Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

09/27/2011 Intraday Watering

StrikePrice

Re: 09/27/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by StrikePrice »

Clearly yesterday at 2pm a Wave 3 buying frenzy kicked off. With this momentum I expect a running correction and a Wave 5 move to the 1,198 to 1,208 area which may not get done until tomorrow morning.

Of course since we've only retraced around 70% of the move down from 1220 an Alternate count could be an Elongated Flat which should start selling off through the afternoon session. I'd want a Bearish TD Price Flip on the hourly chart to lean in this direction.
Attachments
SP50015.png
ultramarine

Post by ultramarine »

BullBear52x wrote:
Cobra wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:heads up hard core bears! the EUR/USD is losing a strenght, DT bears scalping should start soon.
u... u... u... u... u... go first... we... we... we.. follow behind you... :( :shock: :?
heading right back up as soon as I mentioned it :cry: I will go with TZA once this breaks down.
Thanks -- this is a good heads up for a potential sell signal.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

BullBear52x wrote:
silicon_beaver wrote:
Cobra wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:heads up hard core bears! the EUR/USD is losing a strenght, DT bears scalping should start soon.
u... u... u... u... u... go first... we... we... we.. follow behind you... :( :shock: :?
I believe, BEN is watching us (mainly Cobra's posts) here and decides how to move against the evil plan. :mrgreen:
I don't think any one watching only 100 or so of us here.
Wrong, I give you 3 chances to guess, how many are watching this board. most just silent.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Cobra wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:
silicon_beaver wrote:
Cobra wrote:
I believe, BEN is watching us (mainly Cobra's posts) here and decides how to move against the evil plan. :mrgreen:
Wrong, I give you 3 chances to guess, how many are watching this board. most just silent.
300?
500?
1000?
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

BullBear52x wrote: 300?
500?
1000?
wrong!
wrong!
wrong!

Give you another 3 chances. You've already lost 3 trades! :lol:

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Paging ultramarine

Weekend seekingalpha.com had an interesting take on the $GOLD:$SILVER ratio
They calculate the 36 year historical average near 52 on ratio (just opinion/analysis)
http://seekingalpha.com/article/295700- ... rce=nasdaq
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
silicon_beaver

Post by silicon_beaver »

Cobra wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:
silicon_beaver wrote:
Cobra wrote:

600 ~ 1000 persons daily, per Cobra's early post.

If BEN or "someone" watches here to decide what they do. Actually it's good for Cobra's and the forum. "Under Monitor within a quick-move finance market"
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Cobra wrote:
500?
1000?
wrong!
wrong!
wrong!

Give you another 3 chances. You've already lost 3 trades! :lol:
Wow, really? no wonder TA getting harder in price projections.
AK84

Post by AK84 »

1799 people are watching
auger

Post by auger »

500?
1000?
;)
online.png
ultramarine

Post by ultramarine »

Mr. BachNut wrote:
ultramarine wrote:
Mr. BachNut wrote:Short is trapped. Did add to position to average price up, now SPY 116.43. Total position has been kept on the small side.
Will generate a small profit if gap to yesterday's close ever gets closed and a big profit if there is a move to new lows.
Bad news is that this bounce much higher than it should have been, which puts thesis in serious doubt.
Of particular concern is that NYA and certain other indexes hit lower low with positive divergences. So, there is an arguement for a double bottom having been made even though S&P didn't make one.
Will not be adding further to position. Have stop near last weeks highs but may tighten that if market action dictates.
Gulp.
Thanks for the update, Mr Bachnut. Agree that the up move has been powerful but that is often the case in bear market rallies after seriously oversold conditions. I plan to add some tiny short positions this afternoon, probably nearer to the close. If it goes to 1200, fine by me. I would only close the short if we exceeded 1220. TLT has been firming up a bit here. It is close to channel support, so if that holds, then maybe the equities rally will top out here. A breakdown of the channel near 114 would be bad news for bears though.
Agree. There should be a pretty good resistance zone around 1210 based on a couple of moving averages converging around there. If that falls, it will be telling.
One thought about TLT. Everyone is focused on windowdressing the equities. However, a lot of treasuries have been bought in recent weeks at very high prices. I imagine there will be some big funds out there who would like to see a nice quarter end print on their bond holdings. Just a thought. I don't know what to expect.

I think a close above the 50 DMA (now at 1207) would be Bearmageddon. I'm net short so that would be disappointing as I would have to close some ST positions. But TLT and FXE are strongly hinting at intraday reversals here so I am hopeful that the equities pullback won't be long in coming. End of day today or maybe tomorrow.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

H2 long on first touch of EMA20, let's see how this long setup plays out...
Attachments
1.png

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

silicon_beaver wrote: 600 ~ 1000 persons daily, per Cobra's early post.

If BEN or "someone" watches here to decide what they do. Actually it's good for Cobra's and the forum. "Under Monitor within a quick-move finance market"
Still wrong! :lol:

BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

My TZA filled at 44.69666666 I think I will make money today, hell with whoever watching, small potato here :x
ultramarine

Post by ultramarine »

Al_Dente wrote:Paging ultramarine

Weekend seekingalpha.com had an interesting take on the $GOLD:$SILVER ratio
They calculate the 36 year historical average near 52 on ratio (just opinion/analysis)
http://seekingalpha.com/article/295700- ... rce=nasdaq
Cheers, AD. The normalization of the gold silver ratio would suggest the speculative froth is coming out of precious metals. I thought it was telling that the writer was long both but admitted that if silver didn't rally back hard this week, he would sell. If the PM bulls are saying that, then it's really quite bearish over all. It's at resistance today, but if it can't break above the May low, then it could be bombs away again. We shall see.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

anyone care to guess?

I'll give you 2 data:

one is absolute unique IP address visits measured monthly, this should be very precise because not everyone come here everyday but IP address mostly remain the same for at least 3 months. This is the number measuring how many people are visiting this site.

the 2nd data is the daily visits. a visit = if you open this forum and keep refreshing it, it only counts as 1 session, so the daily visits almost reflects the average daily visits.

OK, everyone give a guess.

My daily report, by the way, should be double the number I'm about to give here.

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

auger wrote:
500?
1000?
;)
online.png
that's only mean the current 5 minute.

Tabby

Post by Tabby »