Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

01/23/2012 Intraday Watering

uempel

Re: 01/23/2012 Intraday Watering

Post by uempel »

For Mr. Al_Dente and Mrs. Etta_James... Next signal points to 13:10 pm :D
3.png
Al_Dente wrote:Uempel :lol: :lol: :lol: just keep sharing those GREAT ellipse charts, pleeeease
PS: keep an eye out for postings by “rhight” he has DEEP volume analysis specifically, plus other goodies, but he rarely posts :cry:

Here’s my best try at volume “analysis” et. al., for your stockcharts list:
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SPY&p= ... =254608328

Miss Etta James (live, circa 1980) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r0QteIu_uA
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Friday's low as support. I think more like the rebound would fail again, this is 2 legged down.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

single leg up...maybe single leg down? shakeout territory...
tdo722

Post by tdo722 »

jarbo456 wrote:single leg up...maybe single leg down? shakeout territory...
baseline on ichimoku been holding up well let's see when it touches it this time.
Attachments
senkou.PNG
Last edited by tdo722 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cc2265

Post by cc2265 »

Cobra, do you think today's high will be revisit in the near future? thanks.
Cobra wrote:Friday's low as support. I think more like the rebound would fail again, this is 2 legged down.
taggard

Post by taggard »

peyton976 wrote:I have to ask a question. Like i said a few days ago I joined this site. I been reading for 2 weeks that were at a top of some sort and I have noticed that most on here are bearish. I have not been around enough to know are most on here always bearish? I know cobra is posting charts/indicators that are putting more weight in the camp that we are due for a pullback or some kind, how much remains to be seen. I took a shot this a.m with tza feeling it was the right time with tlt,vix below there BBs. Im just trying to get a feel for this board. I like using sites that are neutral meaning not always bearish or bullish. I can tell you the mistake I made a few yrs ago, I read headlines that said the economy is in trouble almost every night, all the while the market just kept Melting higher causing me to guess with tza. I was finding thesis on the internet to fit my bias. bad misake
i'll byte. First with this site you are talking a lot of short term fairly sharp people. The larger picture is until tested from the top and held at 1550 spx--we are in a bear. Thus this site is not as optimistic as the media. Second as noted 2 times (i was scared to push it harder lest i become yet another counter indicator as cougar indicated over the weekend) the site went fairly optimistic (for this site) last week as we cleared 1280 to 1308 or so. meanwhile the putcall data of various sorts indicated mostly bullish. Third lets define pull back--if you use stock charts look at the 10 and 20 ema on spx or spy. we have not hit the 20 ema or sma for a while this is mean. while various people are calling for a top--and while they maybe right--the logical thing is to hit and hold the 20 ema (or around there) and then try higher. Fourth cobra has pushed the idea of waiting for a clear shot--that is generally good advice most of the time. Personally i follow this day trading and do not follow it with what i call nyse 10/30 ad trades lasting 3-10 weeks or so. right now i am getting killed on my position there and doing fine on day trades. The point being "am i a bear? or bull?" i have no clue how to define my self.

the bottom line is there are good people here--but you have to read carefully to see the shifts to bullish or bearish. and given we are in a bear market until proven otherwise (and these people are not fools) there is a slighly bearish tint to the whole thing. the point is not do we pull back--but we are in an uptrend and that point is not as clear as a flat to down market. hence the timing agony.

ps don't feel too sorry for me on the 10/30 trade they work about 80% of the time--so i try not to micro manage them too much--as they are mostly right--if you eliminate shorting an up market they work better so i tend to go slightly lighter on the shorts and slightly heaver on the longs which screw up less frequently.

good luck with your trading--this is a good place to hang a bit.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

cc2265 wrote:Cobra, do you think today's high will be revisit in the near future? thanks.
Cobra wrote:Friday's low as support. I think more like the rebound would fail again, this is 2 legged down.
likely.

jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

cobra...think it's worth mentioning that AAPL recovered nearly all of the 1.5% drop it made on Friday...

