Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

01/17/2012 Intraday Watering

Cobra
Site Admin

01/17/2012 Intraday Watering

Post by Cobra »

Huge gap up like I was afraid. Yeah, this is market, it always surprises you. Normally such a huge gap should not be filled. Let's see.

The global ES hits the rising wedge upper boundary and hopefully could be a pullback of some kind here. I don't see it as 3 push up because all 3 ups are equal in strength so at least we should see another up with a little weaker strength before a meaningful pullback is possible, so yes, you know what I'm trying to see, the push up should at least 2 legged.
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
99er

Re: 01/17/2012 Intraday Watering

Post by 99er »

Good Morning.

So honey...what's the news?

http://www.99ercharts.com/archives/49

Not sure...still reading the cartoons.
99er

Post by 99er »

So what's for breakfast?

ES http://www.99ercharts.com/archives/56

Hot MACD Cross buns?
99er

Post by 99er »

Honey?

NQ http://www.99ercharts.com/archives/54

Could you serve them with Butter-flies?

[Too corny I know. GLTA.]
cougar

Post by cougar »

Good morning, Cobra!
UPRO: not again!
To convince me, it got to close above the morning high (#6)!
Can it do that? Probably not!
Attachments
UPRO.GIF
xiaohehua

Post by xiaohehua »

Cobra wrote:Huge gap up like I was afraid. Yeah, this is market, it always surprises you. Normally such a huge gap should be filled. Let's see.

The global ES hits the rising wedge upper boundary and hopefully could be a pullback of some kind here. I don't see it as 3 push up because all 3 ups are equal in strength so at least we should see another up with a little weaker strength before a meaningful pullback is possible, so yes, you know what I'm trying to see, the push up should at least 2 legged.
1.png

"Normally such a huge gap should be filled. Let's see." Should or Should Not be filled? Remember you usually say gap may not be filled after huge gap up. just curious..What makes the difference this time?
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Good morning folks!!

Okey, now I know again that fighting with the invisible hand is not a good thing :lol: ...but...I am very patient person and the old phrase says: the one who laughs last laughs best :D
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
noob

Post by noob »

Cobra wrote:Huge gap up like I was afraid. Yeah, this is market, it always surprises you. Normally such a huge gap should be filled. Let's see.

1.png
Morning Cobra, I thought you will only add to bull position if it opens high and goes higher? Might open high and go lower? Never know with this market.
cougar

Post by cougar »

The Chinese New Year trade goes on! Staying long with FXI Feb 37 C, as previously discussed .
It appears that the Water Dragon was injected with some 100B Yuan…which he enjoyed a lot!
Attachments
FXId.GIF
FXI60.GIF
q2model

Post by q2model »

1.png

So you will long at open?
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

q2model wrote:

1.png

So you will long at open?
will see after 10am ET.

KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

I am expecting correction to 1290
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
waverider

Post by waverider »

Good morning all, thanks for the updates. Apparently SPY has only opened >+0.5% only twice after MLK day. It didn't gain >0.3% for the week either time ha!
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

the open.
Attachments
1.png

KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

KeiZai wrote:I am expecting correction to 1290

Sentiment trader: "Only twice before has $SPY opened >+0.5% after MLK day (1999 and 2002). Didn't gain >0.3% rest of week either time"
99er

Post by 99er »

99er

Post by 99er »

99er

Post by 99er »

toplight

Post by toplight »

1.png
You mean "Normally such a huge gap should be filled. " or should NOT be filled?
waverider

Post by waverider »

Nice KeiZai, sometimes they give interesting freebies. 99, your crude update was also /HG, love the charts though!
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore