Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

07/20/2012 Live Update

xfradnex

Re: 07/20/2012 Live Update

Post by xfradnex »

SWalsh wrote:
agunther wrote:
SWalsh wrote:
Here's a line also back to June. This charts has more lines than a party at Pablo Escobar's house :o
:lol:

Good chart. I don't think that channel will hold, but I hadn't noticed it before.
"Thank you....thank you very much"

NOT MKT RELATED:
On a serious note, here's an article(s) for you. As you know, there was a slaughter of 13 at a Midnight showing of Batman. There is an article on ZeroHedge as to safety. I'm ahead of most with the training on the list. And I will be legally carrying a sidearm into all movies from this point forward. Given the training I have, it's almost an obligation. (see "Sheepdogs" below). I hate to live this way, but in my life I have known two people murdered in their homes in NYC during home invasions and one dragged from his car and clubbed to death at 2 AM when he said the wrong thing to the wrong guys in the car next to him in NJ.

ZH article: When You Are Suddenly Surrounded by Violence And It's Too Late to Train: http://tinyurl.com/76r6739:

Below is an article by Lt. Colonel Grossman, "On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs", who has testified before Congress as to Columbine and also as to the high rate of suicides in the military. Gun control is not the answer. Drugs and guns go together and they can't keep drugs out of prison. Let's hope no one is involved in this, but 13 just were. You wear a seat belt, you have a smoke detector, and you should have an idea as to the safety of your family. It's all more important than anything you are seeing on these screens: http://killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

After you read the article look at the entire site. The simplest of crime to stop is white collar crime, and we are failing at it for various reasons. That so-called "Thin Blue Line" is thinner than most think.

Someone here will read that article and be the better for it. If you are trying to provide for your family here, you surely owe them the ability to protect them if you can. If Kondratiev is right and "Winter" has begun, we are not the somewhat homogeneous society of the 1930s. And that is a big problem. And if it never happens, that's great.
Is this your way of indirectly threatening people. Letting them know you have a gun and you know how to use it? Yes not TA related. We will be nice to the man with the gun.
Flip that coin.

Legal note:Don't believe anything I say above. You may lose yourA$$..
My chart has Daily Elders (Close, High, and Low), MA-2, CCI, and ATR for each stock; all color coded.
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

UVXY 50 and 65dma (red and pink) have been resistance on the way down...need to get above for more down, but this could act as resistance in the short term....
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-07-20 at 10.57.04 AM.png
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

resistance again, wait.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
uempel

Post by uempel »

Mr. BachNut wrote:
uempel wrote:BachNut: Yes, but weekly momentum looks too strong for a short. Check this chart courtesy CS, shaded red is daily momentum, black/blue lines are weekly.
The attachment mom.png is no longer available
Help me understand uempel. The daily looks positive but diminishing. The weekly looks negative but flat. Am I looking at this wrong?
I'll explain, first the shaded red: if you put a trendline on top you see that the latest bounce broke the downtrend. More important the weeklies: if you check very carefully you'll see that the squiggles on the upper weekly tend to be above the blue line since end of June. And and the lower black made a reversal to the upside end of June...
mom.png
Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

uempel wrote:I don't know...
hhh.png
Yeah, I saw this. The right shoulder is funky. It could have used another day or so before breaking the neckline to build up some more energy, but I think it is plausible.

Next week (maybe a little more) seems like it will be a "key" time as Cobra likes to say. Various targets and resistances will rendezvous...just in time for a Bradely Turn Date on July 28.
Bull or Bear, it could be really interesting and technically cool as it unfolds. :)
BlackThought

Post by BlackThought »

ClarkW wrote:US Dollar chart from Kimble http://blog.kimblechartingsolutions.com ... july20.jpg
lol nice artwork
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

nice bull bar. now key time. break above the red line, it's double bottom. I say bulls have chances.
Attachments
1.png

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

BARON
etta is on now, I’ll find your fave later……..promise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... dQ61M&NR=1

ps: Global PMI
http://screencast.com/t/AviuQl51cDm
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
tomsky

