Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

02/28/2012 Intraday Watering

BullBear52x

Re: 02/28/2012 Intraday Watering

Post by BullBear52x »

dmeyer wrote:Case-Schiller down. Durables down. Greece in default. Market makes new high.

Make sense to me.
so far when Moody or S&P down grade anything it's created bottom, did they know something? or just another failed agencies that doesn't know what they are doing. US got down grade on August, Euro Banks got down grade in January, now the Greece. so far the down grade become a buy signal for our equity.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

THAT GUY wrote:Cobra, bias still up ?
I'm neutral now.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
SigmaEcho

Post by SigmaEcho »

Cobra wrote:
THAT GUY wrote:Cobra, bias still up ?
I'm neutral now.

nice H&S :lol:
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

here is \ES see my RSI, bearish now. Love this
Attachments
spy.JPG
soku

Post by soku »

dmeyer wrote:Case-Schiller down. Durables down. Greece in default. Market makes new high.

Make sense to me.
u forgot 2 things. consumer confidence up big. we consumers are confident we can borrow more money to spend. why worry about the sky.
also apple is going up. if newton lives to now, i am sure he is going to change his view of gravity. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

add: point 3, rumor says agreement with general attorney huge positive to us banks
what a wonderful world. god bless america. god bless american speculators
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
TWT

Post by TWT »

SPX: Please don´t "belly laugh" at this one :
Attachments
spx 5 min.png
stucap

Post by stucap »

Sell off overnight and make a low around market open. BTFD for an hour or so. Let everyone watch the paint dry as we consolidate for a few hours. And melt up into close.

Cobra, Ascending triangle maybe?
Attachments
2012-02-28-TOS_CHARTS.png
SigmaEcho

Post by SigmaEcho »

Cobra, how about the day-before-eom stats?
btran874

Post by btran874 »

TWT wrote:SPX: Please don´t "belly laugh" at this one :
I have never seen a wave 2 running flat inside ED but hey, the bias is down and sooner or later SPX will break 1354.32

Easy money. I am patiently waiting for this silly girl SPX to finish her 5th hair extension.
soku

Post by soku »

me not ew guy. if i remember correctly, ewp says ed shd have 33333 substructure. i don't see that in current one or the one u posted yesterday. tell me why it is wedge but not a channel?
johnnywa

Post by johnnywa »

What is there to laugh at? I have 1378,1363-67,1388-92 maybe as high as 1400 by next week
btran874

Post by btran874 »

johnnywa wrote:
What is there to laugh at? I have 1378,1363-67,1388-92 maybe as high as 1400 by next week
Give me the wave numbers on that one please. I am very interested.
soku

Post by soku »

ever since i draw my line at 1371.25 (actual 1371.5) it has been challenged 100 times already. my confidence of this line is fading. even tho, the market is exhausted. i don't think it could go too high. no complaints. just live with it. :(
soku

Post by soku »

kena, and whoever into re/reit. let's find sometime to study the case-shiller report. we will compare notes after close.
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

You guys see a diamond on IWM 1 min ?
Twitter @jackwag0n
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

i see an ascending on /es and spy...-_-

soku, are you looking for something that dives into the case shiller report (explains it's composition)? or a data comparison in terms of market performance in relation to the case shiller numbers over time?
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

now the bias is up, I see ascending triangle here.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
soku

Post by soku »

jarbo456 wrote:i see an ascending on /es and spy...-_-

soku, are you looking for something that dives into the case shiller report (explains it's composition)? or a data comparison in terms of market performance in relation to the case shiller numbers over time?
kena and i are in reit now. as i discussed couple weeks ago, i think re is recovering.
i am trying to understand this report in detail, and the correlation of c-s index to reit performance if possible. numbrs look missed expectation, but on bloomberg interview, they gave an interesting explanation. from their saying, i understand they also believe re bottomed.
taggard

Post by taggard »

EvilTrader wrote:
dmeyer wrote:Case-Schiller down. Durables down. Greece in default. Market makes new high. Make sense to me.
Yeah, just follow the money up and down...dont try to make sense of it...i will die without making sense of women...so... :lol:
just a throw away in both cases. in the case of a woman often the best idea is to invert your thinking 180 degrees. often in the context of being a woman--their thinking makes a whole lot of sense. (hint the same thing is true of you) as an example that a guy might understand. consider 2 rock climbers on a middle/upper problem (5-12d). the guy has an advantage--strength. the woman has an advantage--flexibility. the guy has a disadvantage-lack of flexibility the woman has a disadvantage-lack of strength. all this on average and not accounting for relative measures (strength to weight ratios etc).

this means that the guy can "force" moves up to a point. This will be a problem later in life if it's a habit all his life. It will also burn a lot of energy which usually is not a problem. The gal may need to be "technical" in nature eg to approach each problem focusing on flexibility exact body position and maximum leverage/balance which she creates by this attention to detail. Hence a 180 degree inversion of approach. And quite easy to understand. Both people are playing to their strengths.

we care about this because we like women--and because it is useful in trading. and in both cases the solution to the problem is listening carefully--as opposed to formatting. Sure women are full of it sometimes--just like guys and just like the market. But most of the time there is a simple logical pattern in place--it just may not be "our" pattern. i would say "things "make sense" only relative to the context in which they are discussed".

consider the obvious--if guys have strength while younger and lose it as they get older--they should pay attention to women's skill sets early on to be ready and avoid injury. if women have not got strength they should pay attention to men's skill sets because that is where their weakness is.

in general there are fewer women in trading then men. a rule of thumb is that any time you find a woman in a man's profession doing great--it's worth a bit of time. (1) odds are she is really hot at what she does (2) her take is going to be somewhat different. (3) you might learn something.

on average my sense from the 20 or so women i have run into in various stetting is the approaches be it futures or stock are less "technical" or "abstract" to some degree than lots of guys. and a recent study just showed women better in math due to verbal ability while still lower in the really out there high end abstract stuff (beware this is changing over time). maybe this will be linked to corpus callosum maybe not. one lady i watch is helene meisler--and the combination of verbal skills and simple math is very evident in her stuff--which on average over 30 years is very good. more to the point it's easy to understand an apply. she treats the market the way you mite a pet cat. a lot of humor and patience.

The bottom line is when we fail to understand stuff--it's not that the events outside us are "irrational" it's because we are failing to place them in the correct context. as for the current situation so far for some time we have more or less had the euro guys and us guys more or less saying--we will create liquidity every time it becomes a huge issue. this will almost certainly fail--but it is not irrational that people have taken this as a reason to buy stocks. further using a simple range flip on qqq (weekly) you can see where the last major range measures to 70. on spx blowing the stops at 1550+ would be fun. i am not predicting higher--i am making the case that it is not irrational behavior--esp when we are all trend followers. actually the real flaw up until now has been the attempts to short the move which (given the context) are more irrational.

beware boxing things as "irrational" as some have using astrology in trading here--i personally don't use it--but i would look very carefully at the results of the system first--then the person--and then decide if it makes sense. frankly some of the techincal stuff here is no more functional.

the real problems that take out the market maybe a result of the liquidity issues now taking place. and these problems will likely not be seen until too late. the solution leads to the problem and the problem to the solution.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

here is something to look at.
Attachments
spy.JPG