12/02/2011 Intraday Watering

heavenskrow

Re: 12/02/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by heavenskrow »

holding TVIX into weekend.
h2oskier

Post by h2oskier »

heavenskrow wrote:I think one day we should all meet up and start a hedge fund. =]
$15-20k of capital to start. Company resides in Cayman islands which means it now becomes a tax heaven hedge fund... :)
grachu

Post by grachu »

cobra if indeed NP day today , change of trend..what trend you refer to short or mid term

and I am a bit lost .. .but what trend we have been???? Cause I can not remember anymore lol ... thanks !!!!!!!!
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

tdo722 wrote:bb52x, are you holding shorts over the weekend?
EDZ only.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
tdo722

Post by tdo722 »

BullBear52x wrote:
tdo722 wrote:bb52x, are you holding shorts over the weekend?
EDZ only.
cool, thanks!
BlackThought

Post by BlackThought »

heavenskrow wrote:TLT at resistance
damn i wish i would've seen that earlier.
Me XMan

Post by Me XMan »

Two stars on top looking like up momentum is dying IMO.
grachu wrote:cobra if indeed NP day today , change of trend..what trend you refer to short or mid term

and I am a bit lost .. .but what trend we have been???? Cause I can not remember anymore lol ... thanks !!!!!!!!
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

L_T wrote:
Cobra wrote:
Namo wrote:
Cobra wrote:
vats wrote:Hi Cobra,
I was on vacation until last night...Missed the big move this week...anyway, I signed up last night for your website as a "charter" member and continue to look forward.
thanks for your great efforts and insights!
Vats
Thanks, really really appreciate. I don't know why, for 50K IP visits every month, I really didn't get much supports for merely $10 a month, which, I admit, I'm a little disappointed.

Hi Cobra,
I signed up this week too! You are way too kind, $10 is a steal! I am sure you will see the signups increase once the site is not free. You are incredibly talented. If you charge, they will come!
thanks, I sure hope so. If merely a few hundred people, then it'd really waste my talent. I'll give it more time and a few drills to make sure everyone knows I'm serious and have no choices. Hopefully that'd make a little differences. Thanks again.
Cobra have you ever thought about expanding the "business" (expand scope of info/services offered and hire people to help out) and keeping access free rather than charging for content? From all the web businesses I've seen the "charge for access" model doesn't work so well. It's all about increasing visitor count for ad revenue.

The problem is that no matter how unique you think your content is people can probably find something very similar for free. Think news papers that tried to charge for their content. Why pay when you can get similar info elsewhere? Granted high quality technical analysis like yours isn't exactly newspaper fare so you have far less competition, but the competition is there---and most importantly (and unfortunately for yourself) they don't charge for access.

Just my 2 cents. I in no way mean this to discount your excellent work, in fact if I didn't think it had real value I wouldn't even bother commenting.

I would be interested to know what others think.
Thanks. But I'm sure people won't find similar stuff else where.

And my site is already large enough, I've tried to use commercial only for many years, that doesn't help. I don't know what your business mean? In which way you could get something in return?

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
rhapsody1447

Post by rhapsody1447 »

Anyone got some color on this high volume P-bar at the close?
Attachments
P-bar.JPG
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for today. Unbelievable another red NFP day, which as discussed in the last night report, is not good. Thank you guys, I'll see you the next Monday.
Attachments
1.png

Me XMan

Post by Me XMan »

Excellent job Cobra and have a cold one friend. :D
Cobra wrote:well, guess that's it for today. Unbelievable another red NFP day, which as discussed in the last night report, is not good. Thank you guys, I'll see you the next Monday.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

SB73 wrote:Cobra any stats is black bar or red bar better for bear?
I think red bar is worse. I don't have statistics.

rhapsody1447

Post by rhapsody1447 »

Cobra wrote:
L_T wrote:
Cobra wrote:
Namo wrote:
Cobra wrote: Thanks. But I'm sure people won't find similar stuff else where.

And my site is already large enough, I've tried to use commercial only for many years, that doesn't help. I don't know what your business mean? In which way you could get something in return?
I haven't found any blogs that compete with yours that are free. I would say with your highly loyal fan base, the monthly fee makes complete sense. Especially considering most of your customers are day traders to begin with :D
Me XMan

Post by Me XMan »

Plenty of P-bars last Friday and Monday it rocked up...can't trust those damn things.
rhapsody1447 wrote:Anyone got some color on this high volume P-bar at the close?
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

ActiveTrader wrote:
Cobra wrote:
Namo wrote:
Cobra wrote:
vats wrote:Hi Cobra,
I was on vacation until last night...Missed the big move this week...anyway, I signed up last night for your website as a "charter" member and continue to look forward.
thanks for your great efforts and insights!
Vats
Thanks, really really appreciate. I don't know why, for 50K IP visits every month, I really didn't get much supports for merely $10 a month, which, I admit, I'm a little disappointed.

Hi Cobra,
I signed up this week too! You are way too kind, $10 is a steal! I am sure you will see the signups increase once the site is not free. You are incredibly talented. If you charge, they will come!
thanks, I sure hope so. If merely a few hundred people, then it'd really waste my talent. I'll give it more time and a few drills to make sure everyone knows I'm serious and have no choices. Hopefully that'd make a little differences. Thanks again.
I just signup for a membership. Will we have to create another username at http://www.cobrasmarketview.com when you change over to paid membership? Thanks for everything that you do. Your site is excellent!!!
Thanks, and yes, you'll have to create another user name at www. It's a different site.

Auole

Post by Auole »

Raphsody I'm listening and seeing after close buy/sell on SPY and it's bidding up to about 125.2 one minute. ThinkandorSwim
ActiveTrader

Post by ActiveTrader »

Cobra wrote:
ActiveTrader wrote:
Cobra wrote: I just signup for a membership. Will we have to create another username at http://www.cobrasmarketview.com when you change over to paid membership? Thanks for everything that you do. Your site is excellent!!!
Thanks, and yes, you'll have to create another user name at www. It's a different site.
I used ActiveTrader on http://www.cobrasmarketview.com and can't login. Is the login plugin for the site active yet?
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

ActiveTrader wrote:
Cobra wrote:
ActiveTrader wrote:
Cobra wrote: I just signup for a membership. Will we have to create another username at http://www.cobrasmarketview.com when you change over to paid membership? Thanks for everything that you do. Your site is excellent!!!
I used ActiveTrader on http://www.cobrasmarketview.com and can't login. Is the login plugin for the site active yet?
I tried single sign on, doesn't work, so you'll have to create 2 IDs, one for bbs and one for www. I think it's logic, because bbs is free but www will no, so 2 ids are needed anyway.

ActiveTrader

Post by ActiveTrader »

Cobra wrote:
ActiveTrader wrote:
Cobra wrote:
ActiveTrader wrote:
I tried single sign on, doesn't work, so you'll have to create 2 IDs, one for bbs and one for www. I think it's logic, because bbs is free but www will no, so 2 ids are needed anyway.
How do I create a new ID since I already signed up?
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

ActiveTrader wrote:How do I create a new ID since I already signed up?
You need click signup at www, where there's a PayPal button, you need pay first to lock in $10 a month membership then you'll see register form.