Post by tomsky »

xfradnex wrote:Ok, I will step up. Agree, that "the subject person" provides good posts that I enjoy, but he draws in alot of people that want to fight with him and it it bad for the board. Although I have not direct conflict with "the subject person", "the subject person" has drawn in alot of people to fight with him over and over, which has been proven over and over ( and currently) and has drove valuable members away and has defered discussions away from TA. "The subject person" likes looking for a fight by posting with an Avitar and a signature that evokes hate and conflict(among other things). "The subject person" tries to beat down anyone that contradicts him and he brags how he is better than them. No one cares and no wants to hear about it. I don't want to discuss/fight with "the Subject person" or anyone else, but it is his clear intent to fight with someone on a regular basis. If "the subject person" responses to this in any way, it will just reinforce what I believe, so do not bother, I will not respond. I (others) will be happy if you tone down your aggressive Avitar and signature stance that draws/baits in the "Trolls" (this can be applied to others). I think that the Board will respond in kind to changes and provide you with better discussion. I am writing this because I don't think anyone will step forward, because they will be beaten down by "the Subject person" and a few select "others". "Others", don't respond either (have some restraint). Lets not discuss this and move forward and make this board better. Thank you.
+ 1 (too lazy to write and this sums all, thx xfrandex). For me is much much easier to read this forum now because i banned "the subject person". It's enough to watch the tape and see the spike in activity to know that bots kicked in triggered by "i don't know and i don't care" algo or setup or whatever you want to call it and you'll immediately know that level will hold/be defended and maybe even trade based on that. It is sad that the damage is already done, cougar left the forum after an exchange with "the subject person" (i must say when i joined, besides cobra, cougar was the first i followed and most of my indicators i now watch for short term are stolen from him and i feel terrible sorry for not having him here and stood aside when he argued with "the subject person") and everybody who's disturbed/annoyed or whatever should step in and promptly take action if he feels some arguments don't belong here (politics, algos or whatever). I don't know about you guys but for me this forum taught me A LOT, we have the mighty cobra and so many others from whom we can learn. Here i found all the info that lead me finding the planets influence on the market and that marvelous graph that tells me every move and is helping me making money, finally. This collective wisdom i couldn't find anywhere else and, at least i, don't want to loose it. Because every person who will feel offended will leave and there will be nobody else to replace him. Imagine this place without BB52, Al dente, Keizai, Mr myagi with his pbars reminders :), uempel and his wonderful elipses, tradergirl and so so many others (just to name a few, you know there are a lot others posting invaluable information). Who will remain? Cobra and "the subject person"? That i don't want to happen.

Later edit: One more argument for keeping this forum clean: do you guys think it's pure coincidence that so many joined here, posting and teaching us for free in this complicated game we're playing when so many others are protecting their info and trying to sell it like they found the Holy Grail? I don;t think so. I'm convinced that every step, every mistake i made in the past 10 years led me here and i know that, because of this place and because of you guys, my future looks bright.
Last edited by tomsky on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The hardest thing to see is what is in front of your eyes.
Trading is the most dangerous human endeavor, short of war.
uempel

Post by uempel »

uempel wrote:
TraderGirl wrote:
uempel wrote:I don't know...
The attachment hhh.png is no longer available
I have seen this set up posted on other charts, but is the RS technically correct??
TraderLady, I'm new in this business. Don't know what RS is...
Ahhh, right shoulder :D But tell me, why should'nt it be correct? Ms or Mr SPX standing on her/his head, two nice shoulders, not very muscular but they look ok, right?
xx.png
ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

Another chart from Kimble http://blog.kimblechartingsolutions.com ... uly201.jpg
This one on home construction index
Attachments
DJ Home Construction Kimble Charting 07.20.12.jpg
Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

uempel wrote:
Mr. BachNut wrote:
uempel wrote:BachNut: Yes, but weekly momentum looks too strong for a short. Check this chart courtesy CS, shaded red is daily momentum, black/blue lines are weekly.
mom.png
Help me understand uempel. The daily looks positive but diminishing. The weekly looks negative but flat. Am I looking at this wrong?
I'll explain, first the shaded red: if you put a trendline on top you see that the latest bounce broke the downtrend. More important the weeklies: if you check very carefully you'll see that the squiggles on the upper weekly tend to be above the blue line since end of June. And and the lower black made a reversal to the upside end of June...
mom.png

Got it. Makes sense. It aligns well with what MACD and RSI are doing weekly.
joe-gamma

