Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

06/30/2011 Intraday Watering

HK88

Re: 06/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by HK88 »

I would very much like to see the NYMO today, I am sure it will be overbought if we finish like this today, leaving almost no room for a beginning of month rally..
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

barbaragull wrote:
Cobra wrote:interesting, it's still in the morning, already 7 pages. :lol:
Remember once you said that high volume of visit when market near bottom -- the essence probably many people (bulls) are in much pain there. Hope the opposite also works, near the top when also many poople, bears this time, are in great pain. :roll:
yes, bears are in pain but unfortunately, i don't have good news for bears. it's very very rare that the market reverse sharply here, so bears need a miracle here.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
shumushu

Post by shumushu »

I think very short term, the market is up. However, i've noticed something interesting today. The last few push up has tick reading below 700. Then the push up gets faded quickly. I think it suggests a weakness in strength. Definitely not falling yet. What is the seasonality of July 1st
99er

Post by 99er »

30-Year Bond
Ben needs a miracle.
http://99ercharts.blogspot.com/2011/06/30y_30.html
Bonds are much more important to those that count than any equity.
Calling all Primary Dealers right now I bet.
StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

Cobra wrote:
barbaragull wrote:
Remember once you said that high volume of visit when market near bottom -- the essence probably many people (bulls) are in much pain there. Hope the opposite also works, near the top when also many poople, bears this time, are in great pain. :roll:
yes, bears are in pain but unfortunately, i don't have good news for bears. it's very very rare that the market reverse sharply here, so bears need a miracle here.
I'd been quiet recently (6/14 - 6/28) because of the big moves in volatility are great for trading like crazy. Last two days it's just sit and watch grind higher so very little to trade. I want the volatility back! (as does the bears)
uempel

Post by uempel »

99er wrote:uempel:

Thanks for the heads up; always find your BP charts helpful.

But my charts say "sell."

My coffee maker, however, has yet to say a word.
Well, if 1320 breaks to the upside I don't see strong resistance beneath 1330 - 1340ish...
Tabby

Post by Tabby »

99er wrote:uempel:

Thanks for the heads up; always find your BP charts helpful.

But my charts say "sell."

My coffee maker, however, has yet to say a word.
I think my expresso start pffffffffffffing. It might be a false piffffffffing, lets see. Cougar, how is your expresso machine ?
Tabby

Post by Tabby »

It might be false alarm in TZA.Waiting to see what is happening
HK88

Post by HK88 »

Come on guys, if you step on it a little more, we will end the quarter flat :D
angrybear

Post by angrybear »

Cobra wrote:
barbaragull wrote:
cobra laoda why dun u trade the es instead of the spy?
endangered510

Post by endangered510 »

EUR/USD and S&P meeting strong resistance at the same time.
99er

Post by 99er »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

angrybear wrote:
Cobra wrote:
barbaragull wrote:
I trade ES. I show you spy chart is because it's convenient to show. besides, trade leveraged ETF has some good points which I explained before, mainly because it's easy to hold both direction during the trend transition period.

rhight

Post by rhight »

NY low volume day. End of quarter near, 401K statements, etc. going out. Last quarter finished about SPX 1325 and near that now. Stock mutual fund outflows this past quarter. USD dollar 4 day downtrend mirrors SPX uptrend. No high TICK since 10AM. TICK & TRIN nuetral. No selling yet. Has the mission to stem the mutual fund outflows been accomplished? Mutual fund flows second hand news, can anyone confirm? After typing all this I see HK88 just said something similar, oh well, bears repeating.
Swing to Intermediate SPX Analysis - multiple time frame - Daily & 60 min time and price cycle analysis.
Usually trade SSO / SDS
AK84

Post by AK84 »

Cobra wrote:
angrybear wrote:
Cobra wrote:
barbaragull wrote:
I trade ES. I show you spy chart is because it's convenient to show. besides, trade leveraged ETF has some good points which I explained before, mainly because it's easy to hold both direction during the trend transition period.
which lev ETF do u use to trade?
SPXU ?
endangered510

Post by endangered510 »

Intermediate term is a concern for me b/c the volume of insider selling recently has been very high compared to the level of insider buying.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

very first touch of EMA20 for more than 2 hours, should be a long setup somewhere around here. the thing not good for bulls are green and pink.
Attachments
1.png

oldpigwang

Post by oldpigwang »

"it's very very rare that the market reverse sharply here, so bears need a miracle here."
Look at chart, many times huge rally on 7/4, then huge gap down after 7/4. Be prepaired.
But this time, the post 7/4 game may be gap up=final top, then down. Since toooooooo many put need tobt killed.
rhight

Post by rhight »

USO been diving since 11am. What's the news?
Answering my own post, from Zero Hedge :
"Per Reuters: "The International Energy Agency could decide by mid-July whether the release of strategic oil reserves needs to be extended for a month or two, an official said." And there is that transitory word again: "Richard Jones, deputy executive director of the IEA, said he believed the release would be temporary since demand would likely drop in the fourth quarter."
Last edited by rhight on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swing to Intermediate SPX Analysis - multiple time frame - Daily & 60 min time and price cycle analysis.
Usually trade SSO / SDS
stockcycle

Post by stockcycle »

I want to sell. Seems pull-back is the next day. My 5' 10' and 15' charts telling me sell. Anyway I only expect 2 or 1.5 days in red.