cougar wrote:I am watching this level for VIX:
nice one cougar, thanks
U R welcome. Here is the update:
Attachments
vix5.GIF
trust_yr_instinct

Re: 01/13/2012 Intraday Watering

Post by trust_yr_instinct »

excellent chart last night from 99er that gave us a heads up about todays open and direction...gotta watch for the signals the big boys ' discreetly send to each other ' over there on wall street...on no its no rigged not at all .... LOL

your site is the BEST Cobra and will be joining up this weekend for sure before the deadline, just want to say that you and everyone here are just amazing at what you do, and so humble and professional about it...thanks for your efforts and am glad to pay for a membership
Attachments
chart from 99er near yesterdays close
chart from 99er near yesterdays close
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

tough call here. the rebound should be 2 legged, but on the other hand, the pullback should be 2 legged too. so I'll watch. :shock:
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
waverider

Post by waverider »

spx.png
Agree, nice Cougar! here's the SPX I drew yesterday, trying to copy Uempei haha.
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore
cougar

Post by cougar »

waverider wrote:
spx.png
Agree, nice Cougar! here's the SPX I drew yesterday, trying to copy Uempei haha.
Love it! It's wonderful to try new things...and to find out that sometimes they reveal something unexpected!
stucap

Post by stucap »

Cobra wrote:tough call here. the rebound should be 2 legged, but on the other hand, the pullback should be 2 legged too. so I'll watch. :shock:
tough call indeed. perhaps the bears will take over today. every dog has its day.....

we can resume buying on tuesday :)
taggard

Post by taggard »

Another data point for turn study. In addition to watching levels on McClellan Oscillator, I also watch trends for signs of reversal. Today we have a crossover down on a rising bottoms line. See bottom pane on chart. This is a bearish development. What is missing is that it is not coming from an overbought peak. So, I will look for confirmation (usually a jiggle up followed by a lower low) perhaps next week.

i spend a lot of time with this indicator along with 10/30 moving averages of the nyse advance decline line. the nymo acts like a 10 ad moving average of nyse ad line--and the nysi acts like a 30 day ma of nyse ad line. on nysi i like rsi at stock settings (use stock charts for this stuff only look after hours during day use 10 and 30 ad on excel using wsj data). matching nymo tops/bottoms (either index or slo sto set at 5/3 so fast) with nysi (rsi) tops/bottoms works fairly nicely. from this perspective the nysi and 30 day ma (eg the longer term indicators) appear to be setting up for a flat to up week the week after exp. if so your desired condition could set in towards the end of next week and the start of the following week--which is consistent with the usual end of the month attempt (eg even if we blow of the month usually there is at least an attempt towards that last part to go up)

earlier you mentioned max pain and spy 126. i have to say i have not had good "luck" over the years with max pain. options week does get impacted--but it is very situational (in my experience). here your idea is interesting in light of (1) the last 3 days action in spy maybe producing a measured move to roughly 126. (2) as well as a gap at the start of the year which is just under 126.

sorry you had to lose any of the short position yesterday. what was interesting than that was the number of people on this site (and everywhere else) that figured we would gap up this morning. The whole thing is so perceptual--so they bot it yesterday since they knew we would be up this morning--now are they selling today since jan options week is delicate and usually has a bad end?

good luck (to both of us) on the rest of the trade (we make our own luck)
proteus46

Post by proteus46 »

Cobra, any thought on the 5 minute TZA chart, have we completed the 1st push-up, more to come?
Attachments
TZA 5 MINUTE
TZA 5 MINUTE
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Crystal ball version
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

BullBear52x wrote:Crystal ball version
I like your crystal ball BullBear! Let's hope your crystal ball is correct! :lol:
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

THX BB52x...thumbs up for ur charts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wTlureUMP8
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

i like it. what's the time frame though? lol
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

1min
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SPY&p= ... listNum=15

PAGING Baron von Carey
Bloomberg turned off
Mariah turned on…. so to speak…
Toooooo nice, thanks Baron

PAGING Taggard, thanks, I cut/pasted that one to read again later
I don’t have a PhD in Psychology, my PhD is in Street Fighting
And I’m fairly certain that I could whop you if I had to (joking, only joking) :lol:
“You can't deny laughter. When it comes, it plops down in your favorite chair and stays as long as it wants” [Stephen King, novelist, horror genre]

PS: I like you (and I like Skinner, and I like your “RELAX” etc etc)…. You’re always VERY deep…
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
stucap

Post by stucap »

Anyone have an opinion here? Higher low? Or more down to come?
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

jarbo456 wrote:
i like it. what's the time frame though? lol
well, first retest 5dma failed, we should test recent low (LOD of today) this is in a day or two time frame the next retest on 5dma, make or not that's when all trend followers will see it and jump on board if it fail there, if not then an up trend will resume. right now TRIN is well over 1, sideways to down at best.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

KeiZai wrote:THX BB52x...thumbs up for ur charts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wTlureUMP8
thnx, I read every post on this board, great mind lots of experience here.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

stucap wrote:Anyone have an opinion here? Higher low? Or more down to come?
Today LOD will mark the line this is one hour chart.
Attachments
spy.JPG
Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

taggard wrote:Another data point for turn study. In addition to watching levels on McClellan Oscillator, I also watch trends for signs of reversal. Today we have a crossover down on a rising bottoms line. See bottom pane on chart. This is a bearish development. What is missing is that it is not coming from an overbought peak. So, I will look for confirmation (usually a jiggle up followed by a lower low) perhaps next week.

i spend a lot of time with this indicator along with 10/30 moving averages of the nyse advance decline line. the nymo acts like a 10 ad moving average of nyse ad line--and the nysi acts like a 30 day ma of nyse ad line. on nysi i like rsi at stock settings (use stock charts for this stuff only look after hours during day use 10 and 30 ad on excel using wsj data). matching nymo tops/bottoms (either index or slo sto set at 5/3 so fast) with nysi (rsi) tops/bottoms works fairly nicely. from this perspective the nysi and 30 day ma (eg the longer term indicators) appear to be setting up for a flat to up week the week after exp. if so your desired condition could set in towards the end of next week and the start of the following week--which is consistent with the usual end of the month attempt (eg even if we blow of the month usually there is at least an attempt towards that last part to go up)

earlier you mentioned max pain and spy 126. i have to say i have not had good "luck" over the years with max pain. options week does get impacted--but it is very situational (in my experience). here your idea is interesting in light of (1) the last 3 days action in spy maybe producing a measured move to roughly 126. (2) as well as a gap at the start of the year which is just under 126.

Thnx. BTW my use of max pain is very crude. As a specific target it is not bankable, but I generally find the market makes an "attempt" directionally toward the level at some point leading into expiration. So, when the spread gets wide like it has been, it gets interesting. We'll have to see where things stand on Tuesday, the option book is probably moving around a lot today.

sorry you had to lose any of the short position yesterday. what was interesting than that was the number of people on this site (and everywhere else) that figured we would gap up this morning. The whole thing is so perceptual--so they bot it yesterday since they knew we would be up this morning--now are they selling today since jan options week is delicate and usually has a bad end?

good luck (to both of us) on the rest of the trade (we make our own luck)
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Stucap
Nydec 2181 = nice bear, nice cuddly “bear trend”

STATS at this moment only (schwab numbers):
Advancers 817
Decliners 2210
Unchanged 74
Nice odds quite skewed bear
Lets see if this changes now as I post
I dare you
Yup, just changed
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

http://www.optionmonster.com/drj_blog/a ... 7s+Blog%29

always good to watch this.

large buyer of protection keeping his insurance on, rolling it out one month a week before expiration.