Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 01/26/2012 Intraday Watering

Post by Cobra »

Al_Dente wrote:
Cobra wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:To Cobra: continued
Those three words of yours are MONEY words “don’t front run….”
Sure, we may get crushed on the 400 point gap-down-open coming tomorrow/next month/next whenever…
But we’ve been cheating and lightening up a bit on the way up, so…..
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK KING COBRA
Thanks....But the question is: since "don't front run", then why bother keep reporting signals that are bearish?...
Only experienced readers understand why but most people would think that misleading, I guess....
So if indeed the market keeps ignoring all the signals, I'd be in deep trouble writing the market outlook. ;)
Reminder of your own words: “THE SHORT-TERM MODEL BELIEVES THE TREND …..HOLDING ….. POSITION OVERNIGHT”
“I don’t see enough of my ultimate weapons hit extremes … so I’d stay … with reduced … positions though…”
This is not last month Cobra, this was LAST NIGHT.
There’s plenty more where that came from, let me know if u want me to continue quoting yourself back to you…

You SEE signals/indicators divergences, you report them, you stay true to TREND FOLLOWER
U will be in deep trouble if u DO NOT write the market outlook dude, rrrrrr, king…

PS: I gave up on your CPCE trendline signal two years ago.
I prefer and LOVE your wacky RSP:$CPCE, with $NYSI and $BPSPX and $BPNDX and my old Cobra notes on my chart that say, paraphrased “use nysi and bp as primary signal, whichever comes first, but both must confirm…”
I even have your notes from May 2010 on my chart “macd at 13 =cobra says screaming top sell…”
That P/C works better for me, I added my own 34ma and it’s stayed long, and I’ve been watching for u to yakkk more about it….

Yea, and u think I’m talking nonsense? Au contrare mon king. Don’t mess with someone who has followed u for four years.
Just remember what u taught us:
“Never underestimate the power of the “””bulls””””
“Don’t front run”
That has made lotta people lotta money….
Thanks again for all kind words said...

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

something is beeping
ah, my trin beeper
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

on the way to target.
Attachments
1.png

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

exceeded the tinted area, not fast enough but I'll accept this is bear's fist move. it needs to do more of course but 1st step is better than no step.
Attachments
1.png

varaamo

Post by varaamo »

Al,

Could you refresh, MACD =13 of what symbol had Cobra mentioned top sell?

Many Thanks,
varaamo
Al_Dente wrote:
Cobra wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:To Cobra: continued
Those three words of yours are MONEY words “don’t front run….”
Sure, we may get crushed on the 400 point gap-down-open coming tomorrow/next month/next whenever…
But we’ve been cheating and lightening up a bit on the way up, so…..
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK KING COBRA
Thanks....But the question is: since "don't front run", then why bother keep reporting signals that are bearish?...
Only experienced readers understand why but most people would think that misleading, I guess....
So if indeed the market keeps ignoring all the signals, I'd be in deep trouble writing the market outlook. ;)
Reminder of your own words: “THE SHORT-TERM MODEL BELIEVES THE TREND …..HOLDING ….. POSITION OVERNIGHT”
“I don’t see enough of my ultimate weapons hit extremes … so I’d stay … with reduced … positions though…”
This is not last month Cobra, this was LAST NIGHT.
There’s plenty more where that came from, let me know if u want me to continue quoting yourself back to you…

You SEE signals/indicators divergences, you report them, you stay true to TREND FOLLOWER
U will be in deep trouble if u DO NOT write the market outlook dude, rrrrrr, king…

PS: I gave up on your CPCE trendline signal two years ago.
I prefer and LOVE your wacky RSP:$CPCE, with $NYSI and $BPSPX and $BPNDX and my old Cobra notes on my chart that say, paraphrased “use nysi and bp as primary signal, whichever comes first, but both must confirm…”
I even have your notes from May 2010 on my chart “macd at 13 =cobra says screaming top sell…”
That P/C works better for me, I added my own 34ma and it’s stayed long, and I’ve been watching for u to yakkk more about it….

Yea, and u think I’m talking nonsense? Au contrare mon king. Don’t mess with someone who has followed u for four years.
Just remember what u taught us:
“Never underestimate the power of the “””bulls””””
“Don’t front run”
That has made lotta people lotta money….
L_T

Post by L_T »

cougar wrote:
jarbo456 wrote:here's one for the masses...

FTK - another oil industry provider

Is it a H&S top?
or
Are you buying value getting in at the trend line that has held since october?
CRR target according to another book:
[The “ER expected minimal similarity” extension has been reduced from 100% to a prudent 78.6%, as an expression of movement contraction at a lower level.
At the same level, an intersection of 2 Fan Time/Price Lines]
I take it that means you are holding your short / puts?
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

volume surge, may see rebound here. bears need pray. bears need one single day that the morning dip is not being bought. just one single day.
Attachments
1.png

