Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

11/23/2011 Intraday Watering

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 11/23/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by Cobra »

wow, this is, I don't know what to say, nobody wants to hold over the holiday? :( :o :shock:
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
dcurban1

Post by dcurban1 »

Looks like someone decided to walk off the cliff.
mmk980

Post by mmk980 »

Cobra's target reached at the last seconds !!
heavenskrow

Post by heavenskrow »

Ill be safe in my FAZ and U.S. treasuries hopefully. :D
HappyFriday

Post by HappyFriday »

Cobra wrote:wow, this is, I don't know what to say, nobody wants to hold over the holiday? :( :o :shock:
Down 7 days in a row. How many turkeys are there ?
Well done shorts !
Happy Thanksgiving Day ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

MrMiyagi wrote:I can't even guess a closing price for today, actually I can because it is just a guess; 116.37$
Damn.. off by 19 cents...
q2model

Post by q2model »

Cobra wrote:wow, this is, I don't know what to say, nobody wants to hold over the holiday? :( :o :shock:
Still good for bull?
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

q2model wrote:
Still good for bull?
yes.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
LONDONBOYZ09

Post by LONDONBOYZ09 »

taggard wrote:
LONDONBOYZ09 wrote:Hi Cobra,

I have been a great follower of you since last few months and I simply love the forum, your site, your daily reports and most importantly your intra-day signals.

I have made some huge losses and was put off. Since I have been following you, I have learnt the first thing advocated by you - (Survive first, if you don't make money, don't loose money) and I am happy to say though I have not made any, but more importantly I have not lost any.

Now I am starting to work on the other point you advocated - don't rush and control emotions (Not sure how long will that take!). A while back someone did a nice commentry on controlling emotions in trading.

It would have been very disrespectful to not login and say 'Happy Thanksgiving' to you and all the other Forum Memebers, who provide such an insightful commentry and charts. I wish I could rub shoulders with them one day (may be after few more thanksgiving anniversaries).

Happy Thanksgiving all and really appreciate such a selfless, hard work from you all and especially Cobra.

PS: I have registered for regular donation few days back and hope don't need to do anything after the server move. Good Luck with that.

What number on SPY will make you change your avtar :)

"don't rush and control emotions" (Not sure how long will that take!)

this idea about controlling emotions can lead to sorrow. consider 2 points (1) the logical mind is like a small raft in the ocean of "emotion". (2) if this doesn't appeal to you consider that most people estimate the mind you are aware of is maybe 5-10% of brain and cns function. (note the mind--a construct and brain the organ)

so if something is larger than you how do you "win" for starters you admit it--and then start to watch it's patterns. think of this like hunting. the working assumption is you cannot actually see your habits they are like the blind spot in your life. however it's possible to see the action around them--and thus by subtraction see a rough outline of the habits.

this is about as close as we get to control ourselves.

just my opinion but i would do 2-3 things--first if you are intra day trading futs read al brooks--being forced to look at 200 charts with more or less the same message will teach very quickly. second forget trading for money for a while--get money out of the picture--and focus on paper trading. get to the point where you are hitting 7 out of 10 trades in whatever timeframe or method you use. Third keep track of these trades-- prior to getting in--after you get out--and tracking what you may see as emotion pre during and after the trade.

after that scale up to tiny amounts of money--then build up slowly.

most people refuse to do this under the assumption that they are not really trading--but seals train for some time prior to going to the field and they scrape by. second you may think this is the slow way--i assure you it's much faster in the longer run.

get a clear rule set--and then look carefully at the beginning emotions and feelings can be a problem--later (usually much later) you can trade intuitively.
Thanks Taggard,

Much appreciated. I have some rules, printed and fixed to wall and now 50% of the time, before making a trade, I go through them.

This post will be printed and looked at more often than not.

I will get the book and get cracking.

Happy Thanksgiving.

LB
HighRev

Post by HighRev »

LOD close across the board. Closing TICK wasn't too bad though. Cobra started the day saying that the selling looked orderly. It still looks fairly orderly, well, until the close it did anyway.
q2model

Post by q2model »

Cobra wrote:
q2model wrote:
Still good for bull?
yes.
Thanks, have thanksgiving or at least a day off
taggard

Post by taggard »

LONDONBOYZ09 wrote:
taggard wrote:
LONDONBOYZ09 wrote:Hi Cobra,

I have been a great follower of you since last few months and I simply love the forum, your site, your daily reports and most importantly your intra-day signals.

I have made some huge losses and was put off. Since I have been following you, I have learnt the first thing advocated by you - (Survive first, if you don't make money, don't loose money) and I am happy to say though I have not made any, but more importantly I have not lost any.

Now I am starting to work on the other point you advocated - don't rush and control emotions (Not sure how long will that take!). A while back someone did a nice commentry on controlling emotions in trading.

It would have been very disrespectful to not login and say 'Happy Thanksgiving' to you and all the other Forum Memebers, who provide such an insightful commentry and charts. I wish I could rub shoulders with them one day (may be after few more thanksgiving anniversaries).

Happy Thanksgiving all and really appreciate such a selfless, hard work from you all and especially Cobra.

PS: I have registered for regular donation few days back and hope don't need to do anything after the server move. Good Luck with that.

What number on SPY will make you change your avtar :)

"don't rush and control emotions" (Not sure how long will that take!)

this idea about controlling emotions can lead to sorrow. consider 2 points (1) the logical mind is like a small raft in the ocean of "emotion". (2) if this doesn't appeal to you consider that most people estimate the mind you are aware of is maybe 5-10% of brain and cns function. (note the mind--a construct and brain the organ)

so if something is larger than you how do you "win" for starters you admit it--and then start to watch it's patterns. think of this like hunting. the working assumption is you cannot actually see your habits they are like the blind spot in your life. however it's possible to see the action around them--and thus by subtraction see a rough outline of the habits.

this is about as close as we get to control ourselves.

just my opinion but i would do 2-3 things--first if you are intra day trading futs read al brooks--being forced to look at 200 charts with more or less the same message will teach very quickly. second forget trading for money for a while--get money out of the picture--and focus on paper trading. get to the point where you are hitting 7 out of 10 trades in whatever timeframe or method you use. Third keep track of these trades-- prior to getting in--after you get out--and tracking what you may see as emotion pre during and after the trade.

after that scale up to tiny amounts of money--then build up slowly.

most people refuse to do this under the assumption that they are not really trading--but seals train for some time prior to going to the field and they scrape by. second you may think this is the slow way--i assure you it's much faster in the longer run.

get a clear rule set--and then look carefully at the beginning emotions and feelings can be a problem--later (usually much later) you can trade intuitively.
Thanks Taggard,

Much appreciated. I have some rules, printed and fixed to wall and now 50% of the time, before making a trade, I go through them.

This post will be printed and looked at more often than not.

I will get the book and get cracking.

Happy Thanksgiving.

LB

above all keep records i use excel and a elec journal program--most simple things go into excel--complex stuff in journal. records of actions are key.
bobo

Post by bobo »

No holiday in Canada. Our Thanksgiving is in October. We have the Grey Cup game on Sunday, which is a national drunk and our equivalent to the Super Bowl Game. People come from all over Canada to the game held on Sunday at BC Place in Vancouver. The stadium was renovated completely at a cost of C$563 million and re-opened in September. Capacity has been reduced to 53,500 as a result of wider seats, all with cupholders. The roof was replaced with a retractable roof and the big screen is the 2nd largest in North America, next to the one in Dallas. The game pits the BC Lions against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Probably too cold and wet for a riot after this game, lol!
KENA wrote:Everyone have a good thanksgiving and all you guys in canada have a good one.I think you have some kind of holiday this weekend don't you.All you others we will see you fri.for a short one.
jiufeite

Post by jiufeite »

Everyone, Happy Thanksgiving!
@alexwangwy
HighRev

Post by HighRev »

Remember this?

TICK MA3 gave a sell today.
Attachments
cobra_TICK101011.png
TWT

Post by TWT »

SPX: I have to switch to the following count

Once a bootom is finally in place it can be either a Bullish wave (C) or a bearish wave (3)

The overlap is at 1215.57

Have a great Thanksgiving holiday
Attachments
spx 5 min.png
newbie_77

Post by newbie_77 »

happy thanks giving :D .... including to turkey god... :D :mrgreen:
my target of 1150 is not reached yet :D .. looks like we will have a gap up on friday.. :cry: was hoping of closing my shorts then and going long..
Miguel41070

Post by Miguel41070 »

Guys Happy and the best Thanksgiving ever!!
grachu

Post by grachu »

Cobra i want to also donate Per. Month . Where ?
The least the humans can do for such a Cool marsian! I would Live to go to ur planet Where people do things for nothing in return.... Thanks cobra ur cool and I like you ! Happy thanks giving but mostly thanks ....!
TWT

Post by TWT »

SPX: Daily chart with potential ABC or 123
Attachments
SPX DAILY.png