Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

03/17/2012 Weekend Watering

KeiZai

03/17/2012 Weekend Watering

Post by KeiZai »

Ding-ding welcome to the world of weekend watering(voice of sensation)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK4m5fliYv8 :ugeek:
Ok no more drinking during the day :lol:
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
KeiZai

Re: 03/17/2012 Weekend Watering

Post by KeiZai »

First chart crude oil, as u can see we have a nice iH&S pattern there...neckline (fibonacci 61.8) was tested 3times aaaand successfully, with the rumors around iran-izrael target 130 is not so unrealistic
Attachments
Crude.png
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

T-notes, thats why I am long TBT
Attachments
BB.png
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Do you remeber this chart?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=453&p=61570#p61570

Here is update
Attachments
DAX2.png
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

StockCharts members please help prompting my rank in public chart list by vote and follow, thanks. The link is here: http://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/tenpp

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

More later have more stuff 4u :D
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

institutional accumulation and distribution. I don't read this chart bullish, because accumulation doesn't hit new high although SPX did while distribution still is up.
Attachments
6.png

Harapa

Post by Harapa »

My long(er) term model for SPY using TRIN data remains in Buy mode. SMA of TRIN (2nd panel) is right above the last resistance/support level. A drop below this line, IMHO, will open the flood gate.
SPY_TRIN.png
My Small Cap Long-Intermediate term Model remains in Sell mode. Both price and Lending_Environment (LE) based oscillators are in sell mode. As prices didn’t deteriorate much since the last sell (actually shorts based on last signal are in red), price oscillator can quickly turn positive with further improvement in price. Also, note the LE is getting very close to turning positive. When both are positive, it is very rewarding to hold long position for longer duration. Also note that during this time short swings do poorly. (This is a “Trend is your friend” setup).
Smll_Cap.png
My shorter term Small Cap model is currently in Buy mode. However, it is expected to give a Sell signal in next few days ;). This has been a good dog (86% win rate) :D .
TNA_INT_Trades.png
My three models above may make you think that I am confused. But I am not. I use all these in real time. As a consequence at times I am both long and short. Since no model is infallible, by using different models I hope to avoid pitfalls of any one model. I hope this setup will continue to work for me as it has in the past (I know past performance is not a guarantee of future)

Now you must be wondering what I am doing in a day trading forum. Before I try to answer this take a careful look at all three panels for Shorter term small cap model and note the following:
For this model
All 28 prior exit bars were red.
In all cases price made a higher high (then a day earlier) on the day of exit
Prices were soft after the exit. Actually taking a short position on exiting from TNA would have fetched 136% return (79% win rate).

This model predicts a sell off of some kind after the expected signal materializes some time next week.

So now what I am doing here. I am here to improve my timing of execution of trades. This table should illustrate the motive (key NDO, Next day Open after signal, etc.)
PF return.png
PF return.png (1.61 KiB) Viewed 5282 times
Happy trading! :roll:

Disclaimer: This is not advice to buy or sell anything. This information is for educational purposes, therefore, should be used for this purpose only.
Above is provided for informational purposes only and shouldn't be considered an investment advice or recommendation to buy or sell anything.
trendfollower

Post by trendfollower »

Sorry about that.
Last edited by trendfollower on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Harapa

Post by Harapa »

trendfollower wrote:Interesting examples on Momentum Reversal Method for picking stocks:

http://goo.gl/Lj6Bi

More on method here:

http://goo.gl/7hn7e

I have been following this for a while.
The links you provided are nothing but advertisements and offer no information regarding the system.
Above is provided for informational purposes only and shouldn't be considered an investment advice or recommendation to buy or sell anything.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

PAGING COBRA:
Cobra u said yesterday:
””””I guess someone does read my daily portfolio update. I almost give it up because it's too damn hard to do 5 systems at the same time”””””

Please put this in your suggestion box:
If there is a way for you to COMBINE your “Portfolio Update” page with your “Trading Signals” page, it might be easier on you, and would be easier on subscribers (me). There must be a way to combine 5 systems into 4 or even 3 with NO LOSS of essential content.
Streamline: like the way u combined the English with the Chinese translation onto one single page.
And by “essential” I mean ALL your overnight posts are ESSENTIAL to me.

[Just a suggestion from one person who reads all yr stuff every night or pre-market a.m.]

Keep up the GREAT work
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Al_Dente wrote:PAGING COBRA:
Cobra u said yesterday:
””””I guess someone does read my daily portfolio update. I almost give it up because it's too damn hard to do 5 systems at the same time”””””

Please put this in your suggestion box:
If there is a way for you to COMBINE your “Portfolio Update” page with your “Trading Signals” page, it might be easier on you, and would be easier on subscribers (me). There must be a way to combine 5 systems into 4 or even 3 with NO LOSS of essential content.
Streamline: like the way u combined the English with the Chinese translation onto one single page.
And by “essential” I mean ALL your overnight posts are ESSENTIAL to me.

[Just a suggestion from one person who reads all yr stuff every night or pre-market a.m.]

Keep up the GREAT work
Thanks for the suggestion. I may eventually combine them but now I need complete the system and test them for awhile before making them final. Anything in Trading Signals must be final.

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Here’s the rub:
We’re in such a nosebleed zone that there’s not much supply up here (see “volume by price” in blue bars at left; it shrinks at our current level).
If short-covering continues and more buyers crawl out of the woodwork, the lack of supply could just push prices higher, as buyers stretch to long at any price, so to speak. And the simple laws of supply (little) and demand (we’ll see just how much demand, if any, is still left) could kick in again…
Anything is possible, including the opposite. All bears need is a decent piece of neg news (pick your favorite crisis catalyst: oil, Iran, EU, etc.)
for this scenario to reverse quickly.
If u revise this chart and cut it off at 2007 or 2009 or 2010 etc., you will see the same low (and even lower) volume/supply.
Alternative interpretations are welcomed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlvUepMa31o
317volbyprice.png
Last edited by Al_Dente on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

And here’s a fresh Ned Davis Research quickie on gasoline and yesterday’s econ numbers
http://screencast.com/t/oKFh0rzeBd
(I like Ned bcuz he’s brief, heavy on data and very light on the kool-aid)

[edit for newbies: “y/y” means year-over-year, or this yr compared 2 last yr]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdZ2JXCC ... re=related
Harapa

Post by Harapa »

Al_Dente wrote:Here’s the rub:
We’re in such a nosebleed zone that there’s not much supply up here (see “volume by price” in blue bars at left; it shrinks at our current level).
If short-covering continues and more buyers crawl out of the woodwork, the lack of supply could just push prices higher, as buyers stretch to long at any price, so to speak. And the simple laws of supply (little) and demand (we’ll see just how much demand, if any, is still left) could kick in again…
Anything is possible, including the opposite. All bears need is a decent piece of neg news (pick your favorite crisis catalyst: oil, Iran, EU, etc.)
for this scenario to reverse quickly.
If u revise this chart and cut it off at 2007 or 2009 or 2010 etc., you will see the same low (and even lower) volume/supply.
Alternative interpretations are welcomed.
Anemic RSP:SPY ratio indicates that only generals are advancing in this phase of market advance. (IWM:SPY ratio indicates the same). This seems like a classic market top formation; large cap gaining- small cap lagging. A subscription service that I have followed for the past 15 years has an indicator called selling vacuum. This proprietary indicator is a blazing Buy, in line with your assertion that this market is driven by lack of sellers and desperate buyer who are willing to pay anything in fear of being left behind (thus buy the dip seen in the last few months). Only the timing of the ending and not the end is a matter of speculation, in my opinion.
Attachments
RSP_SPY.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY TO ALL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=852gverKRPo

Thanks Harapa, I agree.
Also the Wilshire $WLSH our broadest market index (5000 stocks) and its ratios show “broad-market” weakness.
mozart

Post by mozart »

Silver,in 1980 touched 3 times trend line from all time high, went from 37.50 to about 12.50 in short period of time .
On weekly chart Silver touched same line 3rd time @37.50, will history repeat itself ?
SP ,how far will go ?
Have a great weekend guys !!
Attachments
Chart courtesy of StockCharts.com
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

I think most of us TA junkies agreed that we are really stretched here but that is not good enough reason to just jump in and short. a die-hard counter trend especially if you use VIX as one of your tool, well that thing shot down all the hope as of last Friday. many have giving up on volatility indexes, not I, I still a strong believer in momentum of fear and greed (VIX, VXN, VXD, RVX, VXO, and VXX.....) I combine them of late and I can see a clearer of how they move. one hour time frame is best. here is what I got.
spy.JPG
intrady too, I have been using TICK, TICKQ, TRIN, and VIX ( I drop TNX Dr. Al special) they were good but they lag lots of pennies LOL, so I started to experiment with inverted ratio for now the SPY:VIX RSI(50) turned out a winner, there's more to come as I grow older and one day I'll be mature like most of you great TA guru here. have a good St. Patrick's day all.
1.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

One more, how about the Bulls?
spy.JPG
Fib support lots of supports, here is Fib support if there's correction
spy1.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

:D Thats my newish stuff :D

numero uno: very big picture as u can see we entered into sweet red zone :geek: right time to buy stocks :lol:
TimeX-y.png
2: big picture: favours little bit bulls, but it doesnt mean we cannt fall more then 100p like in 2005 ;) our bear time will probably come in 2014 where my evil plan will come to fruition(more about it later)
TimeX.png
3: other ones, we are right AT or a little bit above time resistance (little deviation is normal thing) so the point is we are either going to drop from here or we extend run toward next resistance
newstuff.png
TimeX-D1.png
TimeX-H4.png
Last edited by KeiZai on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.