Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

01/17/2012 Intraday Watering

ClarkW

Re: 01/17/2012 Intraday Watering

Post by ClarkW »

Thanks Cougar!
cougar wrote:
ClarkW wrote:Cougar,

What are your thoughts on China? You've been spot on, calling for move up. Great call!
Thanx!
I think that the soft landing is very well orchestrated by the CC of the CCP! They should give some lessons to GS, Tim and the bernank on how to do it!
Right now, we have also the “Dragon New Year effect” which is also well engineered.
I am not sure that I will stay long after this coming Friday…I’ll keep you posted.
uempel

Post by uempel »

Al-dente, you are a nice guy: you provide a good system for intraday, you point out which posters have brains, last but least you're funny.... Nice to have guys like you here in Cobra's forum :D
Last edited by uempel on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

BullBear52x wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:One thing missing, no one post SPX 1400 target, this board must be bear board. look at this candle make you go hmmm
Baron von Chartie: daily chart? come on…. give us your good stuff….Where were you this morn when trin and tick were talking to us…… snoozing??? :lol:
snoozing? how could you snoozing a day like today, you just post the chart with NYUPV/NYDNV did you? I know you only marked the buy you should mark the sell too on them, those are good intraday to position, 90% win rate. I know you don't see them that way when I try to tell you before and I don't know you day trade and using them on your move at all.
I will mark the sells too, glad u noticed the buys, BTW this is an “unusual” past 20 days, reversal reversal reversal etc, those buy/sells on volume aren’t always as precise as signals…
PS: I DO SEE THEM THE SAME WAY, for once we are on the same page, oy.
Speaking of that, this chart is ONLY FOR YOU, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: everyone else please move along , nothing to see here.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SPY&p= ... listNum=15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ivtcelIo0
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Travelfrog

Post by Travelfrog »

BullBear52x wrote:One thing missing, no one post SPX 1400 target, this board must be bear board. look at this candle make you go hmmm
Elliott wave targets from ABC projections taken as of yesterday.
SPX-16-01-12.png
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

The SPX has bumped up against the Gann square downtrend line. If this holds into tomorrow it could be the start of the small correction we’ve been looking for.
Attachments
SPX
SPX
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Travelfrog wrote:
Elliott wave targets from ABC projections taken as of yesterday.
The attachment SPX-16-01-12.png is no longer available
the reason I throw in 1400 is if you use golden ratio 1.236 is at 141ish unless the RS ends here and we continue P3 or C
Attachments
spy.JPG
Last edited by BullBear52x on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
fehro

Post by fehro »

just a tad higher still?...seems like one more push up, or we are going to pullback here...
Attachments
Picture 34.png
cougar

Post by cougar »

Remember my first and favorite ellipse?
Here is an update of REGN. After a stellar performance, initiated on 12/16/2011 it was downgraded today by Roth, who probably was caught out of the game and is now upset! LOL!
I am ready to double my position if it retraces to 72 = top of the previous gap.

-------------------

However, this is not a recommendation, for anybody, to do the same….
Attachments
REGN.GIF
soku

Post by soku »

What is downgrade?
France have only been downgraded by one notch, bringing them into line with the S&P rating of the likes of the US and Japan and arguably French yields have been trading at AA+ levels for the last few months anyway. So in reality the downgrade action makes very little difference. In fact it actually boosts sentiment since uncertainty can be a much more damaging influence than the actual negative news itself.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
waverider

Post by waverider »

cougar wrote:Remember my first and favorite ellipse?
Here is an update of REGN. After a stellar performance, initiated on 12/16/2011 it was downgraded today by Roth, who probably was caught out of the game and is now upset! LOL!
I am ready to double my position if it retraces to 72 = top of the previous gap.

-------------------

Wow, nice trade Cougar! How did you know it was going to continue up after exiting the ellipse and hitting the fan? Momentum?
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore
soku

Post by soku »

i need to get out now. quick note: planned long at 1292.25 didn't trigger. me thinks es to 1302, the pre-market high.
overall, it is still ugly. not ready to hold anything over yet. in general, i am going to play smaller, shorter, and faster.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Dear Uempel:
Thanks but I have to throw it right back at you: thanks for at least 5 killer charts from you already this morn, plus the Credit Suisse “top phase” chart u posted last night on main board, plus persistent updates on BP etc etc etc
I am still working on finding better directionals to pair with your great “timing model.” Glance at this with volume “tells” all over the place…am still updating it for The Baron…work in progress… adding “hats” as u call them to highlight signals…
[Caveat: as soon as we get all comfortable with these signals THEY WILL CHANGE ‘EM ON US, u know they will…]

30min
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SPY&p= ... listNum=15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ-9IBZaydQ
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Here day trade move another sell ding ding ding
Attachments
spy.JPG
cougar

Post by cougar »

waverider wrote:
cougar wrote:Remember my first and favorite ellipse?

-------------------

Wow, nice trade Cougar! How did you know it was going to continue up after exiting the ellipse and hitting the fan? Momentum?
I didn’t! I just increased progressively the spread of the trailing stop...
There are some fundamentals also...but this is the beginning of another story...
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

SB73 wrote:Al, What say you of 5 divergences on the hourly MACD and RSI charts. Buying is weaking here.
Hi SB73
Here’s my 60 min
My biggggg tell on 60 is when cobra calls out “Chi Oscillator a bit too high” (top panel ChiO, red circle). I recall Cobra has said it is often good for at least 4 hour pullback sometimes more….but I hope he’ll correct me if I’m wrong…
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SPY&p= ... =252412304

I don’t watch normal macd, rsi on 60
My MACD histogram behind spy is testing a totally bogus NYMO 13,39,0
Completely FAKE as when I tweaked it to get the mathematical equivalent of daily NYMO on 60min it refused to speak to me.
This one is IMPOSTER nymo, testing only, ignore it, yakety yak, bye bye

Father of the Delta Blues: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6clkHTP60U
fehro

Post by fehro »

some trendlines.. fwiw.
Attachments
Picture 36.png
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

test the morning low, key time.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

FAS pennies before going red haahha
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

forgot to say, target 129.64.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Xian

Post by Xian »

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good way to get real-time MACD and other tech info on individual stocks to my iPad?

I don't have Think or Swim or anything like that. I use Schwab and their iPad app is lacking.

Thanks very much in advance!