywhere... :roll:
1.png
---
"The new server is located in Washington DC because it has an direct exit to Europe so I think maybe it'll help our European friends"

Thanks! :P
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

Cobra wrote:too stretched, go to be a rebound somewhere.
It's waiting for me to press the sell button.
Twitter @jackwag0n
agnosia

Post by agnosia »

morning guys. well not so nice if you're a bull :)

got some support lines at 1188.5 and 1185.25 /es ..
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

waverider wrote:
lol, no thanks I'm gonna wait for it to come back then short it... if it comes back.
I still held on my 20% shorts from last week, small but safety first.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Travelfrog

Post by Travelfrog »

Cobra wrote:
Travelfrog wrote:Cobra,

thanks. but we're not on this server yet. Our current server is Xeon 3060 with 4GB memory.

I'll check solid state driver, thanks.
I used to host my sites with 1&1 as I had the same too many connections problem. Had to wait days for support from 1&1 so I moved to 3dpixel due to their highly rated support and haven't looked back since. Hope you get the problem sorted soon without too much cost.

As I was writing this post, I had another reply. He said that even your existing server should be able to cope. Maybe it's just the settings.
Last edited by Travelfrog on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
soku

Post by soku »

You gonna love Fibonacci numbers. We stopped right at the 38.2% of this rally, or in my words, bear market correction. Now bulls' only hope is the channel to hold, which is also coincident with 50% retracement at around 1185. I think we will arrive there next Tuesday, 11/22/11 (+/- error term).

this is the guess i made on 11/18. let's see if market listens to me. :D :D :D
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Denali92 wrote:Hi!

Just remember - in April, we had a Thurs opex low and a bottom on Monday at 1:10pm (with a GAP down) and then we ran to the May highs

In July, we had a Thurs opex low and made a bottom on the Monday at noon before running till the Thursday, which was your last chance to sell....

Based on opex and Thanksgiving week - a buy today and a sell on Wed - should work well.

-D
thanks, that's really useful info.

mac769

Post by mac769 »

So far following the charts...

Next stop 1183ish, if no rebound soon
Attachments
Capture.PNG