my indicators aren't biting on this intraday reversal quite yet.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

UEMPEL
Do u think the internals helped/did not help on that move??
I’m just curious what u r thinking, your reply is of course optional
Also, check your PM
PS THANKS FOR YOUR 13:10 SIGNAL……

Miss Etta James with Chaka Khan, Gladys Knight, B.B. King (live) ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoBlmp9c ... re=related
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

so far doesn't look like a strong rebound, so may continue down soon.
Attachments
1.png

SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

Richarab wrote:
soku wrote:
soku wrote:my chart called 1314 top and treated above as bull trap. expecting 1305.
all points on es
dropping hard. still chance to stop bleeding around 1305 area. i expect the market to cool off a little bit

this is IT! cut open the mattress, grab the kids and guns and get to high ground!
Let's hope it never comes to America! :cry:

If anyone would like me to post something after the close from a retired Russian Special Forces guy who I met as he lives in my state, and how he overthrew two government and saw the results of anarchy, I'd be happy to. Actually Cobra, do you want a PM with it? It's a worthy read about how we better hope the ballot box works because what the like of OWS desires makes "The Road" look easy.
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
Travelfrog

Post by Travelfrog »

Dark Cloud above.
SPX-23-01-12.png
tdo722

Post by tdo722 »

SWalsh wrote:
Richarab wrote:
soku wrote:
soku wrote:my chart called 1314 top and treated above as bull trap. expecting 1305.
all points on es
dropping hard. still chance to stop bleeding around 1305 area. i expect the market to cool off a little bit

this is IT! cut open the mattress, grab the kids and guns and get to high ground!

If anyone would like me to post something after the close from a retired Russian Special Forces guy who I met as he lives in my state, and how he overthrew two government and saw the results of anarchy, I'd be happy to. Actually Cobra, do you want a PM with it? It's a worthy read about how we better hope the ballot box works because what the like of OWS desires makes "The Road" look easy.
Love that movie "the road" and "the book of eli". It sucks being women in those times.
FinancePhD

Post by FinancePhD »

Rumor: No More Money To Greece From Eurozone, IMF

Source:
WSJ (http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-201 ... 08416.html)
Zerohedge.com
Dow Jones
Last edited by FinancePhD on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lqiantobe

Post by lqiantobe »

Cobra wrote:
lqiantobe wrote:Corba~ can you give the comments on Silver? Thanks
not looking bad. I don't know if it'd pullback or keep going up though.
Corba~ now looking like pullback?
taggard

Post by taggard »

SWalsh wrote:
Richarab wrote:
soku wrote:
all points on es

totally agree with you--but thinking it's in the middle of both things here in the end. lets face it we are currently in a sort of balkanization stage where everyone is very hostile with each other but overall there is still marginal order. but there is a loss of respect at an individual level for each other that is not good. i see this sort of as the USA moving closer to using up all the easy to access resources inside the country. the population level world wide. and the idea that we are likely to see an economic reversion to mean re USA and China/India. this means in one shot--(1) the easy ride is gone internally (2) we stop being #1 in currency military etc world wide. (3) that we lose a portion of the worlds growing gdp--so the whole gpd is growing but we get less of it over the next 20-30 years. this confluence of events is going to place massive stress on what you call the ballot box or what could be called a semblance of respect and compassion for each other. or "when the going gets tough the weird turn pro" just how pro remains to be seen.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

just a chart update. trend line.
Attachments
1.png

Quantimeter

Post by Quantimeter »

Hi Cobra, I have noticed that you have drawn quite much trendlines lately, even you don't believe them. Why is that, or do you think that character of the market is a little bit difficult to read at the moment?
waverider

Post by waverider »

"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore
waverider

Post by waverider »

Quantimeter wrote:Hi Cobra, I have noticed that you have drawn quite much trendlines lately, even you don't believe them. Why is that, or do you think that character of the market is a little bit difficult to read at the moment?

The market bumped a resistance channel trendline at 7 A.M. That was an important trendline.
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore