Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

01/23/2012 Intraday Watering

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 01/23/2012 Intraday Watering

Post by Cobra »

trend line here. just info, I don't trust trend line.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
jiufeite

Post by jiufeite »

Cobra, Happy New Year!
@alexwangwy
taggard

Post by taggard »

soku wrote:
taggard wrote:First Day: The first day of the festival is an occasion for honoring the elders and welcoming the deities. The Chinese visit the elders in their family and pay their respects to them. Some people also abstain from eating meat on this day.

Second Day (Kainian): The second day is the birthday of the Chinese God of Wealth. It is also a day for married daughters to visit their parents' and relatives' houses. It is also believed to be the birthday of all dogs and they are, therefore, treated with special foods on this occasion.

Third Day (Chikou/Chigau): This day is considered to be the day of the God of Blazing Wrath. It is traditionally believed to be an inauspicious day. Chinese believe they should not visit friends and relatives on this day. Instead, they visit the Temple of Wealth and have their futures told.

hmmm wed is day of blazing wrath?
nono, yr calendar is not accurate. my boss always calls himself a white chinese. he just told me the day for Chinese God of Wealth is the 5th day. and you should celebrate that day on chinese time, which is 13 hours ahead of est.
er. . "blazing WRATH" not WEALTH ? i have day 5 on wealth also--logical bounce off the wrath thing. nice point with timing. i am a white Chinese also but only in the sense of TCM (traditional medicine) Martial Arts and Classical Philosophy/Strategy (best in world). And of course THE BEST COOKING on the planet bar none. those trying to do the hongbao thing try to avoid even numbers esp 4s with cobra--no need to scare him. also there is no problem adding 0s after any 8s--so don't be shy.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

jiufeite wrote:Cobra, Happy New Year!
Thanks, you too, happy new year! :mrgreen:

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Me XMan

Post by Me XMan »

This little bear ain't complaining :lol:
Cobra wrote:continue down like I said. Now it smells a little like bear.
waverider

Post by waverider »

Good morning, a little analysis on GOOG presented us with an opportunity. Clearly bad earnings after the close on Thursday facilitated the size of that massive gap.
goog.png
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore
SB73

Post by SB73 »

SB73 wrote:
SB73 wrote:Attention short sellers...let this puppy exhaust itself. Cobra's mall analogy over the weekend really got me thinking about the failures I have experienced. Although generally successfull, too often I have thought I could grab that front stall in the busy mall parking lot. I think we get a back test of 1318ish, but then back up we push to 1340 like Demark has predicted. I can't remember the bullish herd getting slaughtered too often recently with all of this liquidity in the market place. However, bulls you are now outside of the BB on the Dow use stops. GLTA.
Bears can thank me for this post as it triggered immediate selling :lol: I will consider a short if we go red for the day.
Nice Job MeXman. Although I didn't get the stall at the front door of the mall, I was able to pick some up reasonably close.
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

SPY close to busting Friday's low. IWM's way below Friday's low
Twitter @jackwag0n
soku

Post by soku »

soku wrote:my chart called 1314 top and treated above as bull trap. expecting 1305.
all points on es
dropping hard. still chance to stop bleeding around 1305 area. i expect the market to cool off a little bit
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
Me XMan

Post by Me XMan »

I added a few more shorts $132.10-20 and now sitting tight.
I think correction just got started.
SB73 wrote:
SB73 wrote:
SB73 wrote:Attention short sellers...let this puppy exhaust itself. Cobra's mall analogy over the weekend really got me thinking about the failures I have experienced. Although generally successfull, too often I have thought I could grab that front stall in the busy mall parking lot. I think we get a back test of 1318ish, but then back up we push to 1340 like Demark has predicted. I can't remember the bullish herd getting slaughtered too often recently with all of this liquidity in the market place. However, bulls you are now outside of the BB on the Dow use stops. GLTA.
Bears can thank me for this post as it triggered immediate selling :lol: I will consider a short if we go red for the day.
Nice Job MeXman. Although I didn't get the stall at the front door of the mall, I was able to pick some up reasonably close.
KENA

Post by KENA »

On my radar we just turned the cornor on the bear side. Lets see.
Richarab

Post by Richarab »

soku wrote:
soku wrote:my chart called 1314 top and treated above as bull trap. expecting 1305.
all points on es
dropping hard. still chance to stop bleeding around 1305 area. i expect the market to cool off a little bit

this is IT! cut open the mattress, grab the kids and guns and get to high ground!
soku

Post by soku »

taggard wrote:
er. . "blazing WRATH" not WEALTH ? i have day 5 on wealth also--logical bounce off the wrath thing. nice point with timing. i am a white Chinese also but only in the sense of TCM (traditional medicine) Martial Arts and Classical Philosophy/Strategy (best in world). And of course THE BEST COOKING on the planet bar none. those trying to do the hongbao thing try to avoid even numbers esp 4s with cobra--no need to scare him. also there is no problem adding 0s after any 8s--so don't be shy.
lol. don't remind me the hongbao thing. every time i mention it, cobra is going to hide.
what's our plan for the chinese wealth god? i know my boss is going to feed us with roast pork which i am really looking forward.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

So far, we actually have a workable wave count going. The spikes today were HFTs hitting and we had an hourly candle that has given a 10 handle short as of now.
Attachments
Count_-_2012-01-23_1152.png
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
tdo722

Post by tdo722 »

soku wrote:
taggard wrote:
lol. don't remind me the hongbao thing. every time i mention it, cobra is going to hide.
what's our plan for the chinese wealth god? i know my boss is going to feed us with roast pork which i am really looking forward.
hongbao??? hong = pink? bao=bag??
peyton976

Post by peyton976 »

I have to ask a question. Like i said a few days ago I joined this site. I been reading for 2 weeks that were at a top of some sort and I have noticed that most on here are bearish. I have not been around enough to know are most on here always bearish? I know cobra is posting charts/indicators that are putting more weight in the camp that we are due for a pullback or some kind, how much remains to be seen. I took a shot this a.m with tza feeling it was the right time with tlt,vix below there BBs. Im just trying to get a feel for this board. I like using sites that are neutral meaning not always bearish or bullish. I can tell you the mistake I made a few yrs ago, I read headlines that said the economy is in trouble almost every night, all the while the market just kept Melting higher causing me to guess with tza. I was finding thesis on the internet to fit my bias. bad misake
FinancePhD

Post by FinancePhD »

Hong = Red; Bao = Envelop
tdo722 wrote:
soku wrote:
taggard wrote:
EvilTrader

Post by EvilTrader »

Correction Mode is ON.

Maybe some spikes to upside just to scare folks...tops are known for higher volatility, even intermediate tops.

Im looking for spy @ low 128ish.

Just dont hurry, it will come.
taggard

Post by taggard »

tdo722 wrote:
soku wrote:
taggard wrote:
roughly (functional translation) to "red envelope" this is about giving money to various people for various reasons also at various times. in this case i was trying to put out the idea on the new years we were honoring a teacher or "elder" (it's not only about age it's about skill sets and what one has done with their lives) but also people give money older to younger (who in theory have little) and it happens at all levels and between all sorts of people.

it's certainly about what's in the envelope--but also about the bow (eg holding with 2 hands and bowing deeply vs the modern method of tossing and saying "a major yo to you dude".

experience has shown that respect for all gods leads to a longer life and less flack. so by all means go with the roast pork (if possible eat antioxidant compounds and omega 3 (that has been tested for heavy metals) with the pork. eg "trust in tradition by all means but cover all bases".
wayne0708

Post by wayne0708 »

is the top in today :o ?