Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

08/25/2011 Intraday Watering

jarbo456

Re: 08/25/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by jarbo456 »

varaamo wrote:So as seekingknowledge mentioned, spotting this would be to look at unusually long candlestick tails?. So, in your intraday chart that you posted with this pattern, what timeframe is it showing? Because i checked on TOS platform, 1 min and 5 min charts, but couldn't find this phantom bar.

Thanks for sharing
Anaconda wrote:
varaamo wrote:I see quite a reference to phantom bars. I am new to it. Could anyone tell me it's candlestick definition. Or is it just a visible cue?

It's not a formal or official technical signal. It is simply what appears to be an abberation on the charts, which - these days - appears quite frequently. Essentially it amounts to a candlestick bar shooting either much higher or lower than the tick shows. In other words, the candle will show a sudden extreme price change which isn't reflected on the index...and it stays there. Any clearer?
GL.
A
varaamo. it didn't show on the TOS charts. so we were out of luck. ;)
grachu

Post by grachu »

cobra you mean the 3 rd leg down on this bear correction right .. the big one that you been taking about to possible go to SP 500 at 11o0- 1000 ?
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

This selling is so deep, now the my early sign of swing sell signal is flashing, that is sell the rip or sell the new LOD with today HOD as a stop. I am now officially bearish.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

soku wrote:how is everybody doing? sry for being absent for a while. during earthquake, my office building was closed. i quickly ran to my beach house. then today they evacuate me again because of irene. it is damn hard to find a safe haven nowadays. nowhere to stay, so i have to come back. :D
:mrgreen: :lol:

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
varaamo

Post by varaamo »

Thanks jarbo. Looks like we need to use some sophisticated data provider like option express to detect these aberrations.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

grachu wrote:cobra you mean the 3 rd leg down on this bear correction right .. the big one that you been taking about to possible go to SP 500 at 11o0- 1000 ?
I mean the pullback this time will be a little bigger.

On daily chart, we're still one the 2nd leg down.

it's really very rare we don't test 08/09 lows and the market simply bottomed.

soku

Post by soku »

AK84 wrote:
rola wrote:APPLE is down "only" 1,7 %, it looks they don t need Steve too much
they do ....but Tim Cook knows how to run the show. Steve is going to be chairman so its not much of a change. just giivng the day to day ceo operations to Tim!

P-bar on AAPL 5 minute chart btw today to 365. Anyone else get that ?
agree. aapl did couple rounds of drill already. tim did a good job when acting on steve's medical leave. in fact that was 2 very good quarters for aapl too. i don't change my mid term view of aapl. they have prod plan to 2015. i assume they will have the same growth for at least a year or 2.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

varaamo wrote:Thanks jarbo. Looks like we need to use some sophisticated data provider like option express to detect these aberrations.
not at all. sometimes they show up on TOS. i do not know why some ECN's show it or not, but i'm sure it's mechanical in some way.
99er

Post by 99er »

BB62x: "I am now officially bearish."

10-15.

[Ask Tabby.]
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

rebound as I said. I'm still pissed off, cannot believe somebody kept saying I'm mostly wrong. Let's see if my speculation about the 2nd leg down is right or not. Maybe I'm wrong again like ALWAYS. :evil:
Attachments
1.png

rola

Post by rola »

lazytrader wrote:
AK84 wrote:
they do ....but Tim Cook knows how to run the show. Steve is going to be chairman so its not much of a change. just giivng the day to day ceo operations to Tim!

They will rip AAPL tomorrow...watch out
I think the same
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

99er wrote:BB62x: "I am now officially bearish."

10-15.

[Ask Tabby.]
who is BB62x? is that my new replace model? new and improve version?
soku

Post by soku »

shumushu wrote:
Cobra wrote:
shumushu wrote:
Cobra wrote:Europe is celebrating the deal too, oh, wait a minue, may be I should put the chart upside down? :roll:
hahah, well said. What is interesting is that it is hard to believe market would even react this way to stupid news like 5Billion buffet etc..
tell your farther, don't visit wenxuecity anymore, instead he can drop by my site at hutong9.net.