Post by joe-gamma »

midcap 720.png
midcap 720.png (9.88 KiB) Viewed 8907 times
might be a good time to buy back some puts on the next downtick....midcap futures 55 minute shows a bit of divergence (my guess for IWM)
thanks!
Bulls make money, Bears make money, Pigs get slaughtered (OR run big banks into the ground for a billion $ bonus)
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

not a valid breakout yet, be patient. actually it's key time for both bulls and bears.
Attachments
1.png

Xian

Post by Xian »

Tabby wrote:Cobra,
I think you should the board as it is. There is a question that where do you draw a line that what is acceptable and what it is not. There are picture posted in here that are condescending toward women. Photos of underaged girls in bikines , not even taken from a magazines. You have a daughter, how do you like your daughter picture to be posted in another forum and whole bunch of pigs drool over it???
Then we some people who use curse words in different languages in your blog that you don't even know know it.
Then you have some people who are anti- Obama and write garbages in here. Then you have Democrates/Republicans who write garbage in here
Where do you draw a line? Do you really want spend time to monitor who is right or wrong.
If you don't like TV show, you turn it off, just let Freedom of speech to shine in your blog. Some of his EW charts were more accurate than some of your favorite people who post in here.We are adults we should know how to handle situations in here.
Thing is, I come to this board to for a specific reason— as I think most do— to help sharpen perceptions and hone skills in one very specific area of life: The Markets. When someone starts prattling on about politics or whatever else it splinters my focus. The exact opposite reason of why I come here.

That's why I'd like the nonsense to stop. Save the musing on politics, thoughts on society, tinfoil hat theories about moon landings and all the rest of it for your wife or your invisible friends or the guys down at the bar or whatever. When in here let's just all make money and nothing else.

(PS, uempel, the spaghetti, bullbear, and MANY others have great info and I personally believe that they are not wrong "most of the time". Anyone who says different isn't paying attention or has an agenda. I learn a lot from the generosity of those absolute strangers and I want to keep it that way.)
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

I thought we put the issue of scantily clad men AND women to rest last week?
KENA

Post by KENA »

Looks like a wide inverse dome is forming with two targets..Maybe we go up now lets see. :mrgreen:
BlackThought

Post by BlackThought »

Xian wrote:
Tabby wrote:Cobra,
I think you should the board as it is. There is a question that where do you draw a line that what is acceptable and what it is not. There are picture posted in here that are condescending toward women. Photos of underaged girls in bikines , not even taken from a magazines. You have a daughter, how do you like your daughter picture to be posted in another forum and whole bunch of pigs drool over it???
Then we some people who use curse words in different languages in your blog that you don't even know know it.
Then you have some people who are anti- Obama and write garbages in here. Then you have Democrates/Republicans who write garbage in here
Where do you draw a line? Do you really want spend time to monitor who is right or wrong.
If you don't like TV show, you turn it off, just let Freedom of speech to shine in your blog. Some of his EW charts were more accurate than some of your favorite people who post in here.We are adults we should know how to handle situations in here.
Thing is, I come to this board to for a specific reason— as I think most do— to help sharpen perceptions and hone skills in one very specific area of life: The Markets. When someone starts prattling on about politics or whatever else it splinters my focus. The exact opposite reason of why I come here.

That's why I'd like the nonsense to stop. Save the musing on politics, thoughts on society, tinfoil hat theories about moon landings and all the rest of it for your wife or your invisible friends or the guys down at the bar or whatever. When in here let's just all make money and nothing else.

(PS, uempel, the spaghetti, bullbear, and MANY others have great info and I personally believe that they are not wrong "most of the time". Anyone who says different isn't paying attention or has an agenda. I learn a lot from the generosity of those absolute strangers and I want to keep it that way.)
i agree.
joe-gamma

Post by joe-gamma »

es 720.png
es 720.png (9.6 KiB) Viewed 8861 times
s/t could get a crossover with divergence in the histogram,
BullBear see any chance of a good pop next half hour?
his is 34 minute ES future
thanks for all the great MARKET ideas on this board!
Bulls make money, Bears make money, Pigs get slaughtered (OR run big banks into the ground for a billion $ bonus)
BlackThought

Post by BlackThought »

TLT macd close to crossing below the signal line, right back at resistance. it's a coin toss, TLT and SPY both could be a double top, but judging by the retail sentiment data released by AII and election coming up, i am going to bet against the retail trader and go long equities/short treasuries.
Last edited by BlackThought on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.