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Cobra
I also use this P/C chart, among others
I don’t think it’s yours, forget where I got it, might be one of those rare charts that I actually made up myself
The shaded yellow area is the sleeper zone
When a dot falls above/below the sleeper zone it becomes “pay attention” time
Even then P/C is so fickle as it rarely hits any move spot-on, sometimes dot is good for one day only, sometimes more dot signals for a few days….etc etc
Today I’m still in sleeper zone, but we won't know 4 sure until after close (pink circles show no dots outside zzzz zone)
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$ONE:$ ... =237195458

PS hi efa
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Cobra wrote:volume surge, may see rebound here. bears need pray. bears need one single day that the morning dip is not being bought. just one single day.
Some thing tells me there will be a ramp job to shake the bears out one more time before the market heading lower. within TWO hours, I can tell the market makers are mad as hell right now no volume for them to sell to balance
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
cougar

Post by cougar »

jarbo456 wrote:
cougar wrote:

Is it a H&S top?
or
[The “ER expected minimal similarity” extension has been reduced from 100% to a prudent 78.6%, as an expression of movenet contraction at a lower level.
i think i'm too dumb to read your chart.

could you explain it a little to me?
i'll get back short CRR probably by the end of the day. it's rare that today's plunge is the end of it...
No, you re not …You and TraderGirl are the latest additions to my short list of “smart cookies”…

You actually got the essential: today should not be that last day of the plunge! On my chart , you can see what happened when CRR did not beat the market, but just made it (on 7/27/11). Today it did MUCH WORSE! So the first magenta descending line will express that 7/27 post-ER drop, as a standard. Then we calculate how low a similar drop would send us, by resetting the price to today(second, shallow ascending magenta line) and letting a Fibonacci scale go down. I decided that we might not go as low, proportionally (i.e. 100% extension) because the price starts to drop from a lower level, now. The closest representative Fib number for a corrected drop would be 78.6%: ~ $84 zone.
cougar

Post by cougar »

L_T wrote:
cougar wrote:

Is it a H&S top?
or
[The “ER expected minimal similarity” extension has been reduced from 100% to a prudent 78.6%, as an expression of movement contraction at a lower level.
YES," LT", that's it!
waverider

Post by waverider »

SLV.png
Can SLV jump over falling resistance, the 50% retracement, and this time cycle?
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

5 min
VIX just starting another possible compression
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SPY&p= ... =249026794

Veramo, that was May 2010 sell top. RSP:$CPCE is in cobra’s chart book, public info
SB73

Post by SB73 »

BullBear52x wrote:
Cobra wrote:volume surge, may see rebound here. bears need pray. bears need one single day that the morning dip is not being bought. just one single day.
Some thing tells me there will be a ramp job to shake the bears out one more time before the market heading lower. within TWO hours, I can tell the market makers are mad as hell right now no volume for them to sell to balance
Very interesting perspective. With volume as light as it has been how will all of the new fully invested bulls escape. I am not short right now, but it does raise the question. I suppose they will keep pushing the market up and selling into stregnth.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

good, someone does listen to bear's pray. so maintain the green line target. (again, I won't hope the tinted area full target).
Attachments
1.png

Roadrunner

Post by Roadrunner »

waverider wrote:
SLV.png
Can SLV jump over falling resistance, the 50% retracement, and this time cycle?
Hi WR
nice chart - why did you choose 1st week July as the start of the time cycle?
Me XMan

Post by Me XMan »

This little bear sitting on shorts and will hold overnight :D
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

cougar wrote:
L_T wrote:
cougar wrote:

Is it a H&S top?
or
YES," LT", that's it!
think i missed the opportunity to sell my calls on the bounce up to 117 (nice touch of the lower triangle)...oh well - just did it now. and got back short with some FEB 100 puts. the 85's looked juicy...but i don't like going that far out of the money when dealing with current month options.
Attachments
CRR Daily 01262012.2.png
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

cougar wrote:
jarbo456 wrote:
cougar wrote:

Is it a H&S top?
or
[The “ER expected minimal similarity” extension has been reduced from 100% to a prudent 78.6%, as an expression of movenet contraction at a lower level.
i think i'm too dumb to read your chart.

could you explain it a little to me?
i'll get back short CRR probably by the end of the day. it's rare that today's plunge is the end of it...
No, you re not …You and TraderGirl are the latest additions to my short list of “smart cookies”…

You actually got the essential: today should not be that last day of the plunge! On my chart , you can see what happened when CRR did not beat the market, but just made it (on 7/27/11). Today it did MUCH WORSE! So the first magenta descending line will express that 7/27 post-ER drop, as a standard. Then we calculate how low a similar drop would send us, by resetting the price to today(second, shallow ascending magenta line) and letting a Fibonacci scale go down. I decided that we might not go as low, proportionally (i.e. 100% extension) because the price starts to drop from a lower level, now. The closest representative Fib number for a corrected drop would be 78.6%: ~ $84 zone.
Thanks cougar! You are on mine... Your trade looks good, especially if we are in a corrective mode for the next 2 weeks or so...

Tomorrow we probably get the attempt and fail for a new high, then we could get a strong move down on Monday.

Btw, for fun, anyone know someone too happy? Here is a remedy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk5AjE_O8jk
gabor

Post by gabor »

BullBear52x wrote:
Do you really believe that some big guys tried to manipulate the market up to this point and now sell.