I checked the wenxuecity, some of them kept saying that I was wrong most of the time and my statistics are useless. All in all I'm the worst ever analyst. All my hard working analysis is no match with their single word shouted in every few days. I was very offended. And I'm very confident if my analysis is this bad, then how come I have a 40,000 unique IP visitors every month? Does that mean you guys are idiot (since I'm the worst ever)?
Hahah, I'll let my father know that Cobra personally said this to me. I personally read all sorts of opinions, it keeps me unbiased more often than not. The other day, I saw a projection of gold to 4000 next year and many agreed, I was sure the market will flop soon. :roll:
actually he is yelling at yr dad in person. since he is not here, or he is hiding in anonymous, you are blamed in turn :D
i am surprised cobra goes to all websites to check people's comments, on top of the heavy load of his own places. this guy is a machine.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
brownstein00

Post by brownstein00 »

cobra....ignore what anyone says...your expertise has been invaluable to many... :roll:
KENA

Post by KENA »

Cobra wrote:rebound as I said. I'm still pissed off, cannot believe somebody kept saying I'm mostly wrong. Let's see if my speculation about the 2nd leg down is right or not. Maybe I'm wrong again like ALWAYS. :evil:
Don't pay any attention to them.When you are better then the others..Thats when others try to tear you down.Now you know you are better.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Cobra wrote:rebound as I said. I'm still pissed off, cannot believe somebody kept saying I'm mostly wrong. Let's see if my speculation about the 2nd leg down is right or not. Maybe I'm wrong again like ALWAYS. :evil:
Cobra, Any one questioning you they will get the answer in a day or two. I didn't know know snake got six senses
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

soku wrote:
shumushu wrote:
Cobra wrote:
shumushu wrote:
Cobra wrote:Europe is celebrating the deal too, oh, wait a minue, may be I should put the chart upside down? :roll:
hahah, well said. What is interesting is that it is hard to believe market would even react this way to stupid news like 5Billion buffet etc..
tell your farther, don't visit wenxuecity anymore, instead he can drop by my site at hutong9.net.

I checked the wenxuecity, some of them kept saying that I was wrong most of the time and my statistics are useless. All in all I'm the worst ever analyst. All my hard working analysis is no match with their single word shouted in every few days. I was very offended. And I'm very confident if my analysis is this bad, then how come I have a 40,000 unique IP visitors every month? Does that mean you guys are idiot (since I'm the worst ever)?
Hahah, I'll let my father know that Cobra personally said this to me. I personally read all sorts of opinions, it keeps me unbiased more often than not. The other day, I saw a projection of gold to 4000 next year and many agreed, I was sure the market will flop soon. :roll:
actually he is yelling at yr dad in person. since he is not here, or he is hiding in anonymous, you are blamed in turn :D
i am surprised cobra goes to all websites to check people's comments, on top of the heavy load of his own places. this guy is a machine.

:lol: :lol: i don't check at all. I know people on the other site like to mock me every often, like you guys always mock Cramer (Don't know how to spell it). So I never bother to visit outside my own sites. :mrgreen:

varaamo

Post by varaamo »

jarbo, i don't know to read the tick charts well, but i did notice a long candlestick head on the 144tick chart at 9:30 (EST)in SPY. Would that be a phantom bar?

jarbo456 wrote:
varaamo wrote:Thanks jarbo. Looks like we need to use some sophisticated data provider like option express to detect these aberrations.
not at all. sometimes they show up on TOS. i do not know why some ECN's show it or not, but i'm sure it's mechanical in some way.
Anaconda

Post by Anaconda »

varaamo wrote:So as seekingknowledge mentioned, spotting this would be to look at unusually long candlestick tails?. So, in your intraday chart that you posted with this pattern, what timeframe is it showing? Because i checked on TOS platform, 1 min and 5 min charts, but couldn't find this phantom bar.

Thanks for sharing
Anaconda wrote:
varaamo wrote:I see quite a reference to phantom bars. I am new to it. Could anyone tell me it's candlestick definition. Or is it just a visible cue?

It's not a formal or official technical signal. It is simply what appears to be an abberation on the charts, which - these days - appears quite frequently. Essentially it amounts to a candlestick bar shooting either much higher or lower than the tick shows. In other words, the candle will show a sudden extreme price change which isn't reflected on the index...and it stays there. Any clearer?
GL.
A
The chart I posted was a 15 minute chart for the SPY. Good luck.
A
progruss

Post by progruss »

jarbo456 wrote:
lazytrader wrote:
AK84 wrote:

They will rip AAPL tomorrow...watch out
Rip AAPL @ Jackson Hole? Or are you referring to anything else?