Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

Weekend Watering

BullBear52x

Re: Weekend Watering

Post by BullBear52x »

Here is my short term target, 125, 123, 120. we can have a good rebound at any of these price levels. the selling on Friday was so strong that only thing will turn this down trend to up in short term is a huge gap up on Tuesday.
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

I don't trade GLD but will 130 be of interest to anyone? that's what it looks to be at the moment. long term out look is sure shaky on GLD
spy.JPG
spy1.JPG
Last edited by BullBear52x on Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Not trading SLV either, number 14 come to mind.
Attachments
spy.JPG
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

On King Green back, we are coming so far from the bottom, but pricing level never recover to confirm up, I trade UUP so break out is my bet.
Attachments
spy.JPG
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

KeiZai wrote:Agree with you BB52x about the long term, trend is up for now and it can go to around 1315 but carefully this month, if the rumor about that two world's largest financial institutions on the brink of collapse is true we are heading to a huge short opportunity from that level

tonight just chill out with the movie : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jQoScJFNj0
Happy New Year KeiZai
Any idea where i can get that movie "Margin Call" online?
Netflix.com only offers it on dvd
I don't need free, pay is fine, i just want to see it online
THANKS MUCH
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Selling pressure is high at AAPL, sell-able rally until new high is taken out. OK, I am done having too much time on my hand.
Attachments
spy.JPG
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL COBRA PEOPLE

Al Dente’s New Year’s Market Resolutions 2012

1) Don’t fight price or volume
2) Tweak or banish indicators that are liars. Identify truthful indicators and stay with them
3) Trust canaries and divergences that have signaled turns in the past, but give them time to work out
4) Don’t underestimate the power of the bulls aka short-covering bears (borrowed from Cobra)
5) Don’t underestimate the power of China
6) During a market rally, avoid zerohedge. During a market decline, okay to check zerohedge
7) Put all kool-aid posters who lack verifiable chart evidence or lack a credible link on IGNOR list
8) Trust the pragmatic wisdom of Cobra
9) This time is not different
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

BullBear52x wrote:Here is my short term target, 125, 123, 120. we can have a good rebound at any of these price levels. the selling on Friday was so strong that only thing will turn this down trend to up in short term is a huge gap up on Tuesday.
Baron von HashTag
Happy New Year !!
What does it tell you when your MA ribbons compress/tighten and eventually come together to form almost a single line?
PS: of all the dumb questions I’ve ever asked you, this one is the smartest, so please reply
tdo722

Post by tdo722 »

Al_Dente wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:Here is my short term target, 125, 123, 120. we can have a good rebound at any of these price levels. the selling on Friday was so strong that only thing will turn this down trend to up in short term is a huge gap up on Tuesday.
Baron von HashTag
Happy New Year !!
What does it tell you when your MA ribbons compress/tighten and eventually come together to form almost a single line?
PS: of all the dumb questions I’ve ever asked you, this one is the smartest, so please reply
I believe it is the same as Guppy MMA. It indicates a trend change in progress. Educate me BB.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Happy new year Dr. Al

tight band in Ribbon or BB signal a trend change is in the making, but the reaction to this environment could be very volatile. a tight BB+tight ribbons around 5DMA like we are having now is very unpredictable it could swing either side real fast, but I got help from RSI to guide me which side should I bet on, this time RSI<50 so I will go with the down side bet.
Attachments
spy.JPG
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

BullBear52x wrote:Happy new year Dr. Al
tight band in Ribbon or BB signal a trend change is in the making, but the reaction to this environment could be very volatile. a tight BB+tight ribbons around 5DMA like we are having now is very unpredictable it could swing either side real fast, but I got help from RSI to guide me which side should I bet on, this time RSI<50 so I will go with the down side bet.
Dear Baron von Ribbons
Thanks BB, that’s what I keep seeing
BTW: Do you mind if I “borrow” your ribbons, they’re sooooooo pretty, just like you
tdo722

Post by tdo722 »

1. This is what I'm watching like a hawk. eur/usd bounced at horizontal support 1.28732 hence we got the 1-day MAD on 12/29/2011

2. RSI Daily chart positive divergence. Why this is huge? I already checked and the last time there's a RSI positive divergence on the daily chart is when Moses received the 10 commandments from God (well, that's how long it has been, lol)

3. Once eur/usd breaks the down channel, we will see SPX rallies like there's no tomorrow

4. Commercial traders are heavily long EURO while non-commercial traders are heavily short EURO. I received this tip from someone on Daneric site to confirm my belief on the eur/usd about to rally hard (http://www.cftc.gov/dea/options/deacmesof.htm)

I am holding a few spy puts over the holiday weekend. Need comments and suggestions from y'all. Happy New Year everyone!
Attachments
Capture.PNG
eurusd.PNG
Last edited by tdo722 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Al_Dente wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:Happy new year Dr. Al
Dear Baron von Ribbons
Thanks BB, that’s what I keep seeing
BTW: Do you mind if I “borrow” your ribbons, they’re sooooooo pretty, just like you
Any thing is free here, feel free to do what you want with it. too much info is not always good some times, I try to keep my chart simple and clean as possible and my FA bias to the minimum.

I see your new year resolutions, well, here's mine: 1. Trade what's in front of me, if I can not tell what it is just walk away, keep FA bias to the minimum.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Baron: What is FA?
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Al_Dente wrote:Baron: What is FA?
Fundamental Analysis = FA
Technical Analysis = TA
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Happy New Year KeiZai
Any idea where i can get that movie "Margin Call" online?
Netflix.com only offers it on dvd
I don't need free, pay is fine, i just want to see it online
THANKS MUCH
Hi AL,
I´m not sure if the quality is good enough for you, try it: http://www.ipeepo.com/margincall.html
Thanks and a happy new year to you too

P.S: best of luck with your resolutions ;)
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

tdo722 wrote:1. This is what I'm watching like a hawk. eur/usd bounced at horizontal support 1.28732 hence we got the 1-day MAD on 12/29/2011

2. RSI Daily chart positive divergence. Why this is huge? I already checked and the last time there's a RSI positive divergence on the daily chart is when Moses received the 10 commandments from God (well, that's how long it has been, lol)

3. Once eur/usd breaks the down channel, we will see SPX rallies like there's no tomorrow

4. Commercial traders has heavily long EURO while non-commercial traders are heavily short EURO. I received this tip from someone on Daneric site to confirm my belief on the eur/usd about to rally hard (http://www.cftc.gov/dea/options/deacmesof.htm)

I am holding a few spy puts over the holiday weekend. Need comments and suggestions from y'all. Happy New Year everyone!
I would use DBV over Eur/usd. if you want to see the liquidity side of thing.
Attachments
spy.JPG
NDD

Post by NDD »

Anyone here paying attention to DAX, who could give me some input on whether it leads or lags spx.. Quite a huge gain today which may imply a gap up tomorrow on the spx?

Thanks for all your insightful comments, may 2012 be a prosperous year for all!
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

PAGING NDD: Cobra usually notes that DAX leads these days
EU PMI reported slightly up this morning according to Reuters:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/ ... 6220120102
Also click on the financial sector link below for Ned Davis comments on US banks vs EU banks

PAGING OTHERS: Everyone has noticed that the comsumer staples sector has a bullish percent currently at 85%.
Here is a brief Ned Davis Research update on the XLP sector
http://screencast.com/t/ZyE1M7uMy3

and the financial sector:
“…(Watch for the relative performance of Financials and European Banks to breakout of their trend channels.) For now, however, we continue to side with the weak tape, given growing risks to the economy and euro-zone banks…”
http://screencast.com/t/SSMVw5nmfD7v

and the energy sector:
(containing this one-liner especially for Baron von Ung: “Natural gas is trading at an historic discount to crude oil at 29:1.”)
http://screencast.com/t/XMF2ZmU1DTbR

and the materials sector:
http://screencast.com/t/XwYQ1NhLH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2_9Rkk4 ... re=related
NDD

Post by NDD »

Thanks Al Dente

Any suggestion too which instrument one should use if one is aiming to keep a positions in the long term account (5-10 years) and/or reasons to why not start investing asap.